Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 09:03 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,184,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
One time...a looonngggg time ago.
I didn`t even ask him his name. I didn`t care!
Once, also for me-- many, many years ago.....at about 17 I was a little wild. Thank God I grew up LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 04:00 AM

13,637 posts, read 10,040,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Back in the late 60's and early 70's I was young and played in bands for a living and this was the period in my life when I was the most active sexually. Things were very different in those days which was before the spread of AIDS and people my age tended to be very sexually active and it was perfectly acceptable among everyone I knew at the time. There was an active music and bar scene where I lived and it seemed like every night was a party.
There were a number of times that I would be out partying with my friends and then meet a young woman at the bar and then find myself either headed to my place or hers at the end of the evening. There were also a number of times when I woke up in unfamiliar surroundings the next morning and there would be a woman who I didn't know sleeping beside me. I remember one morning when I was in this situation and we both had to introduce ourselves after we woke up. I didn't have a clue who she was and she also didn't remember me. Today many people would find that kind of lifestyle to be sleazy to say the least but in all honesty those were the best days of my life. I really miss the 60's and have fond memories of those years. Has anyone else woken up with a total stranger?
I've never had a wild night on the town.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:37 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,749,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I've never had a wild night on the town.
That's what I was going to say. I've never had any desire to drink, get drunk, go to clubs or bars, wild concerts (or any concerts), etc. It's just something that has never, ever appealed to me, so naturally I've never woken up to a complete stranger, or even in an unfamiliar place, for that matter.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:16 PM

221 posts, read 598,438 times
No. Just my boss.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:28 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,893 times
I knew their names... Just did not remember anymore on the morning . No sex, alcohol or drugs involved.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:26 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,398,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Man this thread makes me feel old. I haven't even hit menopause yet, but I remember when:

Venereal diseases could be cured with a shot of penicillin

Crack was not invented, and meth wasn't either

You could hitchhike unmolested around the country--women too (and I did)

Everyone in this country weighed an average of 30 lbs. less than they do now

Soda and candy were an occasional treat

No Wal-mart, and McDonalds just taking off

Real downtowns, not these strip-mall after strip-mall nightmares

No internet, cellphones, CDs, DVDs, and pinball was big--and VCRs came out when I was in college--if you wanted to see a movie again you had to wait til summer and hope the theatres would show it again

I'm sure I could think of a few more but going to bed.
This was such a nice post. It brought back many memories of what things were like during the heydays of the late 70's/early 80's. What times those were.

Having served overseas in the Navy, I myself am culpable of some crazy ass shiet similar to the OP's experience.

I recall arriving at this particular port town for the very first time and going bar hoping with a seasoned shipmate. Because it was his 3rd visit there, he knew exactly which bars to hit and which to stay out of. We got obscenely drunk and somehow lost each other. A town decree mandated that all U.S. Sailors be off the streets by midnight. Still to this day, I don't know how, but the next morning I was pleasurably awakened by some woman in some house. There was I, enjoying the moment, when I suddenly realized that I had to report for duty in one half hour. Without even saying thank you I let out a big "oh shiet," ripped the chick off of me, and ran all the way to the ship like a bastard. I arrived just in time.

Last edited by chacho_keva; 10-29-2011 at 01:35 PM..

Old 12-01-2017, 01:17 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,924,520 times
Default yes and no

I didn't always get their name straight, but I can't say that I've ever woken up with a complete stranger, someone whom I did not recognize. (I am not a heavy drinker.) Yes, it was a fun time.

Old 12-01-2017, 02:10 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Never. I'm cognizant with my dip stick.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:17 AM

20,767 posts, read 19,988,136 times
I partied wild in my youth but had a bf. At the end of the night we found each other somehow and went home together. I think that was pre-cell phones or when it just started and I was too poor to have one (but enough money for beer!).

Old 12-01-2017, 09:56 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
Nope and never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships