Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 05:01 PM

56 posts, read 140,395 times

Advertisements

Look depending on his age, I don't blame her. Women want men who have their stuff together. Living with mommy is a sign that he doesn't. (even if he does) It's comforting knowing you don't have to deal with sleep over issues and having his mommy doing his laundry and cooking for him. You shouldn't dislike your friend for not wanting those issues from a potential mate lol.

If he's fresh out of college and not close to 30 then it's not that big of a deal, as long as her ambitions don't include being completely serious with a man yet. But maybe she wants to try dating someone who is a little older than her if that's what she wants.

My chick best friend is dating someone who is almost 30 and he lives in his sisters downstairs. He works but i think he's a loser. There are other factors like he doesn't take care of his daughter when she's visiting. He doesn't pay for anything at all and makes my friend pay for his gambling and etc. If you are an adult you should not be living with your parents by choice! Save money.... GET A ROOMMATE OR TWO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 06:24 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
In America it is...in Brazil it's not and other places it's the norm to live with your family until you actually marry...We are used to this whole making it on our own thing, but as the economy has turned bad I personally have met more people who have to live back at home now. Are we bad people?...Well I guess that depends what social class you're coming from
It's amazing how our country is so different from the rest of the world in terms of dating, relationships, and lifestyles. A lot of times, it frustrates me in our way of thinking. We wonder why divorce rates are sky high, people make crappy decisions, and families are rather dysfunctional and it just pays to be single these days.

Are Europeans the same way in terms of living at home until marriage?

Old 05-15-2010, 12:39 PM

491 posts, read 748,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
A man living with his mom -- not a good sign.
A person making assumptions without evidence not a good sign.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:30 PM

90 posts, read 182,724 times
I think it really depends on how old he is...If he is in his forties and living with mom to save money, ehhh.. I don't think so. I think under 30 is acceptable. Then again, I'm a nice girl.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:54 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,294,923 times
I don't see any real problem with an adult guy living with his mother to help stablize his situation. I don't even think I see a problem with his living there to keep her company or help out.

But if he shows signs of staying there just because he's cheap (and this can be a BIG warning sign), can't keep or job or shows signs of instability, or likes to be "taken care of" by his mama (truly a mama's boy), or if there's visible signs of too much "ownership" from his mother, then a woman with brains needs to run like a bad outa' Hell.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:11 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,564,348 times
I tell women I live with my mother all the time & that I have 6 kids from 4 women. I have not lived with my parents sinse I was 19 & Im 30 now. Where I live is the stupidest thing to judge me one. So I give her worst case senario. If she is still interested. I try my best to show her a good time.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:33 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,564,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
I'd say Mr. Right needs to grow up. If he's able bodied and in his mid-late 20s there's no reason to live with his mom. Obviously he has some issues. Even if you're only making minimum wage you can find a cheap place. I did when I was 23 and couldn't imagine living with mom/dad much past that age.
Can you define what a real grown up man is for us?

Old 05-15-2010, 11:47 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,143 times
dont see the issue... just move him in with you if the time is right problem solved

Old 05-17-2010, 01:32 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWestCoast View Post
Look depending on his age, I don't blame her. Women want men who have their stuff together. Living with mommy is a sign that he doesn't. (even if he does) It's comforting knowing you don't have to deal with sleep over issues and having his mommy doing his laundry and cooking for him. You shouldn't dislike your friend for not wanting those issues from a potential mate lol.

If he's fresh out of college and not close to 30 then it's not that big of a deal, as long as her ambitions don't include being completely serious with a man yet. But maybe she wants to try dating someone who is a little older than her if that's what she wants.

My chick best friend is dating someone who is almost 30 and he lives in his sisters downstairs. He works but i think he's a loser. There are other factors like he doesn't take care of his daughter when she's visiting. He doesn't pay for anything at all and makes my friend pay for his gambling and etc. If you are an adult you should not be living with your parents by choice! Save money.... GET A ROOMMATE OR TWO!
If my financial situation was so bad I had to live with someone, it would either have to be my parents or my aunt and uncle.

The only people I have known long enough that the trust i have in them is deserved.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:17 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,272,736 times
It is interesting that a long time ago living with your family was seen as the thing to do in America and still is in many other countries but now we are all for getting away from our family. Who cares if you live with your parents or with room mates or on your own? Why are we judging people on something so unimportant as where someone lives. No wonder so many people are single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships