Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women, how often are you hit on?
Every day, at least once 10 14.29%
Several times a week 6 8.57%
Several times a month 14 20.00%
A few times a year 13 18.57%
It's been so long, I don't remember 19 27.14%
I never notice 8 11.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 03:10 PM

224 posts, read 357,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So they all stare but don't say anything?

Are you a transvestite?

No, I'm not a transvestite. Don't be crude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 03:11 PM

224 posts, read 357,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yes! We are talking about attention with intent here. Not just male attention.

My bad. It's all the same to me.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:21 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.U.E.E.N View Post
Sorry. I was just wondering why they all stare at you but don't say anything. Are you dressing really revealing?

What do they yell out of the car?

Old 07-11-2018, 03:57 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.U.E.E.N View Post
I think she may have partly been wondering based on your username? In conjunction with saying people stare at you without saying anything. TBH, staring with no words or anything, kind of frozen like that doesn't sound like attraction to me either. It sounds like some crude person staring at a side show. I'd be REALLY uncomfortable. I'm 99% sure I'd walk right up and say clearly, without lowering my voice but staying neutral, "I noticed you have been standing here staring at me. Is there some way I can help you?" Call the person out on it! That is just weird.

It is unusual. Of the women I know who do get looked at a lot (and when I've been looked at) there's usually a smile...often, some sort of approach or at least a few words to test the water...or there is a shy sort of shuffle if the guy isn't very assertive...not just standing there staring. That almost sounds menacing to me. Although I could be visualizing it all wrong.

Just my $0.02.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:58 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
I was with my 21 yo daughter today and some guys called out from a car trying to get us to come over there. Pretty sure if she wasn't with me that wouldn't have happened. Lol

Old 07-11-2018, 05:02 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Sorry. I was just wondering why they all stare at you but don't say anything. Are you dressing really revealing?

What do they yell out of the car?
Maybe she's tall. We had a member here, who was nearly 6' tall, and even taler in heels. She said she got stared at pretty often. Like--gaped at.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe she's tall. We had a member here, who was nearly 6' tall, and even taler in heels. She said she got stared at pretty often. Like--gaped at.
Yes. That is just rude and cruel. Small children know better.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:26 AM

88,614 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That might have been me. I have been stared at for being too tall all my life. Well, since I was 14, which is when I hit this height.

It mostly happened when commuting; for example, walking through a train terminal. Men would look up at me, then down at my feet, then gape up at me when they saw I had sneakers on (for those not in a major metro area with public transportation, women wear sneakers for commuting and keep office shoes under their desks).

It happened so frequently over so many years that it began to get funny. I would point it out to others I might be traveling with, and then they would notice it, too.

Toward the end of my career, when the commute was getting too long and onerous and I descended into crankiness, it no longer became funny, and I changed from chuckling to muttering, "WTF are you looking at?" to their stupid faces. Then it changed from muttering to saying it right out loud. Hehe.

But, I've retired, and that's all in the past.

It's true, though. People who would never dream of saying something rude to a fat person have no problem saying equally rude things to a tall person.

My late brother, who wasn't as nice as I am, said his answer to "How's the weather up there?" was to spit on them and saying, "It's raining." I think he was joking...

But the answer to "Do/Did you play basketball?" is "No, are you a jockey?"

Old 07-12-2018, 11:34 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That might have been me. I have been stared at for being too tall all my life. Well, since I was 14, which is when I hit this height.

It mostly happened when commuting; for example, walking through a train terminal. Men would look up at me, then down at my feet, then gape up at me when they saw I had sneakers on (for those not in a major metro area with public transportation, women wear sneakers for commuting and keep office shoes under their desks).

It happened so frequently over so many years that it began to get funny. I would point it out to others I might be traveling with, and then they would notice it, too.

Toward the end of my career, when the commute was getting too long and onerous and I descended into crankiness, it no longer became funny, and I changed from chuckling to muttering, "WTF are you looking at?" to their stupid faces. Then it changed from muttering to saying it right out loud. Hehe.

It's true, though. People who would never dream of saying something rude to a fat person have no problem saying equally rude things to a tall person.

My late brother, who wasn't as nice as I am, said his answer to "How's the weather up there?" was to spit on them and saying, "It's raining." I think he was joking...

IIRC, it was the member called "The Importer's Wife". She hasn't been around for quite awhile. But thanks for posting your story. I find that young women tend to be meek, and put up with too much guff from people. Later on in life, we finally find our voice, and can't be pushed around or insulted as easily.

MQ, you're not "tall". You're "statuesque"!

Old 07-12-2018, 11:41 AM

207 posts, read 108,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Those people were jealous of your height. I've always found tall women to be very beautiful, and I would ask the tall girls I was seeing to wear 'em 6' inch heels, which would make them to be 6'6''. And they would. Legs for days.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships