Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 05:22 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
You mention her weight several times and acknowledge lack of motivation to do something about it.

Yet you don't seem at all motivated to find out how you could better please her so these "sessions" wouldn't last so long and "bore" you. I haven't heard anything that suggests YOU are willing to work on your own shortcomings.
Yep.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:42 AM

1,199 posts, read 731,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
Well...to be fair, they've been together for 3 years, and he STILL hasn't managed to give her an orgasm yet. However, that hasn't stopped him from getting his release whenever they have sex. So...who's really boring who here?

Instead of complaining about his girl, I think the OP needs to accept some of the responsibility, as he obviously doesn't have mad skillz in the bedroom, or he would've been able to satisfy her as least once by now.
If it's his first relationship he's probably not any good himself true. But let's be honest, if you're not attracted to someone, it's extremely difficult to have hot, enthusiastic sex.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
You mention her weight several times and acknowledge lack of motivation to do something about it.

Yet you don't seem at all motivated to find out how you could better please her so these "sessions" wouldn't last so long and "bore" you. I haven't heard anything that suggests YOU are willing to work on your own shortcomings.

Of course she was mad about the "sessions are too long" comment. Basically you are saying you'd rather be doing something else than connecting with her. Do you realize how hard many guys have to work just to get a woman into bed?

I think you need to own up to the fact that this is all about her weight gain. You have mentioned it several times and my impression is you're trying not to be "that guy" but you really are. Yes I know physical attraction is important but apparently after 3 years this relationship hasn't progressed to a level of depth beyond just appearance.
Better please her in already boring sessions? What about her finding ways to not be boring.

And let's be honest, major weight gain is in and of itself a huge problem in a sexual relationship. Pun intended. Sex is as visual and physical, if not more so, as emotional. Many men just are not turned on by obesity and would find it difficult to muster the desire to have sex with a obese person and then enjoy it.

And it's not just the physical now is it? For someone to become obese it speaks to a number of very unattractive qualities that have manifested. Lack of self control and compulsion, lethargy and laziness, lack of motivation to lead a healthy life, indifference to the dangers of it. These are not simply superficial ideals. These are the underlying issues that make someone not just physically unattractive, but as a person as well.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:54 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,474,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
Better please her in already boring sessions? What about her finding ways to not be boring.

And let's be honest, major weight gain is in and of itself a huge problem in a sexual relationship. Pun intended. Sex is as visual and physical, if not more so, as emotional. Many men just are not turned on by obesity and would find it difficult to muster the desire to have sex with a obese person and then enjoy it.

And it's not just the physical now is it? For someone to become obese it speaks to a number of very unattractive qualities that have manifested. Lack of self control and compulsion, lethargy and laziness, lack of motivation to lead a healthy life, indifference to the dangers of it. These are not simply superficial ideals. These are the underlying issues that make someone not just physically unattractive, but as a person as well.
I don't recall OP saying anything about her being obese.

If he feels disgusted by her he needs to own up to it to HER and let her move onto someone else. Instead he's trying to act like that's not the issue. Instead it's a pathetic weasly "our sessions take too long and bore me!"

Old 04-11-2017, 07:02 AM

Also, I agree with the poster who said that the OP's general stress/unhappiness in his life may be coloring his view of his GF and the relationship.

Heck, I went through that with an old BF years ago. He had a lot of bad things happening to him in life at the time, and he became distant from me and I broke it off. A few months later, things were better in his life and he contacted me and we went for lunch.

Now, the funny thing was that I had gained about 7 pounds in the time since I had last seen him -- but he actually thought I had LOST weight when he saw me. He kept going on and on about how great I looked ("Wow, you've been working out!" -- I hadn't) and for a while after that he sort of pestered me to get back together but I had moved on by then. I was pretty much the same person only a tad heavier yet he was looking at me in a totally different light.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetie789 View Post
She's always been a little overweight, and I've been fine with that. It's just that in the past year or so she's gained a fairly large amount of extra weight. She's even mentioned it herself. I think I posted in the original post that I've tried to get her to join the gym when I go a couple times a week, but she never wants to. And I try to make healthier meals for myself, and cut out things like sugar, but she doesn't really care about eating healthy.
Quote:
I don't recall OP saying anything about her being obese.
I think my assumption of obesity is fair based on this OP comment.

Quote:
If he feels disgusted by her he needs to own up to it to HER and let her move onto someone else. Instead he's trying to act like that's not the issue. Instead it's a pathetic weasly "our sessions take too long and bore me!"
Except that he's trying to be a caring partner and is trying to get her to eat healthy and work out in a fair manner. You can't see past the fact that he's human and is losing attraction to a person who has become unattractive. He's purposely side stepping the issue because if he doesn't, all the women of the internet come down on him for being human.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
I think my assumption of obesity is fair based on this OP comment.

Except that he's trying to be a caring partner and is trying to get her to eat healthy and work out in a fair manner. You can't see past the fact that he's human and is losing attraction to a person who has become unattractive. He's purposely side stepping the issue because if he doesn't, all the women of the internet come down on him for being human.
I get that he's human. I'm coming down on him as it is -- for not owning this problem. I would not come come down on him if he were honest. And who the hell cares anyway if people "come down on him" on the internet? It may even be a fake post for all we know.

And let's be honest. Him trying to get her to be healthy is not about being a "caring partner" in regards to her health. Is he worried about how much alcohol she drinks? Is he monitoring her cholesterol levels? Her stress? Nope. If she were svelte the thought of "health" wouldn't enter his mind.

This is about his own desires to have a thin GF. He just needs to own it and move on.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
I get that he's human. I'm coming down on him as it is -- for not owning this problem. I would not come come down on him if he were honest. And who the hell cares anyway if people "come down on him" on the internet? It may even be a fake post for all we know.

And let's be honest. Him trying to get her to be healthy is not about being a "caring partner" in regards to her health. Is he worried about how much alcohol she drinks? Is he monitoring her cholesterol levels? Her stress? Nope. If she were svelte the thought of "health" wouldn't enter his mind.

This is about his own desires to have a thin GF. He just needs to own it and move on.
Like I said, being thin is a byproduct of living a healthy, attractive lifestyle. In my opinion, being fat is not just physically unattractive but personally as well.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Like I said, being thin is a byproduct of living a healthy, attractive lifestyle. In my opinion, being fat is not just physically unattractive but personally as well.
OK. Thin people can be unhealthy too. I'm just saying let's stop with the "he cares about her health" crap and admit this is a purely visual thing. If he wants to fire his fat girlfriend, he should just admit it.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:13 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Yes I know physical attraction is important but apparently after 3 years this relationship hasn't progressed to a level of depth beyond just appearance.
Wise words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships