Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 09:49 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,061,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaKK View Post
Hello

I actually agree with Funnyman's earlier post about you 2 getting back together. Because what the situation sounds like, imo, is that BOTH of you still have feelings for eachother. Which is understandable and its not wrong or foolish. You've had more time together than apart. You've been together almost 30 years and that's a very long time esp. if you have been with this man since you were a teen or an adult. You have children together and he is the father of them all, i assume, as you are the mother of his all. Despite what you are trying to say about not wanting to get back together as I read your comments you aren't 100% with that. Just like he totally isn't.
It seems since he cut away from you he "tried" to get rid of his feelings for you by meeting someone else. When that didn't work he then moved her in. But since now that didn't work he seems to kind of be conceding himself in a way that he still really does have feelings for you. He is avoiding "the talk" with you because really he regrets choosing to be apart from you and because he still actually wants you he is afraid you really will want to cut ties with him and he will be too hurt for that. Pride, ego, maybe a "you were right" kind of situation is something that is holding him back from talking to you.
Both of you still have something for eachother and it looks like being apart helped show that. However he has to be very honest with you so that he can stop stringing that woman along as well as you and you have to be real with him too in your feelings for him.
This is YOUR marriage and he is YOUR husband, despite what most others are saying on this board. If both of you decide to rekindle your marriage fully you are not a fool/stupid for doing so because it is your business and you made a vow before eachother, the law, other people and God. Everyone doesn't understand or know the inside and out of you and his relationship, let alone the real indepth history you have with him and we don't need to. We weren't there, even as sideline fam and friends.

Hopefully things work out very well for you guys.
Well, I did talk to one of his close friends a couple weeks ago. He was reluctant to tell me but he said that DH told him he regrets what he's done and made a big mistake. I did mention a rebound relationship to DH and he said "sounds about right". I do know he has still has feelings for me from some of the things he's told me. He's also told me he misses me and my good cooking. He's dug himself pretty deep though and I have no clue how he would get himself out of it. She sold her house 650 miles away and left her entire family to move in with him 2 months ago. I don't know who does that but OK. Btw, they went to school together and reconnected on FB. Anyhow, I know he has a big heart (which he always has) and I can't see him just kicking her to the curb. I also can't see myself going through this again if he decided it wasn't working out. This is very painful since we had been together almost 30 years and share family and friends together. Yes, we got together right out of high school and the kids are both ours. Was it easy? No it wasn't but every marriage has it's ups and downs. I stuck by him all along and never gave up on him. There are probably times that I should have left for some of the foolish stuff he did. I was actually doing pretty well until I found out about the other woman. It just hurts.

I don't know what the future holds. I have been trying to accept the fact that we won't be getting back together and he's moved on. This is part of the healing process.

I do appreciate the kind words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Hmmm, tough call.

Why did you get divorced?
We aren't divorced yet. We separated a 1 1/2 yr ago. He made the decision.

Old 07-16-2019, 09:56 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Well, I did talk to one of his close friends a couple weeks ago. He was reluctant to tell me but he said that DH told him he regrets what he's done and made a big mistake. I did mention a rebound relationship to DH and he said "sounds about right". I do know he has still has feelings for me from some of the things he's told me. He's also told me he misses me and my good cooking. He's dug himself pretty deep though and I have no clue how he would get himself out of it. She sold her house 650 miles away and left her entire family to move in with him 2 months ago. I don't know who does that but OK. Btw, they went to school together and reconnected on FB. Anyhow, I know he has a big heart (which he always has) and I can't see him just kicking her to the curb. I also can't see myself going through this again if he decided it wasn't working out. This is very painful since we had been together almost 30 years and share family and friends together. Yes, we got together right out of high school and the kids are both ours. Was it easy? No it wasn't but every marriage has it's ups and downs. I stuck by him all along and never gave up on him. There are probably times that I should have left for some of the foolish stuff he did. I was actually doing pretty well until I found out about the other woman. It just hurts.
Wow, that's terrible.

Did he come over yesterday?

Old 07-16-2019, 10:01 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,780 times
Quote:
We aren't divorced yet. We separated a 1 1/2 yr ago. He made the decision.
I had a feeling he was the person that decided to "separate"

I think as others have stated, time will "separate" you two more. And I believe he is abiding by his own code to help you through this tough transition phase.

Your issue seems to stem from a desire or hope that you two will get back together. Hence the wondering as to his intentions and the continued label of DH. At minimum, if you weren't amenable to a reconciliation, you would put a halt to his chivalrous actions or something.... unless you just like the free work around the house which I wouldn't blame you

Old 07-16-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Wow, that's terrible.

Did he come over yesterday?
No he didn't. We actually live just over an hour apart so it does make it somewhat difficult. He usually comes over every other week. When he came over last week, he was already planning the next time to come over.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:27 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,060 times
I think too much contact, you will always feel in limbo. Be cordial, and keep the contact to business. But move on and cut the every day stuff, him helping you with stuff, etc.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:44 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,268,177 times
Quote:
He's dug himself pretty deep though and I have no clue how he would get himself out of it. She sold her house 650 miles away and left her entire family to move in with him 2 months ago. I don't know who does that but OK.
Yes, that IS sad. It's also a very good reason for you to establish some boundaries. He need to do one of two things: make the new relationship work (which means less involvement with you) or extricate himself from it, which is his problem and you don't need to be brought into that drama.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:12 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
I know on those game shows you pick a door or you stay with what you got.

When he chose to pick another door and it wasn’t as good or better, OH NOW he wants to go back as if he made a mistake. He misses your cooking. HA!

He has to live with his choices. Time to move on.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
Yes, that IS sad. It's also a very good reason for you to establish some boundaries. He need to do one of two things: make the new relationship work (which means less involvement with you) or extricate himself from it, which is his problem and you don't need to be brought into that drama.
I agree.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I know on those game shows you pick a door or you stay with what you got.

When he chose to pick another door and it wasn’t as good or better, OH NOW he wants to go back as if he made a mistake. He misses your cooking. HA!

He has to live with his choices. Time to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships