Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

a good dinner in a good place--- i pick the place. yes i pay. wine, no. a drink with dinner yes, 1 drink. dessert you betcha. if she pushes for more--- she is no lady and nobody i wana date.
you did say its a 1st date right? #1 thing i am looking for at this point is manners.
this is the #1 deal breaker. they dont get it, its not about money. not at all. women always get this part wrong they think there is a dog sitting at the end of a table waiting for a piece of meat that is the womans focus. it never occurs to them that there is my invisible mama sitting at the end of the table with me watching her manners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 11:43 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
a good dinner in a good place--- i pick the place. yes i pay. wine, no. a drink with dinner yes, 1 drink.
Just out of curiosity, how exactly do you handle the purchase of a 2nd glass of wine...?! Oops, wine for some reason was listed as evil. OK, let's say a 2nd drink.

As far as Mama watching... I've no doubts! Even though I appreciate loving and respecting mothers, for somebody your age (or any age over about 10 for that matter), Huck, to call your mother "mommy" on numerous occasions is a bit odd, I'd say.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:00 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Just out of curiosity, how exactly do you handle the purchase of a 2nd glass of wine...?! Oops, wine for some reason was listed as evil. OK, let's say a 2nd drink.

As far as Mama watching... I've no doubts! Even though I appreciate loving and respecting mothers, for somebody your age (or any age over about 10 for that matter), Huck, to call your mother "mommy" on numerous occasions is a bit odd, I'd say.
well probably mama and me are both going to be wondering why this gal needs multiple drinks to relax and have a good time.
and why she is not content with the hospitality already offered.
they will probably be wondering how many drinks she usually has with dinner when we are not there. we will probably be checking out other stuff too.
like how come the busboy keeps leaning over her plate and whispering are you coming over tonight?

Old 01-09-2009, 12:13 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,870 times
Many, many times I have offered to go dutch and pay for my share of the meal. This is what I hear "No, I can't do that. I wouldn't feel like a man if you paid."

Well alrighty then. At least I offered. I won't be invited out to dinner then be expected to pay. The same way I won't call up someone to invite them out and make them pay as I have seen some friends do.

I sure don't envy men at all, seems like a lot of pressure at times.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
well probably mama and me are both going to be wondering why this gal needs multiple drinks to relax and have a good time.
and why she is not content with the hospitality already offered.
they will probably be wondering how many drinks she usually has with dinner when we are not there. we will probably be checking out other stuff too.
like how come the busboy keeps leaning over her plate and whispering are you coming over tonight?
The judging part was clear to me the first time through. I was asking about the technicalities. How's the 2nd drink incorporated into paying the bill? Who pays for it? Or do you now "allow" her to have it? Or does she order it only after "agreement" has been made she's responsible for it? Of course, most of the time my questions will likely be totally irrelevant because I for one would walk out at the very start of such a discussion...

Old 01-09-2009, 08:54 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Crack open your wallet baby.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Crack open your wallet baby.
Oh, I've no problem with that - I'll just have my 2nd drink to go!

Old 01-09-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post

I sure don't envy men at all, seems like a lot of pressure at times.
It is. That's pretty much why I stopped dating. Started to seem like a job to me and a boring and tireless one at that. I'm not going to do all the work. If I've got to ask you out, make all the arrangements, take you out, pay and then be the one responsible for calling again, forget it.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
If I've got to ask you out, make all the arrangements, take you out, pay and then be the one responsible for calling again, forget it.
That's exactly what respectable and self-respecting men do. Sometimes I wonder how representative of the group many of the men on this forum are because in real life I haven't encountered even one with such attitudes - never! Or are they typing their wishful thinking...?!

Old 01-09-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
That's exactly what respectable and self-respecting men do. Sometimes I wonder how representative of the group many of the men on this forum are because in real life I haven't encountered even one with such attitudes - never! Or are they typing their wishful thinking...?!
I'm just not being responsible for relationships 100%. If there is nothing equitable about it, I'm not doing it anymore. I wasn't put here to be a dining and entertainment director for women.

I've paid for more than my share of dinners and nights out and you'd be amazed how many don't even have the decency to say thank you or send a note or call and say thank you. And then have the audacity for them to come back at me why I didn't call them again. Psychos! I don't need that crap anymore thank you very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships