Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 06:48 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times

Advertisements

Yes, seems like the rates of mental illness and depression have gone up precipitously also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 03:31 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
People still do wake up next to strangers. I've done it,but I did at least have the names.
I also remember going home with a guy I just met on the street but when I became sober some other guy was next to me.
There is a thrill to it,I will admit. But what's the difference between waking up next to a total stranger and meeting someone you only messaged once off the internet?

Guess I'm the only young person who has done this?

Old 10-11-2011, 01:53 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Had a friend years ago that played in a little country band....they were playing NY's Eve in Kingman AZ.

woke up NY's day, saw a blonde head on the pillow....he looked....no one he knew...so he staggered out to the living room and flopped on the sofa....idly flipping thru some papers on the coffee table.....

One of them was a marriage certificate....and his name was the only one he knew.....he had gone to Las Vegas, gotten married and had NO IDEA who she was....or if they had consumated the marriage......

Old 10-16-2011, 03:39 PM

406 posts, read 770,867 times
so, for those of you who have woken up next to a stranger .... do you honestly miss those days, and it was a great deal of fun, or do you look back on those days and think that you were stupid to have behaved in that manner?

Old 10-16-2011, 03:51 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,007 times
Ok, once. I went from the age of ten to the age of 70 and missed the in between. Early 40s found me livin "la vida loca" and the "vida" was the few decades I missed. Sure I woke up not "with a stranger" I'm sure I knew his name last night????? But. thinking deep down "what the hell?"

OK, my teen years hit at 38 and left by 40, much quicker and safer by my account!

Old 10-16-2011, 03:51 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Wow, things were pretty crazy back then if the vast majority of your friends were that active and approved of this kind of behavior. Judging from what I hear my friends say, nearly all would frown down on someone who was that crazy.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:03 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterclinger View Post
so, for those of you who have woken up next to a stranger .... do you honestly miss those days, and it was a great deal of fun, or do you look back on those days and think that you were stupid to have behaved in that manner?
Every man that's done the nasty when they were younger and not married remembers 'the good old days'

I grew up in NYC during the late 80s and AIDS was big----but not that big.
I spent every just about every weekend at the Limelight in Manhattan.
Not pumping up a number here-----just stating a fact:
I slept with a different woman every weekend. I might have known their name that night, but once the booze and acid wore off I'm sure I forgot it.
Not just me...ALL my 'friends' at that time were doing the same thing.

I'm married now.
Happily I might add. Married 10 years--never once even THOUGHT about cheating on my wife.

That's why I did that stuff wen I was single.

But the memories remain!

LIMELIGHT NYC

Old 10-16-2011, 04:14 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Of course most of us have at some time in our lifes. Even if it once I guess we all have our dirty little secrets. Working in nightclubs though the 90's. OH YEAH!!!

Old 10-16-2011, 04:18 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
A gentlemen never tells.....

Well, in that case, there was this one time.......

Old 10-16-2011, 04:19 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Had a friend years ago that played in a little country band....they were playing NY's Eve in Kingman AZ.

woke up NY's day, saw a blonde head on the pillow....he looked....no one he knew...so he staggered out to the living room and flopped on the sofa....idly flipping thru some papers on the coffee table.....

One of them was a marriage certificate....and his name was the only one he knew.....he had gone to Las Vegas, gotten married and had NO IDEA who she was....or if they had consumated the marriage......
Who did the driving?? That's about 5-6 hours round trip.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships