Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 01:30 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Who cares what a reprobate mind thinks!

There are relatives who are being denied marriages as well. Do you care about them and their rights to love without discrimination? Do you lobby to make certain they face no discrimination in the adoption processes?

Religion is not preventing space exploration and stem cell research is going forth everyday. These are simply communal issues indicative of primitive type people with earthly fixation and desires to control.
Religion IS pushing to have stem cell research stopped, but I don't have any idea where your comments regarding space exploration, adoption, or relatives marrying came from... Certainly not from me or from that video....Do you want to marry your sister or cousin perhaps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Religion IS pushing to have stem cell research stopped, but I don't have any idea where your comments regarding space exploration, adoption, or relatives marrying came from... Certainly not from me or from that video....Do you want to marry your sister or cousin perhaps?
Anything wrong with it? Especially if we do not re-produce?
Will you support our right to love? Aid us in the fight against bigotry and ignorance?

Last edited by gabfest; 01-22-2013 at 01:57 AM.. Reason: punct.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 AM

The topic here is If your not interested in God, then why are you so interested?

Old 01-22-2013, 07:27 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD39 View Post
Christianity is not a myth. Atheists have failed miserably to prove this.
Thankfully atheists realize what the phrase "Burden of proof" actually means even if you do not. There is zero onus on them to prove a negative here. If your claim is that there is a god, that jesus could do magic, or so forth then it is up to you to substantiate those claims. Not on us to prove the negative of them. Especially if it is an unfalsifiable negative.

The problem for Christianity and other religions is that there currently is not a shred of argument, evidence, data or reasoning on offer to lend even a modicum of credence to their very core claims such as the existence of a non human intelligence responsible for the creation and / or subsequent maintenance of our universe.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD39 View Post
Christianity is not a myth. Atheists have failed miserably to prove this.

I think Christianity is a misdirected myth which was never sanction by Christ or God in scripture, only by the Romans. The original followers of Christ became misdirected just a few years after he died and left this earth after his ressurection. The Christian culture that developed after that was man made and satan influenced, but under the powerful illusion that they " Were Gods people;" THAT is the myth, Christianity is NOT the people of God!

They just think they are.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
The topic here is If your not interested in God, then why are you so interested?
Your video stated a huge part of the reason you fain interest here is because of homosexual marriage ( & Blue Laws).
Isn't that what it always goes back to? "I' am mad because all Christians do not embrace homosexuality!" Yet you do very thing that you accuse others of doing.

Why not support all adults to marry any consenting adults?

Why try to pigeon hole? All adults need support to do whatever it is they want to do. And they should not have to deal with any bigotry or ignorance.

(This is not a hypothetical. There are relatives wanting to marry and have faced prosecution.)
If 2 brothers would like to marry for love or financial benefits it's none of our business what goes on in their bedroom. Do you agree?

I do not care for Blue Laws either but my liver sure is grateful.

Last edited by gabfest; 01-22-2013 at 11:32 AM..

Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
Quote:

You know your interested in God Sans, I can easily sense and see it; Its obvious; you NEED this daily debate, you can take a break from it but your interest intensely draws you back;

Even in your opposition, obvious interest leaks out of your closet; why not just come clean, get out of the closet and admit your interest in God.

Come on now; its not going to hurt you.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 AM

The topic here is If your not interested in God, then why are you so interested? If you want to begin a thread on sisters marrying brothers or each other, do it.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
The topic here is If your not interested in God, then why are you so interested? If you want to begin a thread on sisters marrying brothers or each other, do it.
You posted that video and stated you'd let it speak for you, now you want to attempt to dodge your defense.

Whenever you point the finger remember you've got 4 pointing back at you.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
You know your interested in God Sans, I can easily sense and see it; Its obvious; you NEED this daily debate, you can take a break from it but your interest intensely draws you back;

Even in your opposition, obvious interest leaks out of your closet; why not just come clean, get out of the closet and admit your interest in God.

Come on now; its not going to hurt you.
What I am interested in is not god, but why so many people believe god exists and don't realize how destructive that belief is, to themselves and to society as a whole. It impedes human progress, handicaps minds that might otherwise have the ability to think, reason and take responsibility for themselves...Instead they seek answers from what is basically an adult version of a fairy godmother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality