Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 09:24 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus0123 View Post
These women are jealous of machines and anything that can give a man joy. It's the same reason why so many guys' wives make them give up their Harleys.

Yep, they really are, especially those who said that a guy playing them is immature. They're probably feel inferior because they don't know how to use machines and would put a man down for enjoying them. Poor them. Yeah right.

I play video games, my sister does, her boyfriend, and my boyfriend plays video games. Happy ever after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 07:35 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Yep, they really are, especially those who said that a guy playing them is immature. They're probably feel inferior because they don't know how to use machines and would put a man down for enjoying them. Poor them. Yeah right.

I play video games, my sister does, her boyfriend, and my boyfriend plays video games. Happy ever after.
I love when my bf tries to teach me how to play. It's an inexpensive fun way for us to spend time together. We get pretty silly and 9 times out of 10 we abandon the game to play with other things

Old 09-08-2009, 02:16 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
Strong username posting in a thread like this
Not sure what that means. I've always been hard to classify...I'm part nerd, part jock, part family man and part bad ass on occasion...kinda depends what I'm doing.
I know people that play these games too much and it can be a problem for them physically, socially etc. All things in moderation.

Same thing can be said for people that watch sports, play golf, garden, antique or get overly involved in other activities.

Me personally, if I met a woman that didn't like my playing games then that would be her choice...not saying I'm right or she is wrong....and we'd just part ways as we'd just have different opinions.

I think most of us here agree that excessive video game playing is bad.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,065 times
Hey Mr.Mgto4, you totally contradicted yourself. You said you play 1 to 3 hours 5 times a week, but you don't neglect your fiancé. Think reality. Average 8 hour work day, come home, maybe she's home from her job, maybe not. Cook dinner, eat dinner, dishes. "Then" you start your 1 to 3 hours of childish addiction, I mean, video games. Exactly, where does the quality time come in to play here, especially when you said she doesnt enjoy it like you do. Maybe she is one of these insecure types that is just happy to have a boyfriend that has a heart beat, and isnt out at the clubs messing around, and your too wrapped up in reminescing in your childhood to notice. Oh thats right, you are out at the bar's. You said so. Sounds like your in a world of illusion and denial. And this world that you and I live in, for your ininformation, is at it's all time high divorce rate. You might want to lay down the joystick and save what you might unconsciously be ruining. Oh, and grow up!

Old 08-28-2011, 06:17 AM

422 posts, read 757,083 times
I don't see what the big deal is....ok hell I know for sure that my wife doesn't care because

A. I got a job
B. I take care of us
C. I don't tell her anything about her hobbies
D. It ain't harming no one

And...my wife plays more video games than me shes in her thirties and I'm .....not saying lol

anyways...I own about 300 video games on all 3 systems and 2 PC's....playing video games
is no different than you gals sitting down and watching all night of television ....tell me what the
difference is? People probably get more enjoyment/satisfaction from playing video games than
watching TV atleast you can interact with the game.

The only women/friends/relatives that have ever had a problem with any of my friends that play video games are the type of females that have no hobbies/ no other interests/ and just want their SO to give them 100% attention really I think it's truly pathetic, fill up your time with other things like he does and you will be off a lot better.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:27 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,660 times
An Ex once commented on how I had matured because I barely game anymore. I just nodded in agreement, but the truth is there's hasn't been any classic FPS worth playing in the last couple of years. Come February next month, I'll be sure to relapse with utmost enthusiasm when Counter Strike: Global offensive releases.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:36 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyo76 View Post
And this world that you and I live in, for your ininformation, is at it's all time high divorce rate.
What's "ininformation" mean?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question. I've spent too much time playing video games. As you can imagine, my brain is decayed to the core.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:18 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,449 times
On one hand, some women are annoyed at how fanboyish some men can be about their video games (I.e. Playing hours upon hours, obsessing on fansites or cheat sites), but on the other hand, I think it's kind of a stupid thing to get so upset if their man likes video games and isn't a fanboy about it.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:21 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus0123 View Post
So he's supposed to give up on a hobby that he enjoys so you can nag and boss him around?
This.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:39 AM

422 posts, read 757,083 times
Seriously this is like the 100th thread on this subject and it's always the same thing...

girl posts because her boyfriend/husband isn't paying attention to her boo hoo. Playing video games

is a hobby,

hobby defined: an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation.

Pleasure and relaxation, if you were to describe how I feel when I play games that would be it...
by no means am I immature.

I hold a Masters in Education and I am a non-commissioned officer in the military and believe me
playing video games as an adult does not make a man/woman immature it means they like to play video games simple as that.

The problem is that maybe your man/boyfriend is the one that is immature. Men and women of all ages create video games and "gasp" they play them also. What you think that children make video games. I hate it when I see posts about video games=immaturity. I think that's immature.
If these little things in life bother you women then wait till @#$# hits the fan then what you gonna do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships