Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 08:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusian_Artist View Post
My aim must be very good, I've hit several of you right where you live. You're welcome.
Calm down, Venusian. It's a forum. Nobody really cares what the others do on their dates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 09:03 PM

403 posts, read 1,120,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Just as I suspected, you have absolutely nothing to offer and you want to blame women for that. You'll get over it.
No, no, CESpeed. You're right, I have absolutely nothing to lasdjkfa;lskj Sorry, I was laughing so hard, I almost couldn't finish my thought. Spoken like a true California woman, you have.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:09 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
If a woman likes you, she won't care whether you pay or not. But if she's trying to get a free meal and drinks out of you, and you only pay your half of the bill, you just stopped her usury cold.
There would be no if to, you no pay, me no like.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:09 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,556,201 times
Venusian, why do you persist in arguing this into the ground? Obviously, you're the one out of step on this issue. If many of the women here are comfortable letting a man pay for a date or two, that's fine. You already know that man will never be you, so what's your issue?

Old 12-23-2008, 09:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
You already know that man will never be you, so what's your issue?
That's what I'd like to know, too. The rest of us participate in many threads whereas Venusian is focused on this one alone.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:23 PM

403 posts, read 1,120,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Venusian, why do you persist in arguing this into the ground? Obviously, you're the one out of step on this issue. If many of the women here are comfortable letting a man pay for a date or two, that's fine. You already know that man will never be you, so what's your issue?
Well, first off, I'm not the only one "arguing" in this thread. Secondly, the issue is not whether or not some women here want to "let" a man pay for them.

The issue is whether or not it should be expected that a man pay. Surely you understand the difference? Maybe you don't.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:31 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,556,201 times
Be that as it may, you never answered my original question. What is your issue? Is it so important that you convince every man on the planet that your way is best? Why do you care what other men choose to do, or even what is expected of them? You already know that you won't meet those expectations, and the women who hold those expectations will move on. So??

Quote:
Well, first off, I'm not the only one "arguing" in this thread. Secondly, the issue is not whether or not some women here want to "let" a man pay for them.

The issue is whether or not it should be expected that a man pay. Surely you understand the difference? Maybe you don't.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:43 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,352,368 times
Quote:
Besides, a smart man doesn't ask a woman out for dinner before attraction is established. Coffee? Sure. Hiking? Maybe. Dinner? That's for guys who can't attract without tacitly promising her a "lifestyle improvement."
This is what you are referring to?

I know how to read, and I especially love this part: "That's for guys who can't attract without tacitly promising her a "lifestyle improvement."

What are you trying to say? That a woman cannot afford to go out for dinner unless a man picks up the tab? That if a man takes a woman out for dinner it is a "lifestyle improvement" for her? What was she starving, poor little her, couldn't afford to go to a restaurant, waiting for her Knight in Shining Armor (an unattractive one, though, or he would have taken her to coffee or hiking, cheaper alternatives, at least at first), to come along and promise her wealth and riches in the form of appetizer, dinner and dessert?

Wake up, buddy, women go out to dinner all the time with no man around to foot the bill.

Next time you see a pack of women out with no man in sight, be sure to ask them to what or who they owe their "lifestyle improvement". See what they have to say about their dismal lives before and after they had the once in a lifetime opportunity to go out to dinner.

You've stated your opinion. You happen to be in the minority. We don't agree with you. But go ahead and continue to argue it (and do it in an insulting way, that makes you look like a bigger man).

As far as I am concerned, only a cheap bastard would invite someone out to dinner and ask his date to pay. If you cannot afford to pay, don't ask someone out. Or take her to McDonalds. Whether the date offers to pay anything is irrelevant. You invite, you be prepared to pay.

And yes, you're a man, and there may be a double standard when it comes to paying for dinner. Yes, it may be unequal. Oh, well. That's life. We all have our cross to bear.

Tell me how I can get carrying a baby to full term, labor and delivery to be a little more equitable, please, I'd love to know. I'm a woman, it's not fair... waaaaahhhhhhh....

If you ever get past the dating stage, and move on to marriage and children, you will find that children will easily suck every available penny right out of your wallet and bank account and you will be dreaming of the days when all you had to worry about was how you were going to be splitting up a $65 dinner. You'll be lucky when you get to go to dinner.

Like I said, IF you get past the dating stage.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:48 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,352,368 times
Quote:
For the sake of equality, men should not be obligated to pay women for their time on a date. It's simple really.
You are not paying women for their time on a date.

Otherwise, if you went on a date with a lawyer, you wouldn't be paying the bill.

She'd pay for it, then hand you an invoice for $250 per hour, plus the cost of the meal.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:33 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,687,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
She'd pay for it, then hand you an invoice for $250 per hour, plus the cost of the meal.
Mommy, when I go to court, I don't just charge for the time spent in the courtroom, but also for the time spent reviewing the case to prepare, any phonecalls I have to make, travel to and from the courthouse, and, if necessary, the time spent documenting after the fact. So the same rules would have to apply to these dates -- $250 for the time spent on the date itself PLUS preparation time, the time spent reviewing the candidacy of the date, etc. Wow, it would be a billing bonanza for us litigatrixes, if men really paid for our "time" on a date!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships