Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 04:47 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times

Advertisements

One time...a looonngggg time ago.
I didn`t even ask him his name. I didn`t care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 05:22 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,756,315 times
Back in 2007, I took a week-long trip out West. On one leg of the trip, I ended up in Las Vegas, but when I was there, I decided to take a drive a bit further up I-15 to see what was there, and also to "touch" Utah since I'd never been there before. Driving through the Virgin River Gorge was awesome, and I stopped at several points in the gorge to take pictures.

Anyway, by the time I got to St. George, it was getting late, and I was getting hungry, so I stopped at a restaurant. Apparently I got there just in time because they locked the door behind me. I was the only customer there, and the waitress I had was a 19-year-old girl who started making conversation with me when she found out that I was traveling, and noticed that I was alone.

She was in college, majoring in Political Science and minoring in History, so we ended up talking a lot about each subject. Apparently she agreed with me on a lot of things too. I could sort of tell because she kept nodding her head with a big smile of amazement on her face, but she affirmed it when she told me that I was the only guy she'd ever met who understood politics and history.

As I finished up my dinner, I gave her a $100 bill and told her to keep the change, but to my surprise, she told me to save some of it to buy her dessert somewhere after we were both ready to leave. She also told me that I was "divine intervention" because her car was in the shop, and the cook who picked her up on the way to work lived on the other side of town from her.

After she told the cook that she had a ride home, we left and picked up some ice cream at a local stand. We sat there for a couple of hours talking, and only left when the stand dimmed the lights when it closed. I also took her for a ride up I-15 while she fumbled through the CDs I burned for the trip. She seemed to be impressed by my musical knowledge too, and told me that I amazed her, and that I was "like a vault of information."

When we got back to her apartment, she asked me to walk her to her door, and when we got to her door, she asked me how long I was staying in Las Vegas. When I told her that I had a room booked for the next two nights, she gave me a sly smile and said, "Come in for a while."

We talked some more and watched TV for a bit. I was feeling a bit tired, but surprisingly, she seemed wide awake. She told me that she needed to take a shower and change, but shortly after she got out of the shower, her phone rang, and I overheard part of her conversation:
"So I'm about to do something that I've never done before and never thought I could bring myself to do, but this guy is very handsome, and he has the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen, and he just amazes me with his knowledge! He's super-, super-intelligent! This is the first time a man has ever turned me on just by talking to me. I know it probably sounds crazy, and you never thought I'd do something like this, but he just made this good girl turn bad, and he doesn't even realize it yet. He definitely will once I hang up the phone, though!"

I'll leave the rest to your imaginations, but I ended up with a phone number and an e-mail address, and didn't get back to Las Vegas until late the following afternoon. It's ironic how the highlight of my trip was in St. George, UT instead of Las Vegas.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:39 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,108,146 times
No. But one night back in college I went out drinking and woke up the next morning on a fire escape landing in an apartment complex across the street from IU's Memorial Stadium.

I did not go to school in Bloomington.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:40 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Did we have an awesome good time hon?
Well I had a blast, the parts I can remember anyway, but I will never do that again!

Old 10-19-2011, 05:54 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Been out partying, have been pretty lit at times, but never enough where I didn't know who I was waking up with. But, there were a couple times I regretted it because she just didn't look the same in the morning light with I being more sober than she did the night before.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:17 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,432,440 times
I wish;

Old 10-19-2011, 07:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I'll leave the rest to your imaginations, but I ended up with a phone number and an e-mail address, and didn't get back to Las Vegas until late the following afternoon. It's ironic how the highlight of my trip was in St. George, UT instead of Las Vegas.
I love this story!

I don't know about complete strangers... I've known them for a few hours, just like you.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:42 PM

591 posts, read 866,587 times
I was alive then too, and I was in bands too. However, I seemed to have gotten the loonies and c*ckteasers; I even had trouble getting their phone number. In fact, it got so bad (my drought back then) that at one point if a chick had thrown herself at me I'd have suspected an ulterior motive and I've had said no.

Some of us have all the luck.

Last edited by Doctor Blues; 10-19-2011 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 10-19-2011, 09:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Um no. Never did this.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:51 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
One time...a looonngggg time ago.
I didn`t even ask him his name. I didn`t care!
Yankee, 7 months ago is not that long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships