Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 03:57 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,115,669 times

Advertisements

CountryLovin,
Sounds like you are starting to get your feet under you. Keep it up. From what I can figure from your posts, you were trying to do what was best for you and all your children, and yes, most women will try to take care of a younger child before the older children because the younger is the most helpless.
By the way, If the counselor sounds at all like some of the posters, find a new one immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 04:49 AM

190 posts, read 542,791 times
Hi, this is real awkward for me and really dont know why i am writing this except that i have noone else i can tell. In 2004 I left my husband of 10 yrs. This man loved me to the moon and back, i loved his entire family and they loved me. we had a beautiful home, went on vacation several times a yr, well u get the pic. after 10 yrs, things kind of fell in a rut, one thing led to another and lets just say I ended up leaving him and in a really crappy way. Right after i was on my own i met someone and thinking i was all that, starting dating him. my husband had still been begging me to come home, that he would do anything, anything at all (sell the house move quit his job) if i would come home. he had lost so much weight and I felt so bad but i was a cocky b**ch and walked away from him. I wish i has know that he would have taken me back for up to 3 yrs after i left but i waited just a little too long to realize how empty my life had become without him in it. I am with someone now, but still have never felt more alone in my life and every singleday several times i day i think of him. Last summer he actually showed up to the new town i had moved to at my job, and i wanted to go talk to him so bad and couldnt work up the nerve. My mother says I should never give up trying to get back with him, but after He turned me down, well once was enough for me. I just feel like I ruined my whole life and for what? I just dont know. I just want to tell anyone thinking of leaving someone...Make absolutely sure that is what you really really want because you may end up regretting it the rest of your life.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:42 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,028 times
CountryLovinWoman, I give you credit for taking the reins and trying to get you and your children's lives back on a solid & happy road. As scared & unsure as you are now, I bet there will be a post from you in the future, stating it was the best move you made. We are rooting for you.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:59 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
CLW- Good luck to you. Stay strong.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:45 PM

591 posts, read 1,415,336 times
Thank you all so much. Anix..I am so sorry for you. If I were you I'd swallow that pride and go for it what do you have to lose? I am here if you need to talk. I know my life is a mess but sometimes having someone to talk to that knows what you are going through helps.
I am going to go to my mom's for the week-end. Her and I don't really have a close relationship but my sister that lives there is going to my mom's too and I really miss her. We are going to have a dinner and drink some Margarita's. I'm not a drinker so I will probably get me some wine or something. It's just going to be us girls. It's a 4 hour drive from here. The kids all have plans this week-end so I wanted to get out. I'm looking forward to it. So I will see you all monday and tell ya all how it went..Hope everyone has a good week-end.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:10 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
CLW, good luck, hon. People make mistakes all the time, it's fixing them that matters. Just ignore the people who negatvely comment and feel their sh*t don't stink. I'm sure they make mistakes in their lives, too.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:20 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
[quote=CESpeed;6809031] You are right. I don't know you. All I can go by is what you post. You posted "he does nothing with them" while "he's a good father to HIS child." what am I suppose to think? That while you are complaining about how miserable he makes you, that this part was simply an exaggeration? I've worked with abused children and families. I've met mothers who didn't realize the damage they were doing to their children because they were caught up in their own world.

If it's all the same to you, I prefer to err on the side of caution and I'll always take the side of an innocent child than a self-absorbed parent. You talked to your kids, GREAT, you should have. The fact that you felt that you needed to talk to them tells me that there was a real possibility that I was right. You weren't sure. But now you are. You're welcome. Good Luck with your new life. [/quote]

I think you missed this part. I'm glad you are taking action to protect yourself and your children from this person. Again, Best Wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships