Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2017, 09:30 AM

710 posts, read 585,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Wow. I'm so sorry about this.

I've been there. I've been ugly and useless all my life. My own family called me that. (except for my mother and her side of the family).

I don't know what your family situation is like, but if you are dealing with family that is constantly putting you down and calling you dumb ugly and useless, then you're gonna have to put relationships in the backburner. It's possible you might be living with narcissists in your family. Your focus would have to be getting away from that and getting the help you need to move forward before relationships. Narcissists often try their best to sabotage anything good in their target's life.
It’s not something that’s really ongoing but I have been verbally abused by my family before, even my mom. I’m working on saving up to get my own apartment so I can finally be on my own. I don’t think I’ll be ready for a new relationship for a while, my confidence is just about completely destroyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 11:27 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,048,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
It’s just frustrating because I didn’t ask to be put here nor did I ask for the abuse I’ve had to face in life. My ex is only one of the many people who’ve called me ugly, dumb, and useless before. You just get tired of hearing it after hearing it for so long. This is such a rough time in my life because I have other personal family-related issues going on along with this. It’s a miracle that I can force myself to wake up and go to work at this point. I’m not motivated to do anything.
Well, you need counseling, not revenge. But let me break this down for you:

1) If what you say is true, then walk away. Simply walk away. As I always tell my children, the first time someone is mean to you, it's their fault. The second time they're mean to you, it's your fault because you allowed it to go unchecked the first time.

2) If you remove yourself from the presence of your family due to this and they want to know why, simply say that you won't tolerate being called ugly, dumb or useless.

3) Once again, revenge does nothing except make the situation worse. If you want to have real self-confidence, it begins by being the better person.

Old 12-10-2017, 03:11 PM

272 posts, read 185,368 times
This women is to be pitied because her day is coming. I had a similar relationship that I got out of. Her next boyfriend put her in the hospital. Maimed her for life. She later asked if I thought we would get back together. I didn't have the heart to say what I thought, so I just said I didn't know.

This story is as old as time. Read "Of Human Bondage" by Somerset Maugham and it has two film versions as well. It will speak to you.

Old 12-10-2017, 03:36 PM

529 posts, read 508,584 times
Online virtue signaling, shame, qnd wtv else is so lame. I stopped caring what people, aside from 1 person, thinks of me for the most part. Life isn't that long and we only get one. So no point was ti g time caring about what most think. If you want revenge on someone just key their car. They won't be emotionally hurt or anything, but it can cost a pretty penny if they want it fixed. They won't be able to prove it's you or anyone else if you do it in a heavily populated area. A coat hanger wire held out stretch from your hoodie sleeve whilst you walk buy is all you'll need. Enjoy!

Thqt or figure out a way for a skunk to spray her. Haha

Old 12-10-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJaction View Post
This women is to be pitied because her day is coming. I had a similar relationship that I got out of. Her next boyfriend put her in the hospital. Maimed her for life. She later asked if I thought we would get back together. I didn't have the heart to say what I thought, so I just said I didn't know.

This story is as old as time. Read "Of Human Bondage" by Somerset Maugham and it has two film versions as well. It will speak to you.
I can’t wait for her day to come. The only thing I can wonder at this point is why. I never did anything bad to her. With the way she talked to and treated me, you’d think I cheated on her or something. All she had to do was treat me the same way that I treated her and the relationship would’ve thrived. I hope the next guy she decides to date will give her a taste of her own medicine.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:02 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I can’t wait for her day to come.
People who deal like that always get what's coming to them.

It may not happen soon enough for you to feel some sort of satisfaction, but it will happen. You don't get to sashay through life saying whatever the heck you feel like saying to people without facing consequences at some point.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:16 PM

529 posts, read 508,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
People who deal like that always get what's coming to them.

It may not happen soon enough for you to feel some sort of satisfaction, but it will happen. You don't get to sashay through life saying whatever the heck you feel like saying to people without facing consequences at some point.
No they don't. Donald Trump says whatever he wants and most likely has been his entire life. Doesnt change the fact he's a billionaire president with a beautiful wife, loving family, and many supporters. Cruel and callous speakers get by with nothing happening to them all the time. Incidentally, I think you're bleh than this chick that 'emotiaonlly wounded you' to WISH serious physical injury befalls her. You're precisely why the human race will never Solves any of the issues it has. Turn the other ruck in cheek, or get revenge in a goofy but satisfying way and move on. If 5 years from now this chick is happily married to a rich bloke, what will you say then? Will you be angry she didn't get what is supposedly coming to her? What's coming to you for being a doormat? Maybe try to take a positive out of this **** fest and punish the cut by finding happiness. ..

Old 12-10-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by startingfromscratchagain View Post
Incidentally, I think you're bleh than this chick that 'emotiaonlly wounded you' to WISH serious physical injury befalls her. You're precisely why the human race will never Solves any of the issues it has. Turn the other ruck in cheek, or get revenge in a goofy but satisfying way and move on. If 5 years from now this chick is happily married to a rich bloke, what will you say then? Will you be angry she didn't get what is supposedly coming to her? What's coming to you for being a doormat? Maybe try to take a positive out of this **** fest and punish the cut by finding happiness. ..
Can you find one post that I made in this thread where I wished for “serious physical injury” to befall her?

Old 12-10-2017, 04:33 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by startingfromscratchagain View Post
No they don't. Donald Trump says whatever he wants and most likely has been his entire life. Doesnt change the fact he's a billionaire president with a beautiful wife, loving family, and many supporters. Cruel and callous speakers get by with nothing happening to them all the time.
LOL I wished I had placed a bet on how long before someone would come on here and throw out Trump as a counterpoint.

I seriously doubt this heifer has the head start toward "success" that Trump had. Besides, do you really think he's skipping through life scot-free? That is hilarious.

The OP is learning. You could spare a few kind words toward him as well.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:31 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
When people come from a certain background, they have a tendency to choose that later in life. They may hate it, but it is what they are comfortable with. You would do better learning how you can break the habit of choosing, and putting up with it.

It's a dynamic we are trying to teach my stepson, who has a dysfunctional primary parent. At least we have made him aware.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships