Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2013, 04:16 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,139,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I am not a Christian by my definition, and your definition cannot turn me into one. " You" just need me to be one to suit your understanding.

And I understand that.

I do not view modern day Christianity as even following the teachings of Christ. And the term " Christian" was created by the Romans, not by Christ or God; neither Jesus or God has sanctioned the term " Christian"- but " You" have sanctioned it in your mind. Its what you have been taught.

And its one reason why you try to deny your intrest in God, Christian behavior.
Again I don't deny INTEREST. I deny the existence of the divine. I don't believe in alien visitation but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in the subject. Interest does not equate belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 04:22 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,593,760 times
[quote=mikebnllnb;27699825]

Again I don't deny INTEREST. quote]

Ahhh, the soothing wind of truth! Now, why are you intrested in sometrhing you believe does not exist?

Explain that to me.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:21 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,299,282 times
[quote=Mickiel;27699933]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post

Again I don't deny INTEREST. quote]

Ahhh, the soothing wind of truth! Now, why are you intrested in sometrhing you believe does not exist?

Explain that to me.
You can be interested in something without believing in it. I'm interested in Muslim history as well. I'm interested in the history of the Soviet Union, that doesn't make a Stalinist.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 AM

[quote=DSS94;27700776]
Quote:

You can be interested in something without believing in it. I'm interested in Muslim history as well. I'm interested in the history of the Soviet Union, that doesn't make a Stalinist.

I think its true that one can be intrested in something without believing in it; I just think many interested Atheist need to bring their intrest in God out of the closet and be for real about it.

Don't you?

Old 01-10-2013, 06:18 PM

[quote=Mickiel;27703307]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS94 View Post

I think its true that one can be intrested in something without believing in it; I just think many interested Atheist need to bring their intrest in God out of the closet and be for real about it.

Don't you?
What does "be for real about it" mean?

Old 01-11-2013, 03:33 AM

434 posts, read 342,656 times
[quote=Mickiel;27703307]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS94 View Post

Don't you?
No, that is your devout hope that someone else who had previously been skeptical would somehow 'come to the truth', which would then validate your own beliefs, lacking any other ability to do so.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 AM

[quote=Heathen Hammer;27713463]
Quote:
No, that is your devout hope that someone else who had previously been skeptical would somehow 'come to the truth', which would then validate your own beliefs, lacking any other ability to do so.

It is not my hope that others would come to the truth; I already know that is every humans destiny, its going to happen and absolutely nothing can stop that; my beliefs need no validation from others. I already know what God is going to do.

I am not " Devout", and have no devout hope for others. People can do as they please, it matters not to me; nothing is going to stop God. Nothing!

Old 01-11-2013, 10:43 AM

[quote=mikebnllnb;27708719]
Quote:

What does "be for real about it" mean?

Be honest about it.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:36 AM

[quote=Mickiel;27718108]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post

Be honest about it.
If an atheist can be interested in the idea of god without believing in him then what does an atheist have to be honest about? I think the fact that a post on this board speaks of interest. What more do you need. I think you are looking for us to admit that interest equates belief. It won't happen.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 AM

[quote=mikebnllnb;27718912]
Quote:

If an atheist can be interested in the idea of god without believing in him then what does an atheist have to be honest about? I think the fact that a post on this board speaks of interest. What more do you need. I think you are looking for us to admit that interest equates belief. It won't happen.

Intrest is a step toward belief

Intrest is not distant from belief

Intrest lives in the same room as belief

Intrest is not belief, but its a relative of belief. I personally believe there is a significant number of Atheist who " Want" to believe, but just under a cloak of privacy and under their own terms. And I really believe that. There is a growing number of Agnostics in this world, they just don't know what to believe; and I admit that religion has probally hampered their confusion instead of helping it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality