Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2017, 01:28 AM

919 posts, read 610,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
Because if I do nothing, then she leaves unscathed and I’ll be the only one who’s hurt from this. I want to hurt her in some way as well (not physically).
Although I haven't read all the replies & will no-doubt repeat what's already been said but that's ok because you really need to understand that this girl has done you a huge favour.

She's taught you to identify exactly what you don't want in a relationship. Whenever you notice the same in a future date, you'll know what to expect & you can move on before you're in too deep.

Scorpions sting, rabid dogs bite, b*i*t*c*h*es be b*i*t*c*h*es. Don't take it personally. She'll treat the next bloke exactly the same ...... & the next ..........

Hate is a wasted, self-defeating emotion. Like drinking poison in the hope that it will hurt another.

Be grateful that she didn't fall pregnant or you'd be having to deal with her for at least the next 18 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 04:49 AM

710 posts, read 585,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
NO!

Cancel her line. You're wanting to talk to her! Stop.

The more I read this thread, the more I'd love to hear her side.
You and others who keep saying this must not realize how complicated of a process it is. If I want to completely cancel the line, then I’d have to pay full price for the phone since it isn’t done being paid off yet. I went to my carrier’s store last night and I was told to that she can get her own plan but we would need to wait until later on this month because the phone needs to be activated at least a month before you can do a service transfer. I have suspended the service on her phone in the meantime, however.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:20 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
As long as you've calmed down and only want to separate yourself from her over the telephone issue, that's not revenge, just good sense.
I don't think anybody can argue with that.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:50 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
You and others who keep saying this must not realize how complicated of a process it is. If I want to completely cancel the line, then I’d have to pay full price for the phone since it isn’t done being paid off yet. I went to my carrier’s store last night and I was told to that she can get her own plan but we would need to wait until later on this month because the phone needs to be activated at least a month before you can do a service transfer. I have suspended the service on her phone in the meantime, however.
You've been given a lot of great advice here.

One thing I hope you'll take away from this as a lesson learned, is not to invest so much in the future like a combined phone plan. That does not need to happen in a dating relationship, especially at 20 years of age. I'm curious how this situation even arose.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:53 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times
Sorry OP, but I think revenge is for insecure little children. You deal with life's blows, not exact revenge on them. At least that's how I believe it's a standard a person should hold themselves to in an attempt to be a decent person despite how much hurt has been laid on you.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:11 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post

The more I read this thread, the more I'd love to hear her side.
Bingo. He's dragging out the drama.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
If I want to completely cancel the line, then I’d have to pay full price for the phone since it isn’t done being paid off yet.
Let this be a lesson to you to not ever give some crazy heifer a bunch of expensive crap.

Cancel the line and be done with her!

Old 12-07-2017, 08:44 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,253,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Exactly.

But...but...he can't cancel the line!!!!!! We don't understand how hard it is or that he has to pay for the whole phone!

Notice he still uses "we"? "WE would have to wait for the 30 days..."

Old 12-07-2017, 08:56 AM

710 posts, read 585,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I can’t cancel the line until the line has been activated for 30 days. There’s literally nothing else I can do. We worked out a solution and she will get her own plan on that day when the 30 days is up. I’m not dragging out anything.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I can’t cancel the line until the line has been activated for 30 days. There’s literally nothing else I can do. We worked out a solution and she will get her own plan on that day when the 30 days is up. I’m not dragging out anything.
BS. She can't get a new line for 30 days. You absolutely can cancel the line right now, but you choose to keep this dragging on for 30 more days.

You deserve whatever you get.

Bye Felicia!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships