Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,052,712 times

Advertisements

[quote=Mickiel;27703307]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS94 View Post

I think its true that one can be intrested in something without believing in it; I just think many interested Atheist need to bring their intrest in God out of the closet and be for real about it.

Don't you?
Why are you so interested in atheism? Doesn't this mean that you secretly wish to not believe in god?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 10:31 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,593,424 times
[quote=fishbrains;27731302]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post

Why are you so interested in atheism? Doesn't this mean that you secretly wish to not believe in god?

Theres a part of me that does not believe at times, a small part of me. I have my moments of doubt, my moments of Atheism.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:53 AM

434 posts, read 342,557 times
[quote=Mickiel;27718090]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post

It is not my hope that others would come to the truth; I already know that is every humans destiny, its going to happen and absolutely nothing can stop that; my beliefs need no validation from others. I already know what God is going to do.

I am not " Devout", and have no devout hope for others. People can do as they please, it matters not to me; nothing is going to stop God. Nothing!
Since you create a vast multitude of threads specifically about God and proof of God, I doubt that is true. Evidence speaks to the contrary.

My statement was probably close to the mark.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:37 PM

[quote=Heathen Hammer;27755636]
Quote:
Since you create a vast multitude of threads specifically about God and proof of God, I doubt that is true. Evidence speaks to the contrary.

My statement was probably close to the mark.

I make threads that intrest me; I like God, he intrest me with no end.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:18 AM

434 posts, read 342,557 times
Making threads about it exposes your interest to others; therefore you do care what they think about it. Otherwise, and as your bible instructs, you would keep these things to yourself alone.

Actions speak louder than words.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:42 AM

47 posts, read 94,035 times
Just because I'm an atheist and don't believe in a fictional god(s) doesn't mean I'm not interested in what influences others. I find by reading / learning more about human history including FACTUAL biblical and religious history allows me to be more knowledgable in general.

I also enjoy watching fictional movies and tv shows. I don't believe Middle Earth but its still interesting.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
Making threads about it exposes your interest to others; therefore you do care what they think about it. Otherwise, and as your bible instructs, you would keep these things to yourself alone.

Actions speak louder than words.

I don't care what others think about what I think and write, and I don't care if you don't believe that. If they express an intrest in what I write, I then care about the oncomming conversations we would have; but my care is that I explain the truth to them as I understand it, I hold absolutely no intrest in convincing them of anything.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomMusing View Post
Just because I'm an atheist and don't believe in a fictional god(s) doesn't mean I'm not interested in what influences others. I find by reading / learning more about human history including FACTUAL biblical and religious history allows me to be more knowledgable in general.

I also enjoy watching fictional movies and tv shows. I don't believe Middle Earth but its still interesting.

I can understand this, I see a truth in it. More Atheist need to come out of that closet.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 AM

47 posts, read 94,035 times
Quote:
If your not interested in God, then why are you so interested? Why are you so attracted to religious debate? Why are you so concerned with the effects of religion? Why do you keep including yourself into this arguement?

How can you continually do these things and act as if your not interested?
I'm going to jump in and answer these...
Your 3rd question "Why are you so concerned with the effects of religion?"
Well that's simple, religion affects everyone whether they are religious or not. Just look at all the religious wars and political issues (gay rights, abortion etc).

That leads the your first question "If your not interested in God, then why are you so interested?"
While I don't believe there is a god or gods there ARE religions (I dont belive in elves but they are fictional beings in the lord of the ring) and a large number of people actually believe in all this crap, so much so that they live their one and only life for a fictional god and believe all others should live and think as they do and those who don't will go to hell. When a group of people start saying my gay friends can't get married or I as a woman can't choose what to do with my body all because of an old book full of man made fairy tails, well that effects me very much.

Knowledge / facts are the keys here though, which brings me to your 2nd question "why are you so attracted to religious debate?"
Because religions do effect my life one way or another I prefer to know why people believe in fictional stories, learn actual historical facts and teach others the truth. I know when I was a child, a little girl and I learned about Noah's ark and was told this is seen as a true story it blew my mind that adults would believe such a thing. I mean when I watched the little mermaid I never once thought it was true, so how could adults believe in these fictional bible stories written and constructed by men? I wanted to know more and I wanted to know why and I think everyone should hear the truth.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomMusing View Post
I'm going to jump in and answer these...
Your 3rd question "Why are you so concerned with the effects of religion?"
Well that's simple, religion affects everyone whether they are religious or not. Just look at all the religious wars and political issues (gay rights, abortion etc).

That leads the your first question "If your not interested in God, then why are you so interested?"
While I don't believe there is a god or gods there ARE religions (I dont belive in elves but they are fictional beings in the lord of the ring) and a large number of people actually believe in all this crap, so much so that they live their one and only life for a fictional god and believe all others should live and think as they do and those who don't will go to hell. When a group of people start saying my gay friends can't get married or I as a woman can't choose what to do with my body all because of an old book full of man made fairy tails, well that effects me very much.

Knowledge / facts are the keys here though, which brings me to your 2nd question "why are you so attracted to religious debate?"
Because religions do effect my life one way or another I prefer to know why people believe in fictional stories, learn actual historical facts and teach others the truth. I know when I was a child, a little girl and I learned about Noah's ark and was told this is seen as a true story it blew my mind that adults would believe such a thing. I mean when I watched the little mermaid I never once thought it was true, so how could adults believe in these fictional bible stories written and constructed by men? I wanted to know more and I wanted to know why and I think everyone should hear the truth.

I think everyone should hear the truth, so I certainly agree with that; which is why I post so many threads; I am appalled at the dry desolute Atheist dribble that is posted here and there. Incomplette speculation, scientific worshippers, wells without water, there needs to be an option of reality to keep humanity in touch with the truth. I am intrested in the truth, which is why I am attracted to God- the goldpost of reality and conscious correction. Without God, the human mind will be attracted to the myths of Atheism. Which is like trying to count on nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality