Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 07:13 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Sure, I get it. I just figure we all know that's a possibility but no one really wants to say it out loud to the OP.

The way she described the experience, though, he was pretty into it.
Guys fake it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 07:31 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Sure, I get it. I just figure we all know that's a possibility but no one really wants to say it out loud to the OP.

The way she described the experience, though, he was pretty into it.
weeeeellllll....actually a couple of us did say it may be that the guy felt weird or things changed for him, in a less "in your face" way.

I was really trying to understand why 80% wanted to tell her that he must be scared of his strong feelings for her and now needs to re-group because he wasn't ready for love.

What kind of response would I get if I posted that yeah, I'm single too, it's because every time I'm with a guy we have sex and his new found love for me grows so intense, he can no longer speak and goes away to keep from declaring this...

I think the OP is realistic and intelligent enough to consider it's just one of those sukky things that happens, and they might have been better off settling for friendship.

Just as realistic a possibility, IMO.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:36 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Never, ever underestimate what lengths a man will go to in order to get a little tail.
Not necessarily always true -- there are the Tim Tebows of the world and such. In the case of Tim Tebow himself, apparently he was recently dumped by none other than Miss Universe because he wouldn't sleep with her unless they were already married first. I can relate to that in a certain sense, if only because I have similar beliefs.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:43 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
weeeeellllll....actually a couple of us did say it may be that the guy felt weird or things changed for him, in a less "in your face" way.

I was really trying to understand why 80% wanted to tell her that he must be scared of his strong feelings for her and now needs to re-group because he wasn't ready for love.

What kind of response would I get if I posted that yeah, I'm single too, it's because every time I'm with a guy we have sex and his new found love for me grows so intense, he can no longer speak and goes away to keep from declaring this...
No, you're absolutely right.

"He was SO overcome by how good it was that he is making himself stay away ..." is a comment straight out of "He's Just Not That Into You."

Because it makes no sense.

I just really, really despise ghosting of any kind, and I don't understand it at all. Maybe because I OVERshare my feelings sometimes. But to be a friend for 3 years and then just disappear ...

Old 05-27-2017, 07:52 PM

18,104 posts, read 15,683,109 times
I agree. It's not like she attacked him, accused him of being a terrible friend or did something to ensure he would be crazy to want to continue a friendship with her.

And, he's not a child or someone she took advantage of. His behavior, IMO, is abhorrent and rude and so unnecessary. He's the one who threw out signals of being interested in something beyond friendship, no one forced him to have sex. Excuses for his bad behavior are just that -- excuses.

I would never think it's okay for a guy I thought of as a good friend, a reliable friend, to act like this. He'd be dead to me.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:56 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,958,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Never, ever underestimate what lengths a man will go to in order to get a little tail.
Sure, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free (once every 3 years)?

Last edited by xeric; 05-28-2017 at 11:06 PM..

Old 05-28-2017, 11:09 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
It's not much work if the other person keeps coming to you.
You never have to do anything but sit back and reap the rewards
Except that's not what happened.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:36 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
Sure, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free (once every 3 years)?
Also: Why buy the whole pig for one little sausage.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:41 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Not true at all. If they're really friends, they will remain friends, and it most certainly is not true that one person always develops feelings. The relationship isn't the same, exactly, but it doesn't mean it is worse, and often there is a greater connection and closer friendship.
Hate to say it but from my experience, an encounter like that one, there is no greater connection and the friendship seemed more distant since then.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:54 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Could be numerous reasons:

He could feel awkward.
Suddenly decided that's all he wanted.
He's confused.
He may like you and may not know how to deal with it.

It could be anything. As much as people don't want to admit it, sex can and does change things for people. Personally, I wouldn't have sex with someone I consider a friend. It just doesn't compute. I've talked to people who are really casual about who they sleep with, and some say they can maintain friendships afterwards. To them it's just sex and nothing else. While I respect their views, I simply do not understand how they do it.

*shrugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships