Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:33 AM

20 posts, read 39,212 times

Advertisements

Okay so I have a date for Friday. I wanted to do one thing but she convinced me we need to go to a bar/club with a dance floor, because she loves dancing.

Stupid old me, just happy that I got a date, didn't realize I may have bitten off more than I could chew because I'm not a good dancer, I hate dancing and for the life of me refuse to dance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 10:38 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
I'm a dancer myself and its a big factor in my life. I don't hold it against a guy if he doesn't dance with me early on, but he wins major points if he at least tries and doesn't care if he looks "stupid" in front of me. I find it cute if he tries. Later on though, I would get upset if he doesn't even try because honestly, its the thought that counts.

I don't know that you two should go dancing for a first date though if it makes you that uncomfortable. Maybe offer a compromise with her? Offer to go dancing with her another time when you're more comfortable with each other.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:44 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wimpy View Post
Okay so I have a date for Friday. I wanted to do one thing but she convinced me we need to go to a bar/club with a dance floor, because she loves dancing.

Stupid old me, just happy that I got a date, didn't realize I may have bitten off more than I could chew because I'm not a good dancer, I hate dancing and for the life of me refuse to dance.

You've really answered your own question. Obviously you shouldn't agree to go out with someone who loves to dance when you don't. LOL Yes, i would say under those circumstances, a woman would hold it against you. I'm one who also loves to dance and any guy I date has to at least want to occasionally participate. I have a couple of male friends who do love to dance so if I'm really feeling the need, I'll just ask them to be my dance partner for the evening. It works out fine.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:55 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
As a dude, my guess is "no" or "not usually" but I'm thinking most would hold this against a guy: naming yourself Mr. Wimpy.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
You've really answered your own question. Obviously you shouldn't agree to go out with someone who loves to dance when you don't. LOL Yes, i would say under those circumstances, a woman would hold it against you. I'm one who also loves to dance and any guy I date has to at least want to occasionally participate. I have a couple of male friends who do love to dance so if I'm really feeling the need, I'll just ask them to be my dance partner for the evening. It works out fine.
I guess I overlooked my own person distastes when I was roping in the wild she beast

Old 12-09-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
As a dude, my guess is "no" or "not usually" but I'm thinking most would hold this against a guy: naming yourself Mr. Wimpy.
It's an old cartoon character

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Wellington_Wimpy

Ergo my hamburger craving

Old 12-09-2010, 11:10 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wimpy View Post
It's an old cartoon character

J. Wellington Wimpy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ergo my hamburger craving
Mr. Wimpy, I presume you don't go by Wimpy off line, but just in case you do, I suggest you have a few clever lines stored up in the old memory banks if a woman ever calls you on it. I'm thinking somthing along the lines of "Would you like to see my Popeye?"

Old 12-09-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Mr. Wimpy, I presume you don't go by Wimpy off line, but just in case you do, I suggest you have a few clever lines stored up in the old memory banks if a woman ever calls you on it. I'm thinking somthing along the lines of "Would you like to see my Popeye?"
LOL no I don't go by wimpy anywhere apart from this site

Old 12-09-2010, 11:16 AM

4,489 posts, read 10,941,268 times
I don't enjoy dancing in a club at all, so I'm grateful my husband doesn't like it either. (So long as he'll slow dance with me at weddings, I'm happy ) If it's a major passion of hers though, you may be in trouble. I suggest letting your guard down and giving it your all, even if you have no clue what you're doing.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:21 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I don't enjoy dancing in a club at all, so I'm grateful my husband doesn't like it either. (So long as he'll slow dance with me at weddings, I'm happy ) If it's a major passion of hers though, you may be in trouble. I suggest letting your guard down and giving it your all, even if you have no clue what you're doing.
Very true.

OP, if you're a take it or leave it type of person about dancing, you'll probably be ok. But if you hate it as much as I do, then you will be miserable and it will show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships