Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2018, 06:13 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,317,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
I find it interesting that all the threads where some guy complains that MOST woman they meet are
gold-diggers and materialistic. There is always a flood of women calling BS .

When some lonely comes in here with the belief only guys with a buttload of disposable income have a chance at dating in today's environment women here cry foul.

And now looking at some of the responses from most of the women and the guys with obvious disposable income, you are proving the point of many lonely guys here.

Is a guy supposed to now research a restaurant he already regularly goes to to make sure he can afford the highest priced item on the menu + drinks and desert?

Here is the thing with that almost EVERY RESTAURANT has a few items on the menu that can punch your wallet and knock the wind out of it. even the places that market themselves as being affordable.

There are great places to eat in my city, places that have a nice atmosphere, cool vibe and I could afford to eat there 3 or 4 times a week even on my meager income and leave full, and I can have something different each time I go there because about 80% of the menu is reasonably priced but there are meals on that other 20% of the menu that would have me living on ramien noodles the rest of the month if I ordered them more than once or twice in a month. And MOST PLACES ARE LIKE THIS!!!!

so unless you wanna take your date to jack&the box, there is no way to avoid a woman taking advantage of your hospitality. you are dependent on if their parents gave them "Home trainin ".
Smart people estimate worst and best case scenario as far as bill is concerned BEFORE extending an invitation...
Again, if you can't afford two meals, two drinks, dessert, appetizer, then choose different type restaurant or a drive thru. Afterall, no one forced you to choose a restaurant you possibly run the risk of not being able to afford. And on Valentine's Day?
Sheesh! Any numbskull knows you go ALL out on that kind of evening.

I'm still guessing the guy told his date to get whatever she wanted. And to his great dismay and surprise, she took him at his word. Go figure.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:21 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times
Honestly, a first date on Valentine's Day seems very awkward, unless the people on the date don't care about Valentine's Day at all, which a lot of people don't.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:24 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,317,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Honestly, a first date on Valentine's Day seems very awkward, unless the people on the date don't care about Valentine's Day at all, which a lot of people don't.
First DINNER date. See very first post in thread.

I surmise they had already been on other type dates..Date for coffee? Walk in the park? Movie?

Old 02-16-2018, 06:40 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
First DINNER date. See very first post in thread.

I surmise they had already been on other type dates..Date for coffee? Walk in the park? Movie?
Even if it was a first dinner date, I’d still feel awkward. I’d probably work my way around purposely going out on another night. Unless we had already went out at least a few times or were exclusive.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:42 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,033,587 times
A decent date would take a cue from the person paying. If someone is paying and s/he orders an $18 choice, take the cue and stay at $20 or under.

The keyword is "decent".

Old 02-16-2018, 06:47 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
I can't imagine doing that unless I was being taken out by a trump type person. Money bags. If you two end up together, you'll have something to remember about that first date. ha

Old 02-16-2018, 07:31 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,463,558 times
Wow, 346 posts and the OP has not yet returned to the conversation.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:30 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
A decent date would take a cue from the person paying. If someone is paying and s/he orders an $18 choice, take the cue and stay at $20 or under.

The keyword is "decent".
Tough to do if you order first. What is she supposed to do - change her order?
Wouldn't that be humiliating to the guy?

How do you win that one? Put him in debt or cut off his...manhood? Fun choices.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:33 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,563,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
I find it interesting that all the threads where some guy complains that MOST woman they meet are
gold-diggers and materialistic. There is always a flood of women calling BS .

When some lonely comes in here with the belief only guys with a buttload of disposable income have a chance at dating in today's environment women here cry foul.

And now looking at some of the responses from most of the women and the guys with obvious disposable income, you are proving the point of many lonely guys here.

Is a guy supposed to now research a restaurant he already regularly goes to to make sure he can afford the highest priced item on the menu + drinks and desert?

Here is the thing with that almost EVERY RESTAURANT has a few items on the menu that can punch your wallet and knock the wind out of it. even the places that market themselves as being affordable.

There are great places to eat in my city, places that have a nice atmosphere, cool vibe and I could afford to eat there 3 or 4 times a week even on my meager income and leave full, and I can have something different each time I go there because about 80% of the menu is reasonably priced but there are meals on that other 20% of the menu that would have me living on ramien noodles the rest of the month if I ordered them more than once or twice in a month. And MOST PLACES ARE LIKE THIS!!!!

so unless you wanna take your date to jack&the box, there is no way to avoid a woman taking advantage of your hospitality. you are dependent on if their parents gave them "Home trainin ".

The thing is that it doesn’t matter what the restaurant has on the menu as far as pricing. If you invite her out and let her make the decision and she chooses the place be prepared to pay whatever price the bill comes to. She’s not taking advantage of your hospitality by ordering a expensive meal. JC you need to look up the definition of hospitality.

This scenario is nothing more than trying to act like a big shot. Punch in the wallet? More like you’re too poor to afford the restaurant you took your date and tried to impress her.

Don’t want that wallet bunch? Then control the date from start to finish as to how you are going to meet, where and what place you’re eating at. If you want a cheap date then say we’re going to Chili’s. Don’t say hey you choose the place or choose a fancy place then expect your date to make a choice off the appetizer menu because you chose the $18 plate.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:52 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I try to make a serious illustrative example to the topic at hand and people turn it into a damn joke. What else Is new?
Seriously...over this thread?

Thats funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships