Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 04:47 PM

530 posts, read 780,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
*jumps down off high horse....whoa Silver...whoa*

I'll be the first to say looks do come into play for me. I mean, who wants to be with someone whom they are not physically attacted to? Do they have to look like movie star with a perfect body, teeth, etc.? No

*gets back on high horse and rides off into sunset*
Tried to rep you of course I couldn't ! Cute

Old 01-23-2010, 10:59 PM

146 posts, read 371,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
If you read these threads and other outlets, women constantly claim looks are not as important as personality, they care about the total person and not just the physical package, blah blah.

That is such a load of BULL! In my experiences women are looks obsessed. As a young man, I was very similiar in appearance to my younger brother. Same height, hair color, similar facial features. The main difference was that he was muscular and a body builder type and I had a slender build. Guess who got all the female attention? And he didn't have a great personality. He was just as dull as I was! All the women fixated on were his big muscles.

My girlfriend is a nurse and works in an old folks home. She's worked in these places for 20 years and she says the old men are ignored by the old women. The old gals fall all over themselves flirting with the "young" 40 and 50 year old staff members and visitors. The poor old men just want some attention and affection and can't get any.

I work at a community center/health facility. The older females here, usually in their 40's and 50's, make fools of themselves propositioning and flirting with the young studs that frequent the place. They won't have anything to do with the perfectly decent middle age guys that come here. Meanwhile, the young guys are laughing at these women behind their backs. I know because they ridicule these gals to me.

Women, I think it's fine to be attracted to a great face and body. We men are the same way. Just get off your high horses and admit it.
Hey there. I can understand where your coming from. Quite often a lot of women do hold back and not admit what they really want in a guy but will try to show it through other means of communication. I think the reasons for this is because the women who don't admit what they like are ashamed to as they have a fear of being Judged as "slutty". To men it is annoying but those kind of women are just trying to protect their reputation. I mean you must admit, the women out there who do admit that kind of side to them to get labelled as slutty, probably because they say the wrong thing to the wrong person/man at the wrong time or to early in the potential relationship and may actually have more a negative affect on women.

I will admit that physical looks do play a big role in my choosing of a partner. Yes, i do prefer bigger buys with a nice sexy back and toned muscle arms. That is my preference but i will not reject a guy if he didn't have these traits. It only feels natural for me to get attracted to men who appear masculine and intimidating. To me its sexy. And it also provides emotional and physical security. See, women are always being approached by men more so than men are approached by women, and it can get overbearing for women. So i look for a man who i believe may be some what intimidating to other men so that those other men do not approach me. If they do, then the man in my life should do something. Because he would he big and muscly he would have the confidence to protect the women in his life. Sure, slim guys would try to do the same but the outcome would not be the same as the big guy.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
*jumps down off high horse....whoa Silver...whoa*

I'll be the first to say looks do come into play for me. I mean, who wants to be with someone whom they are not physically attacted to? Do they have to look like movie star with a perfect body, teeth, etc.? No

*gets back on high horse and rides off into sunset*
Aahahaha...too funny tried to rep you.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:04 PM

146 posts, read 371,284 times
And older women go for younger men to help their self confidence. That, and a lot of older women admit to enjoying the thrill of knowing they can pick up men so much younger than them. Mainly has to do with sex, both older women and younger men have sex just for the sake of having sex because they are both looking for the same thing. SEX.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Sorry Chuckles, I have some criteria on who makes the list. What is the significance of the 4th for you? Is that your "special" day each year?
That's the day he becomes a man. Take it slow dear..

Old 01-23-2010, 11:58 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NF5XU-k2Vk

Old 01-24-2010, 11:23 AM

3,378 posts, read 5,010,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Heh heh, nice song!

Old 01-24-2010, 11:52 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times
I think what the OP is trying to say is that men often times get blamed with just wanting a woman for her looks, when there are MANY men with women who are not drop dead gorgeous.

Society tries to make it seem as if women are better than men by making women seem like looks do not matter, when they do to a large extent to them as if women are so much more better than men because they value personality over looks, which is not always the case.

Yeah us guys like breasts but to many of us, that's not the deciding factor. Many men won't get with a woman just because she is gorgeous if she has a bad personality.

Both men and women usually like the total package that includes looks.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:35 PM

190 posts, read 493,232 times
Quote:
If you read these threads and other outlets, women constantly claim looks are not as important as personality, they care about the total person and not just the physical package, blah blah.

That is such a load of BULL! In my experiences women are looks obsessed. As a young man, I was very similiar in appearance to my younger brother. Same height, hair color, similar facial features. The main difference was that he was muscular and a body builder type and I had a slender build. Guess who got all the female attention? And he didn't have a great personality. He was just as dull as I was! All the women fixated on were his big muscles.

My girlfriend is a nurse and works in an old folks home. She's worked in these places for 20 years and she says the old men are ignored by the old women. The old gals fall all over themselves flirting with the "young" 40 and 50 year old staff members and visitors. The poor old men just want some attention and affection and can't get any.

I work at a community center/health facility. The older females here, usually in their 40's and 50's, make fools of themselves propositioning and flirting with the young studs that frequent the place. They won't have anything to do with the perfectly decent middle age guys that come here. Meanwhile, the young guys are laughing at these women behind their backs. I know because they ridicule these gals to me.

Women, I think it's fine to be attracted to a great face and body. We men are the same way. Just get off your high horses and admit it.
I think women define personality differently than men do. You have a "good personality" if you are distinguishable from other men. Also, the mass media, including movies, defines "in-males" narrowly, usually by career. This is why rich men, firefighters, policemen, pilots, etc. are getting it. Having a big truck and a big boat help too--unless you find an englightened hippie chick--but she might hate men. The key is to market yourself as a defined product, given the choices you have. Years ago, I used to fib in my personal ads. My parents lived in a nice part of town. I would list that area as where I lived on profile--and guess what? It made a huge difference. Also, my brother had to beat the women off with a stick when he was the marketing VP for a restaurant chain. He drove a corporate wrapped, new SUV. He also had the extra cash to buy women expensive dinners. He had so many women that he kept stats on what they would do to him. He also lived in Atlanta, which gave him a huge dating pool. I don't necessarily condone this behavior. Later, my brother sold his stuff and went back to school for a PhD. He's in his final year, and living in a smaller town. He took a huge cut in activity.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:44 PM

17 posts, read 51,345 times
Quote:

Hey easy tiger!!! Not all women are like this. Sure everyone can appreciate a cutie in the room.. Girls included..

I worked in LA for a while, working on the sets. All different types of people everday.. I loved watching guys and how they operated.. They would size up the girls and give attention to the most attractive and some times to the ones they thought were the easiest... THIS IS SO TRUE!!! I saw this on a daily basis, especially when the dress attire was more provocative....

Its human nature I guess.. Maybe girls are getting more confident in them selves and they feel like "We can do that too!"... But why should the guys laugh at them... They are sooooooo guilty of it too! Sucks when the shoes on the other foot!!

Just sit back and watch... and let the ladies have a turn!!!!!

Anyways....It makes for great people watching...

For me, Sure a good looking rugged guy is nice to look at!!! Oh my!!!
But I am way to shy to talk to them. I like talking to the guy with great personality that can keep me laughing and feeling comfortable with.
I guess the no potential guys.. Safe guys...

Beauty is only skin deep!!!!! Ugly to the bone!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships