Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 10:52 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Maybe I should change my name to Brucie and talk about the Food Network next time I come across a Guy I never met before-lol
Why not? You might have better luck in the relationship department.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 10:54 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
Quote:
Because that is how most men connect. That is how I got to know the men who work in my neigborhood stores who are security guards, and cashiers. What else are we going to talk about?? World News???-lol
You truly do live in your own little universe.

So basically without sports, you have absolutely nothing else to talk about with another man or subject to connect you? Sounds like the same can be said about TV and attempting to connect with women?

You seem to understand so little about how to socialize with people that I'm starting to feel very badly for you. I can only say there is a whole planet of people out there with millions of different personalities and interests and you're limited way of thinking is going to prevent you from connecting to most.

Have you ever considered seeing a therapist or counselor? I think you could really benefit from speaking to someone about all these social issues that plague you. I'm not making a joke, you appear to have severe social ineptitudes.

Give it some thought. Couldn't hurt.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:01 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
You truly do live in your own little universe.

So basically without sports, you have absolutely nothing else to talk about with another man or subject to connect you? Sounds like the same can be said about TV and attempting to connect with women?

You seem to understand so little about how to socialize with people that I'm starting to feel very badly for you. I can only say there is a whole planet of people out there with millions of different personalities and interests and you're limited way of thinking is going to prevent you from connecting to most.

Have you ever considered seeing a therapist or counselor? I think you could really benefit from speaking to someone about all these social issues that plague you. I'm not making a joke, you appear to have severe social ineptitudes.

Give it some thought. Couldn't hurt.
I didn't say that's all we talk about, of course we talk about more things now that we know each other like News, Unemployment, women, or Business. I'm just saying that for me Sports is the starting point.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:05 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Why not? You might have better luck in the relationship department.
EDIT: Oops, I quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote the same one this quoted.

I don't know a darn thing about cooking. But as a single guy, don't you think I should learn? So I watch Alton Brown religiously. His show, Good Eats, is pretty interesting, as he gives a lot of factual background information and talks about the history of food. He's even a bit of a science geek.

Hey, did you know that the powdered substance you think of as cinnamon is not "true" cinnamon, but comes from the cassia tree?

Anyway, I like watching shows ABOUT food. Food Detectives was pretty good, How'd that Get on my Plate is another good one, Unwrapped is an interesting show. If you frequently watch them, they start getting repetitive, but if there's a new one out, I usually record them to watch later.

I also like Discovery, Discovery Science, History Channel and History International. The National Geographic channel sometimes has interesting shows, last month (or maybe the month before) they had a show about Peter the Great, once czar of Russia...and all the advances he brought to that country--as well as some of his less palatable decisions.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I didn't say that's all we talk about, of course we talk about more things now that we know each other like News, Unemployment, women, or Business. I'm just saying that for me Sports is the starting point.
I think you backpeddle when people challenge your thinking.

You should still consider speaking with a professional. Sadly, ALL of your threads point to something not being right. Nearly 80% of your threads are you venting about other people. Have you ever considered that the same factor that seems to pop in in all these situations just may be you.

Again, just something to think about.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I think you backpeddle when people challenge your thinking.

You should still consider speaking with a professional. Sadly, ALL of your threads point to something not being right. Nearly 80% of your threads are you venting about other people. Have you ever considered that the same factor that seems to pop in in all these situations just may be you.

What I really need is a sexy women with pretty feet to massage my back with her feet. How does your feet look?

Old 09-06-2009, 11:10 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Have you ever considered that the same factor that seems to pop in in all these situations just may be you.

Redundant post.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
What I really need is a sexy women with pretty feet to massage my back with her feet. How does your feet look?
*sigh* Avoidance.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:14 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
They're feet. That's what my ex-girlfriend would tell you. Foot fetishists would be one of her turnoffs.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
They're feet. That's what my ex-girlfriend would tell you. Foot fetishists would be one of her turnoffs.
Women are only into things that they beneft from so that's why most are not into fetishes. They tend to be into Oral because it's something they can enjoy but I'm sure if a guy wasn't until oral they would be looking to leave him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships