Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 08:46 PM

51,921 posts, read 52,318,517 times

Advertisements

It doesn't take a professor of Anthropology to see that the female species is on some level looking for a mate that can provide.

I don't understand this question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 09:41 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,086,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Would women date an unemployed guy?

Unemployment happens all the time to everyone. But when I'm unemployed, I feel like a loser not worthy of a gal. But now I'm nearing 40 and I say, at least I got some youth left! And then I reason, after I was unemployed some time I did become a winner and get a good job. So now I say I should give myself a break and even date women when I'm unemployed. But then I'd have to go dutch and can't pay for them; only for me - gotta be the only way unemployed.

How do you feel about this, women? What were your expereinces?

How about unemployed guys dating experiences too? How the women take it?

It's hard having life on hold unemployed.
I would not make a decision for not dating someone because they were unemployed. There are a lot of people in the unemployed group lately. If a guy has been unemployed for 2 years or more, unless they were on disability, I would consider them a slacker and would not be interested. I would not mind dutch(if I were single)
everyone is very aware of the economy, unless someone is rich is a different thing, but the normal Joe blow will understand where you are coming from. Hope thing work out for you.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:05 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,810,193 times
Let's try to get this thread back on topic, and stop with the personal attacks.

Thanks all!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:39 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,581,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Would women date an unemployed guy?
I would and I have. I once considered marrying a man that was unemployed the whole time I was dating him. I don't think he was employable as he had terrible flashbacks from his time in Vietnam. He made a major mistake with me and I gave him a cold shoulder that I think may have altered the weather on the entire eastern seaboard.

I don't personally hold unemployment against any man. I am not looking for a man to support me financially and I prefer older men, so that tends to be men of retirement age. The older I get, the less important employment is. However, if a man kept suggesting that we do things that cost money and then wanted me to pay for both of us plus provide the transportation, it would get real old, real fast.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:32 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,438,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I am a woman, and I have to go to the gym all the time. I have to spend all my time doing my hair, painting my toenails, and eating right, just so I can date men who can afford to take me to dinner.
Or just find a career then you probably wouldn't have to do all that...
this isn't the 50s anymore

Old 10-24-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I think it's great when a girl puts a lot of work into looking good and all of that, I appreciate that, and cute toenails, LOL, but I don't buy girls drinks. I'm happy to buy her a drink after she buys me one, but it's against everything I believe about dating and social dynamics to buy a girl a drink.

Back in the day, and maybe some girls remember this, my dad certainly does, you bought a girl a drink, it meant she would be thankful and talk to you for a bit at least. Now, you buy a girl a drink, she owes you nothing, barely even a thanks, sometimes she just walks away. I've seen it happen! Not to me, because I'm not a tool, so I'm not stupid enough to buy a girl a drink. And if a girl asks me, "Will you buy me a drink?" "No, but you can buy me one!" Whatever most guys do, do the opposite -- best recipe for success with hot girls, at least. They get hit on constantly, you can't be just any other guy. Most guys are anxious to buy a girl a drink. I'm not. I'm anxious to see if I can make her buy me a drink. And it works, too.
I agree with the theory,but I've tried that and it seemed of course to backfire...you don't buy into their game,they find you boring and eventually find plenty of guys who will.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:50 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,749,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
If you are a really nice person but fat, broke, and ugly, well, plan on sitting home alone in front of the TV Friday night, because if you go to a bar and can't even afford to buy a lady a drink, you might as well just stay home and get yourself a six-pack.
Guess i know where i ll be tonight

Old 10-24-2008, 01:54 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,033,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It doesn't take a professor of Anthropology to see that the female species is on some level looking for a mate that can provide
I thought that woman wanting their equal status means that they also pay their way?

Old 10-24-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
I thought that woman wanting their equal status means that they also pay their way?
Well said!

Old 10-24-2008, 02:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,956,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Guess i know where i ll be tonight
Aaaww, don't be soooo sad! Come over and we'll split the 6-pack as I don't go to non-smoking bars. Cheap, efficient, and friendly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships