Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:58 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,210,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
I loved it when my ex was unemployed because he needed me and for me to feel secure in a relationship I need someone to need me lol. And he spent more time with me which I loved and this is all very selfish I know but I dont have a problem dating someone unemployed
For real???? I would rather know my husband loves me by giving me a call every now and then, but still bringing home a paycheck...call me simple like that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 10:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,002,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
they should not but they wll. my former boss would not date unless he was an unemployed biker borrowing money from her. a decent guy with a job turned her off cold as ice.
I wonder what the reason for this pathology really is ... other than the savior type cliche... To me it smells like very low self-esteem - they must feel undeserving of love and believe they can only get it from people dependent on them. On the other hand, perhaps they enjoy controlling them. The latter seems to be a lot more common in men, though.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:06 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,445,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Not really... I'd be extremely wary of men who are constantly in and out of jobs and on the move! I mean, if I plan anything half-as* serious with them. That's a very revealing unpleasant pattern of lack of commitment to anything at best and other personality traits better not discussed right now at worst. I don't understand why you're complaining of the disposable culture you're very much a part of...
Most of the outs of some of the jobs were not a question of my committment to them,but their committment to me. I just had a bad run of getting fired,but of course a woman probably wouldn't stick around to hear any explanations...just like other employers don't want to hear it

Anyway I don't understand the inference you made about me complaining of a disposable culture...?

Old 10-22-2008, 10:09 PM

930 posts, read 2,418,750 times
Quote:
I'd say that's the lesser of your problems.
Baawaa ha ha ha ha!!!! Good one! Would rep you if I could!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
they should not but they will. my former boss would not date unless he was an unemployed biker borrowing money from her. a decent guy with a job turned her off cold as ice. for some women, there is something very sexy about a loser.
As compassionate as my woman is I don't even think losers are sexy to her
I think one of the previous posters hit it when they said maybe needy women would date a man regardless if he was employed or not.
Like comedian Chris Rock said recently...nothing turns a woman off more than for her to have to reach into her pocketbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I just had a bad run of getting fired,but of course a woman probably wouldn't stick around to hear any explanations...just like other employers don't want to hear it
Fired or laid-off? Obviously, there's a difference.

Quote:
Anyway I don't understand the inference you made about me complaining of a disposable culture...?
Well, supposedly you're longing for roots, home, friends, etc. and yet all you want to do is hop from place to place, from job to job, and lately... from bed to bed...

Old 10-22-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I wonder what the reason for this pathology really is ... other than the savior type cliche... To me it smells like very low self-esteem - they must feel undeserving of love and believe they can only get it from people dependent on them. On the other hand, perhaps they enjoy controlling them. The latter seems to be a lot more common in men, though.
No it does sound very familiar

Old 10-22-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Fired or laid-off? Obviously, there's a difference....
Nah I was straight out let go

Quote:
Well, supposedly you're longing for roots, home, friends, etc. and yet all you want to do is hop from place to place, from job to job, and lately... from bed to bed...
I think it's a little late now to establish roots somewhere,they're either there or they're not for me. I didn't have many to begin with so that probably started the pattern.
I don't necessarily want to hop from job to job,I had my period of doing that but again it was because I was lost. I did have a pretty cool career in the early days,but after that I was lost again. I guess my focus slipped away at some point.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:18 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,210,342 times
Quote:
Nah I was straight out let go

I think it's a little late now to establish roots somewhere,they're either there or they're not for me. I didn't have many to begin with so that probably started the pattern.
I don't necessarily want to hop from job to job,I had my period of doing that but again it was because I was lost. I did have a pretty cool career in the early days,but after that I was lost again. I guess my focus slipped away at some point.
Hey...it is never too late. As long as you have a pulse, you have hope...

Polly has left the building...Pissy Polly will return momentarily...

Old 10-22-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
I guess my focus slipped away at some point.
If this can cheer you up, you're at least better off than one person - me! You're lost in your own effin' country you probably have tolerance for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships