Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 06:49 AM

710 posts, read 585,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
If you do what you describe you'll end up publicly identifying yourself as a "mark" and may end up attracting more women with similar qualities to your psycho ex. If you are looking to get past this and never repeat it again your plan is the exact opposite of what you ought to do.
I didn’t think of it that way. I just want to expose her for people to see what a terrible person she was towards me. And she admitted multiple times in the relationship that she was “harsh” to me, so on some level she did know what she was doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 06:51 AM

710 posts, read 585,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
If you try to get revenge then you'll only give her ammo to use against you...and she would so just stop all this right now and block her completely.
I can’t block her just yet. We opened up a phone plan together and I’m the owner of the plan. She blocked my number, so I’m unable to get in contact with her. If she doesn’t contact me by tonight then I’m going to report her phone as stolen and press charges against her if I can since the phone is technically mine and I want to return it or at least cancel the line.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:52 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
Because if I do nothing, then she leaves unscathed and I’ll be the only one who’s hurt from this. I want to hurt her in some way as well (not physically).
Stop. Seriously, STOP.

Sit the hell down.

Think about what the title of this thread, and this post above, say about YOU as a person.

I have been through my fair amount of $#!+ AND somebody else's. I've endured a hideous amount of abuse at the hands of people I should have known better than to ever become involved with, but I had my own problems and a lot of growing up to do. Nevertheless, I've played and I've paid.

Whatever "no one really understands how I feel" BS you may be telling yourself, you are NOT the only person to ever be used or abused, and you won't be the last.

So right this moment stop screaming in your own head. Just stop, and listen.

It's normal to want to hit someone back. And quite frankly, I do NOT buy into all the holier-than-thou BS regarding taking the high road, being "the better person," and all that crap. I enjoy seeing someone get their comeuppance. I like when what goes around comes around.

But I also know the POISON of anger, know it from the inside. I've feasted on the stuff, great, steaming gobbets of it shoved by the fistful down my own gullet. Oh, ha-ha, I'll show you evil people!

Late at night when you're sitting there in bed and the wheels just won't stop turning because you're SO hurt and you're SO angry, and it's all just.... NOT...... FAIR.

If you're not just a troll -- Lord knows we have plenty of them here, folks who think it's fun to set the hounds barking -- then either you're seriously contemplating this and stupid enough to think folks here will help you find creative ways to exercise your inner sociopath; or you're actually asking for HELP, just not in a healthy way.

Newsflash 1: Sometimes the bad guys win.

Newsflash 2: If you carry around all that anger and venom, then you're continuing to let them win. Every single time you relive something she did ONCE, you're doing it to yourself AGAIN.

Newsflash 3: If you stoop to that level, even though you feel briefly justified, you're becoming them -- another win for the bad guys. We become what we practice, and you're practicing darkness, and doing it proactively. That's a CHOICE.

Aaaaand newsflash 4: By becoming a darker version of yourself -- seriously, go ahead if that's who you want to be -- you are wasting valuable time on someone who obviously doesn't think you matter. Let me spell that out clearly:
YOU
are investing your time, thought, and effort
into HER.
You say she used you, took advantage of you. That means she stole your time, your efforts, your thoughts, the dedication of your feelings.

Question: Why would you give her MORE? And consciously?

You lost someone you cared about, but they didn't care about you.
She lost someone who cared about her, even if today she doesn't know it.

Finally, newsflash 5: The more time you waste on her, the less time you have for anything else in life, up to and including someone out there who actually matters.

Your choice: You can get busy living, or waste time jumping off the Magnificent and Lofty Cliff of Arsehole because someone else did and it ticked you off.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:54 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,153,092 times
Ghost her and move on. If you do that, be prepared for her to pursue you again but stay the course.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:58 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
Dude.. man up and walk away.. no regrets..

Just be happy you are free from her.. no need to stoop to petty revenge tactics.. let it go and move on!

Old 12-06-2017, 07:03 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
I think cutting her phone service is a good plan, if you just do it with the phone company and don't contact her in any way about it. Just take that phone off your plan.

But Random, do you know people in your life who would go on and on about a breakup and how evil the person was they were with? How did you feel about them? I'll tell you how the rest of us feels. Bored with the conversation, kind of pitying, wondering if they were about to do something really foolish that would result in criminal charges.

In short, no one will take your side in this or want to listen for more than a few minutes or a few posts. No one will think her evil - they'll think you weak.

The best revenge is living well. THAT is the only thing that will bother her in the slightest - if you appear to move on unscathed and you don't bring her name up again ever.

The opposite of love isn't hate. The opposite of love is indifference. Manage to fake indifference and you will have won, until you actually feel indifferent.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:11 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times
There's this thing called emotional inteligence. Research it. You may find it helpful to develop some. Just a thought.

Walk away. Take your experience as a lesson learned. In fact the only way anything good comes out of it is if you learn from it.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:11 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,253,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I can’t block her just yet. We opened up a phone plan together and I’m the owner of the plan. She blocked my number, so I’m unable to get in contact with her. If she doesn’t contact me by tonight then I’m going to report her phone as stolen and press charges against her if I can since the phone is technically mine and I want to return it or at least cancel the line.
Call the police? You know where the phone is. It's NOT stolen

Guy, grow up. Cancel her plan and be done with it.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:13 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,260,247 times
Read lots of articles on a"Narcissistic Abuse" and it will give you insight which will console you.
In the meantime cut all contact and pamper yourself for 1 week. Cry, laugh, do whatever like eat a cake for 1 week. On day 8 you arise and get back out in the dating world. There is a special girl all yours out there that isn t abusive.
Welcome to heartache 101. It does suck but learn from it .

Old 12-06-2017, 07:14 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,659,380 times
It's over, let it go. You're wasting too much time and can't seem to move on. It's not worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships