Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women, how often are you hit on?
Every day, at least once 10 14.29%
Several times a week 6 8.57%
Several times a month 14 20.00%
A few times a year 13 18.57%
It's been so long, I don't remember 19 27.14%
I never notice 8 11.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 04:16 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Again, go back to the poster who said to check with anyone who works in a nursing home. The residents are very "active", according to reports here.
Yes, the claim was that there's so much...activity that STDs are rampant in retirement communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 04:17 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Apparently they do...in fact, I torture my husband by putting mental images into his head of his dad and the new paramour.

Husband is going to need therapy over it but it's all in good fun and I'm thrilled for FIL and his happiness.

ETA: wait, why did you ask this question, then say you know your father does? I mean you stated it like it was a shock to you...then you said you know someone directly who is still sexually active at that age.

Not sure why you'd need to ask?
Maybe he thought his dad was exceptionally studly and that MOST men of that age were past the need and desire for sex.

I know that old people are often seen as sexless (especially by younger people) and I assume that's just a concession to the idea that nobody wants to think about that, old people getting it on. *shrug*

Old 07-12-2018, 05:35 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Maybe he thought his dad was exceptionally studly and that MOST men of that age were past the need and desire for sex.

I know that old people are often seen as sexless (especially by younger people) and I assume that's just a concession to the idea that nobody wants to think about that, old people getting it on. *shrug*
Well, I'm sure it slows down and at some point, ED becomes more likely, statistically. I don't debate that in any way. That's just pretty obvious.

But since I know of an example of someone who appears both romantic and healthfully sexual past a certain age I gave that example. It's not "CAN men want sex?" as if I didn't know anybody who could. I do know someone like that, and so does that poster, the one acting utterly confused. I'll bet we all do, although it may not be a frequent topic of conversation..."So, Grandpa, Myrtle is awfully nice. Are you smashin' that?"

Old 07-13-2018, 12:20 AM

11,033 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Most men don't approach beautiful women cause so many of these women claim they're tired of being hit on. So many men just don't bother.

I know some will say, "YoU DoN'T kNOW iF yOU DoN'T tRY" some of us know that but certain women just aren't worth the effort.
I will only 'hit' on a woman who gives me the obvious receptive vibe. I might put out a probe and gauge their response. Often they would start the convo after the probe. They get bored too ya know.

My game used to be to watch how they were treating customers before me in the cue and then to try get a bigger smile and more enthusiastic "enjoy your day". I got quite good at it. One girl nearly followed me out once. Many months later I saw her again and greeted her and she put her hand on my shoulder! I liked her too by the way.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, I'm sure it slows down and at some point, ED becomes more likely, statistically. I don't debate that in any way. That's just pretty obvious.

But since I know of an example of someone who appears both romantic and healthfully sexual past a certain age I gave that example. It's not "CAN men want sex?" as if I didn't know anybody who could. I do know someone like that, and so does that poster, the one acting utterly confused. I'll bet we all do, although it may not be a frequent topic of conversation..."So, Grandpa, Myrtle is awfully nice. Are you smashin' that?"
True, though I don't think that ED is necessarily cause to not ever have sex again...if there's a will, there's a way. There are people who are like paralyzed from the neck down trying to figure out how to get it on, so...

(lol I'm having a Jeff Goldblum moment, "Nature...finds a way..." God he's hot...*sigh*...and he just keeps getting better, too.)

But I think too that some of the very old are less apt to kiss & tell, too. My Aunt Jeanette, at about age 80, had a "friend" she spent a lot of time with. To everyone he was "her friend." But he was calling her every night to talk and wish her a good night, and they really seemed to have...a dating relationship. For years. It's just since they were both old, nobody seemed to be noticing it in that kind of context. I never asked her if they ever got it on because she was a classy lady and one simply wouldn't ask such things, and she wouldn't be telling anyhow.

I think I probably already put this out there when we were talking about it before but that "discretion" and "nobody wants to think about it" mentality is behind much of the STI problem in nursing homes. No one is giving them protection, and they aren't screened for those things, it's just assumed that wouldn't be a concern, and they grew up pre-AIDS so they're not really sweating it. In their youth, pregnancy was the bigger worry, and now...it's not a worry, so they just go for it. The nurse I know says she just wishes they'd remember to close the door to their room before they did. LOL!

Old 07-13-2018, 11:47 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

(lol I'm having a Jeff Goldblum moment, "Nature...finds a way..." God he's hot...*sigh*...and he just keeps getting better, too.)
I wish you a very happy Jeff Goldblum Day, then! Jeff Goldblum Day is Causing a Stir in the Burgh - The 412 - July 2018

Old 07-13-2018, 12:54 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I will only 'hit' on a woman who gives me the obvious receptive vibe. I might put out a probe and gauge their response. Often they would start the convo after the probe. They get bored too ya know.

My game used to be to watch how they were treating customers before me in the cue and then to try get a bigger smile and more enthusiastic "enjoy your day". I got quite good at it. One girl nearly followed me out once. Many months later I saw her again and greeted her and she put her hand on my shoulder! I liked her too by the way.
I've realized this. Lots of women will call a man creepy even if you're very respectful. Women come in all kinds - many are nice, many are not so nice.

Over dinner one night, I told my girlfriend that it's a good thing she approached me cause I definitely wasn't going to ask her out.

Overall, the woman has to look decently approachable and not be rude. If she is sporting a bored or annoyed look for no real good reason, no matter how hot, I will pass. No exceptions.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I wish you a very happy Jeff Goldblum Day, then! Jeff Goldblum Day is Causing a Stir in the Burgh - The 412 - July 2018
*shrieks incoherently*

why am I not in Pittsburgh dammit...

Old 07-13-2018, 01:24 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,713,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post

Thank you for this! I was having a bit of a frustrating morning... now I am ALL smiles

Old 07-13-2018, 01:32 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,604,253 times
Fleetie dear, I didn't read through all the pages. For your poll, are you including construction worker cat calls or salesmen being obnoxious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships