Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:28 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times

Advertisements

Stepka wrote:
Quote:
This is for you Montanaguy:
Hey thanks, I don't look quite as old as some of those guys but I'm getting there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 08:45 AM

600 posts, read 1,609,367 times
Never have and never will. I'm too picky with men. If I do get drunk enough to want to go home with somebody, it's always someone I know, and usually someone I've already been with and never planned on being with again lol.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:54 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Have You Ever Woken Up With A Complete Stranger After A Wild Night On The Town?

Gotta give you a big fat NOOOOOOO on that one!

Old 03-10-2010, 09:03 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Not yet, but if I ever do she better be a woman.
You don't know, you might end up in bed with a ladyboy!
Kathoey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was on the bus one day and saw this gorgeous boy and felt drawn to him and sat by him. We talked and it turns out we knew people in common! The more he talked the more familiar he seemed and simultaneously it hit us--oh, God, that drunken party downtown....the hot guy/chick....ruh roh, awkward... In my defense I was seventeen and foolish at the time. And it's kinda not my fault as this guy was a teenage ringer for Jesse Williams (Brooklyn's Finest). http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...illiams&sz=all

Last edited by Ticatica; 03-10-2010 at 09:28 AM..

Old 03-10-2010, 09:05 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Man this thread makes me feel old. I haven't even hit menopause yet, but I remember when:

Venereal diseases could be cured with a shot of penicillin

Crack was not invented, and meth wasn't either

You could hitchhike unmolested around the country--women too (and I did)

Everyone in this country weighed an average of 30 lbs. less than they do now

Soda and candy were an occasional treat

No Wal-mart, and McDonalds just taking off

Real downtowns, not these strip-mall after strip-mall nightmares

No internet, cellphones, CDs, DVDs, and pinball was big--and VCRs came out when I was in college--if you wanted to see a movie again you had to wait til summer and hope the theatres would show it again

I'm sure I could think of a few more but going to bed.
Man, I was looking forward to all that and by the time I got to adulthood...POOF! It was long gone. And pinball was my LIFE!!!

Old 03-10-2010, 11:49 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
No I never have..Although I would have like to several times

Old 03-10-2010, 11:53 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Good ol' city-data. Same **** as usual I see.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:02 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Bah, I wish I'd lived here a few decades ago!

Darn, no! I usually tend to remember who I meet the night before... Of course, that's pretty much in past tense as well.
So sad, yup, past tense! Too much crap around these days! I miss my teens and early 20s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No, I can hold my liquor.
Yup, me too - either that or I was so ready to have sex, I didn't spend enough time drinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well for those of you not atleast 18 or 19 in 1969, you can't know what the OP means anyway. While many of that generation are still around and living now, many have totally changed their value sets.

If some how you could see cd people of that age in pics of 40 years ago, they would appear a lot different than they do now, not just older.

Back then it really wasn't drinking that we did either.
Nope, not drinking, just loving - and protesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I have never woken up with a stranger in my bed or in an unfamilar place. And I thank God that I have enough sense to stop drinking before I'm drunk enough to ever do that.
Quote:
Man this thread makes me feel old. I haven't even hit menopause yet, but I remember when:

Venereal diseases could be cured with a shot of penicillin

Crack was not invented, and meth wasn't either

You could hitchhike unmolested around the country--women too (and I did)

Everyone in this country weighed an average of 30 lbs. less than they do now

Soda and candy were an occasional treat

No Wal-mart, and McDonalds just taking off

Real downtowns, not these strip-mall after strip-mall nightmares

No internet, cellphones, CDs, DVDs, and pinball was big--and VCRs came out when I was in college--if you wanted to see a movie again you had to wait til summer and hope the theatres would show it again

I'm sure I could think of a few more but going to bed.
You must have started early to not have hit menopause and remember this stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I don't think that alcohol was necessarily a component in this behavior model. I did not drink much and certainly never got so blasted that I did not know what I was doing, or with whom. It was all quite sober and of mutual consent, as I recall.

20yrsinBranson
Yup, didn't need alcohol to believe in free love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Not yet, but if I ever do she better be a woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Good ol' city-data. Same **** as usual I see.
Party pooper!

I remember when.......I didn't sleep much those days - so I never woke up with a stranger. Now, I had my share of sex with guys I didn't know well, but when the next day came, I remembered who he was - and I did not sleep with him - sleep was a waste of time! There was round 2 or something else to do.

There is something special about sex with someone you don't know well and probably won't see again. Gosh, it's been years and years. Those were the days my friend....

Old 03-10-2010, 04:56 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
You must have started early to not have hit menopause and remember this stuff!
It wasn't that long ago. Thinking of all those things makes me realize that 1980 was the pivotal year and I was 20. That was also the year that the gays came out of the closet--en masse. It was almost simultaneous that gays came out of the closet and aids was discovered. It was about that point that the dieticians began to say that it was fat that was causing weight problems and not eating fat would cure the problem--and we all gained weight--about a lb a year, collectively. About that year that a young woman in CA was discovered walking along the side of a highway, in shock, nude, and with her arms cut off. She'd been hitchhiking and a drunk picked her up and raped her and cut her arms off and after I heard that I never hitched again. VCRs came out when I was in college. And it was around 1980 that pacman came out and pinball became a dinosaur.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:06 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
About that year that a young woman in CA was discovered walking along the side of a highway, in shock, nude, and with her arms cut off. She'd been hitchhiking and a drunk picked her up and raped her and cut her arms off and after I heard that I never hitched again. VCRs came out when I was in college. And it was around 1980 that pacman came out and pinball became a dinosaur.
Oh my God. I had to go read about that.

20 years after rapist cut off her arms, Mary Vincent is sketching a new future. - Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service | HighBeam Research - FREE trial

Lawrence Singleton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Singleton was released after serving only eight of his 14 years in prison. He was arrested again in 1997 for murdering a prostitute.

Wikipedia says:
Governor George Deukmejian ordered that Mr. Singleton be placed at San Quentin for the duration of his one-year parole. The outrage at this sentence resulted in legislation which prevents the early release of offenders who have committed a crime in which torture is used: in 1987 Singleton's parole led to passage of California's "Singleton bill," which carries a 25-years-to-life sentence.

So at least that's something.

When I was younger, the big fear was about the "Night Stalker." He was closer to home.

Richard Ramirez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships