Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2018, 11:26 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OK, so what if it played out this way:

The couple is feeling great, they really like each other. The mood is high. Waiter comes to the table, reads out the specials, everything sounds delicious. No one knows the price of the specials, and no one's going to ask. (Lobster is typically Market Price on the menu.)

Waiter asks the female customer her order first as is custom. She orders the surf and turf because it's a special occasion/celebration night (It was the Valentine Special. Did she even notice the price?) and she believes OP is in the same mood (maybe he ooo'd and ahh'd over the waiter reading the specials?)

Then OP orders the halibut, and ooof. It's too late. OP is cool until he gets the bill and sees the Market Price. Then he starts to ruminate, he posts, disappears, and the rest is CD history.
Wouldn’t happen to me, I’d stop it right then and there and say what is the market price, and say we have a problem and if she is that hard up over having lobster, she can either pay it her damn self or the date ends then and there.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
You won’t ALLOW her to order x meal? If that’s your “example” it is a joke. At least that’s how I read it. Truthfully any woman that has a ounce of self esteem would get up and walk out. If you invite someone out you are making a unspoken offering to pay for the meal. If you can’t afford it don’t invite people out.
Not on MY dime, that is key here. Hey promises get busted all the time and subject to conditions. Affording it ain’t the damn problem, it is the PRINCIPLE of the thing.

Last edited by The Dissenter; 02-15-2018 at 11:43 PM..

Old 02-16-2018, 12:16 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm wondering how a woman could eat a whole lobser AND a steak. Not to mention the baked potato, or whatever was on the side.

Next time, take your first dates to a soup & salad bar, OP. Or a coffee shop.
If she cant eat it all, and doesn't want to take it home, I will. I cant stand wasting food.

I dont like steak and lobster, but my dog loves them both.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:17 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Go out on the bayou & get a mess of crawdad tails & gumbo... ...yum

Old 02-16-2018, 12:27 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
I feel I'm so different than most men these days about paying for dates. Back in high school and College, I had no problem blowing upwards to $200 on one date (dinner, entertainment, etc), and I wasn't that well off, either. I had a part time job in high school only making $17 an hour, but come payday....pshhh its party time

I'm a big spender when I want to have fun with someone.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I feel I'm so different than most men these days about paying for dates. Back in high school and College, I had no problem blowing upwards to $200 on one date (dinner, entertainment, etc), and I wasn't that well off, either. I had a part time job in high school only making $17 an hour, but come payday....pshhh its party time

Well good for you. You weren’t an adult who had bills to pay so you were in a good position to get taken advantage of by a woman for “fun”. Us adults with rent and bills aren’t in that position.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:49 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
Quote:
I'm wondering how a woman could eat a whole lobser AND a steak. Not to mention the baked potato, or whatever was on the side.

Next time, take your first dates to a soup & salad bar, OP. Or a coffee shop.
You should watch me eat some time.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:57 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,527,762 times
What if she ordered the halibut, but also a cocktail or glass of wine? That's pretty common for adults.

On V Day my date and I ordered drinks at the bar while we waited for our table. It was $20 for one cocktail and one soda. $50 is not a lot for a restaurant meal, especially not on Valentine's Day OR for steak & lobster (in fact, it's cheap for steak & lobster).

Old 02-16-2018, 01:30 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Wasn't necessarily a whole lobster.Many combo dishes just serve the tail all nicely split open for you or even out of the shell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I personally order the 48 ounce steaks at the local steakhouse and take 3/4ths home.... Always end up cheaper and I always need leftovers. But if someone else was treating I certainly would offer to pay the 42 dollar cost....
A 4 lb steak ???
Just imagine the comments if his date had ordered that!

Old 02-16-2018, 01:36 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

200 isn't a big deal for me either... I feel fortunate that I can afford it on the rare occasion. I spent more than that this past night... Treated some my friends. Thing is, I have known them a long time and given individual situations they show great appreciation.... Always have whenever the occasion arises. I know they are not trying to hustle me

But if it was the first dinner date and she orders one of the most expensive things on the menu, she comes off as a gold digger. That's her mistake....

Gals are wary of PUA.... So guys don't act like one.

Guys are wary of gold diggers... So gals don't act like one.

How much the final cost is irrelevant.... She made the OP feel like he got hustled when all he wanted was a genuine date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships