Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 10:39 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I doubt it, a lot of lines have been crossed at this point and although I am depressed about the situation, I can’t seriously see myself being with her after all the events that have transpired.
That's important to recognize. What you're feeling is typical for a first relationship's end but this is not someone who adds any value to your life and every minute you spend on her is just wasting the present and future. Keep moving forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 10:52 AM

710 posts, read 585,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That's important to recognize. What you're feeling is typical for a first relationship's end but this is not someone who adds any value to your life and every minute you spend on her is just wasting the present and future. Keep moving forward.
That wasn’t actually my first relationship but it was my first serious one. I’m doing alright for now, I just miss having someone who I could talk to all day and night and tell everything to. She was my closest friend. And I don’t even feel like trying for a new relationship yet, so I think I will stay single for now.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:56 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
That wasn’t actually my first relationship but it was my first serious one. I’m doing alright for now, I just miss having someone who I could talk to all day and night and tell everything to. She was my closest friend. And I don’t even feel like trying for a new relationship yet, so I think I will stay single for now.
Everyone wants good companionship. It's not worth it, though, if the person drags you down. Hold out for a better match, next time. It's better to be alone, and have your self-respect, than to have that companionship you long for, but put up with mistreatment.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:42 PM

181 posts, read 378,762 times
Dude, it sounds like you're wasting way too much precious life energy on this.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Because he put up with the abuse?

He probably has a low self-esteem because of people like her. If you hear something often enough, you start to believe it.
She’s not the first person to verbally abuse me. I’ve been going through it all my life, from family to peers. Sometimes it feels like I was put here to be mistreated by others.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMachina78 View Post
Dude, it sounds like you're wasting way too much precious life energy on this.
I’m not as angry as I was when I created this thread, but I’m still angry over the situation. After we get the phone thing over with, she’s dead to me. I wish she never entered into my life.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:34 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
To give some background, I was with this girl for almost a year and we broke up recently. I admit, this whole this is partly my fault for ignoring the red flags and staying but she completely took advantage of me. I would do nice things for her and spend a lot of money, time, and effort to make her happy. I would do little things like surprise her with her favorite candy and random romantic cards to show my appreciation for her. She never seemed to fully appreciate any of it and she only seemed to show real affection towards me when I was going to buy something for her or do something for her. There were many times when we had arguments that she’d fly off the rails and say all types of harsh things towards me. She once told me to kill my self, she called me ugly and worthless, she’d ignore me and block my number, she’d call me stupid and talk about how no one will ever want to be with me. And I know most people probably would’ve ran away after that, but afterwards she’d seem so apologetic and remorseful. Then she’d go back to normal until the next argument came up. She would also criticize me whenever she felt like it, but the moment when I’d criticize her or ask her to change something about her treatment of me then she’d get really angry and shut down the conversation. She once got really angry at me for calling her out about one of the lies she told me. I put up with that type of treatment for too long and I’m done. The breaking point came when I tried to talk to her about her behavior towards me and she flew off the handle at me and started talking about how annoying I was and how no one will ever want to be with me and how she “hates” me. I’m really hurt, as this happened just a few days ago. I put so much time and effort into this relationship, and I’m a young man working at a job where I don’t make too much money and I still spent a lot on her. I want her to feel the same pain I feel. I have a lot of the screenshots from the arguments we’ve had where she’s said reprehensible things to me. I want to post them on the internet and attach her name to it, so others can see how bad of a person she is. That’s the only idea I have for now. I don’t want to just “move on” from this and let it be, I want her to feel the same hurt and shame that I feel from this
Stop!!! Just stop.

I'm a few days late in this thread, but here's my take. Life is too short to try to get revenge on someone who treated you like crap. There is a saying, it is: "Living well is the best revenge." Focus all of your efforts on your healing, rebuilding and do some grieving, soul searching, etc. I understand the desire for vengeance and retaliation, but its not going to do anything for you.

Just heal and be more aware next time you enter a relationship.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Because if I do nothing, then she leaves unscathed and I’ll be the only one who’s hurt from this. I want to hurt her in some way as well (not physically).
I'm going to give you something from my experience. Your best chance at hurting her involves patience. Work on building your life and get yourself to a point where you are happy with your life and she is barely a thought in the back of your mind. One day, she may reach out to you and do all of the roundabouts on how sorry she was and that she promises she would do better. Don't fall for it, send her on her way, and that would be your revenge.

I say again, the best way to get revenge is to get something good going for yourself.

Forget about hurting her. Deal with your own bitterness on your own time and space. If possible, talk to a therapist so that he can help you through this because let's be honest, this is likely a trauma that you are going through. The best thing to do is make sure you get a handle on this so that you don't wind up in the same type of relationship in a different form somewhere down the line.

The best thing to do right now is to allow yourself to feel hurt. It is okay to drain the emotional poison. Let it out, Let it out.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:45 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,253,841 times
Quote:
She wants to get off and get her own plan, especially after she’s seen now that I have the ability to shut her service off. She texted me this morning really angry about that. If she refuses to transfer it, then I’ll just leave the phone shut off and just pay the bills until her phone is paid off. That would suck but it’s the price I would have to pay for putting her onto my plan, and this nightmare would be over.
How is she texting you if you shut her line down?

And posting her texts???? You conveniently left out most of yours to her...

Sorry but we are only getting one side of the story here...

Old 12-08-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
I did enable a lot of it. I think it was because of the fact that I was never in a serious relationship before and I was just happy to be in one, even despite all the abuse and other things I had to put up with. I think she may be a narcissist too but it’s so hard to believe because when we met, she was so nice to me.
Classic narcissist 101. Narcissists are often nice at first to lure in their target. One form of it is called "Love Bombing".

I'm going to give you the name of someone to look up on YouTube, he goes into the nature of the narcissist.

If you can, go to YouTube and look up Assc Direct. He has tons of videos on the nature of the narcissist and how to deal with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships