Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2017, 10:45 AM

405 posts, read 241,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I never really considered any of those things work.
Same here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
ANY relationship is subject to this. Did you not kiss the thread where dude is leaving his wife and kids mother for a mail order Russian bride?

My point is if I want you I will stay in the relationship, if I don't want you, the relationship ends. Simple as that.

that is true, relationships of all forms can end at the drop of a hat.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Nightsong View Post
Theoretically you could be out the door as soon as a better opportunity arises. Nothing concrete.
A simple phone call and you are into another adventure.

No commitment. Really easy to drop everything and leave.

To paraphrase that movie "Heat"
Never become involved in anything you can't drop in 30seconds.

You may not leave. Maybe she will....

very true!.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I do think you need to have realistic expectations.

You're probably not going to get anything TOO serious and committed with what you're looking for.

I am realistic, I know i may never find what I am looking for, but if I do find a girl who is with me on those three topics (and everything else clicks), I will be committed and I expect the same from her.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:01 AM

540 posts, read 363,008 times
Best of luck to you sir.
No convincing you otherwise

Old 03-22-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Nightsong View Post
Best of luck to you sir.
No convincing you otherwise

thank you for the kind words!, this was never about convincing me, i just wanted opinions on my thoughts.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:07 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,111 times
As I said before, there are women looking for the same type of relationship (and yes I consider what you are looking for a relationship) However, I think what many people are trying to say, which is highly likely to happen is feelings will change. Say after 8 months things are going great, now someone feels they actually do want to marry you or move in together (and it could be you, never know) that's where the problem arises. I think you have a better chance of finding what you are looking for, more so than most on here, but keep in mind that it may be asked to evolve into something more down the line, and ya never know what the future holds, you may not be opposed to that.

Last edited by Raptor76; 03-23-2017 at 01:04 PM..

Old 03-23-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
As I said before, there are women looking for the same type of relationship (and yes I consider what you are looking for a relationship) However, I think what many people are trying to say, which is highly likely to happen is feelings will change. Say after 8 months things are going great, now someone feels they actually do want to marry you or move in together (and it could be you, never know) that's where the problem arises. I think you have a better chance of finding what you are looking for, more so than most on her, but keep in mind that it may be asked to evolve into something more down the line, and ya never know what the future holds, you may not be opposed to that.

Thank you for acknowledging that . you are correct, who knows what the future holds, I will keep that in mind thank you!.

Last edited by JimBrown333; 03-23-2017 at 02:16 PM..

Old 03-23-2017, 01:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
The women that I know that want a relationship akin to what you are describing are either older or divorced - or both. So, that might be helpful to know. They want companionship but they don't want to share their space or get remarried.

Also, I don't know if this has been pointed out - but I would call these things your "beliefs." I would just call them your preferences. These aren't really beliefs, just preferences or goals or what have you. I though I was going to be reading a thread about a satan worshipper or a follower of the flying spaghetti monster!

Old 03-23-2017, 01:09 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,041,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBrown333 View Post
what do you mean by now and then?, the way I see it, we would spend weekends together, take trips together, spend days at a time together at any given time we both decide to. we just would not live together full time. this would not be a situation in which we see each other once or twice a month. because I don't want kids, marriage or co-habitation I don't want to put in work?. there is more to a relationship I would think than those three things.
I think all those things are great but the situation you describe is lacking the glue that holds relationships together. Successful LTR's are usually the result of sharing yourself with another person. It's difficult to achieve the same degree of intimacy on a part time basis. There is a value in knowing your partner has seen you at your best and worst and still wants you in their life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships