Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2007, 06:26 PM

190 posts, read 686,546 times

Advertisements

Dear Thefer,

Oh, how I know what you are going through. I did the same thing, trying to find my grandson. I just drove around and around looking for him, my heart was aching for him, but it's a dangerous thing to do. Even being in those neighborhoods, where they sell the drugs, you could come across some very dangerous people. I realized how futile this all was. I had to really let him go, and place him into God's saving and keeping power. They have to want to be helped. That's a hard thing to come to terms with, I know. But God knows where they are and what they are doing and through our prayers He can protect and deliver them from this bondage of addiction. Everytime I pray for my grandson, I will remember your daughter and the other young men who are addicted. God is still good and His love endures forever. Try to get some much needed rest tonight. Rest in the arms of Jesus. That's where I will be too!
g
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 06:32 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
Quick prayer request My daughters s just called she is at a crack house and wants him to come and get her. He is comming by to pick me up to go with them. Everybody please pray hard!!! Dear Lord help me to do the right thing control my heart and mind. Help me to stay in your will . Please deliver her from this sin and help me to accept the out come. I give You all the Glory.
In Jesus Name I pray your will be done tonight.
Dear Jesus please protect this family, rid them of this evil, and guide their eyes to you.
Amen

Old 06-01-2007, 07:09 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,891,132 times
Greetings All -

I'd just like to ask of those who are able, to please send some good healing thoughts & wishes my way. I returned home from surgery this afternoon & am in a great deal of pain. The pain pills I'm not allergic to, of which there are few, can't be taken as they cause blood thinning, so I only have high doses of Tylenol as an aide. I'm grateful, but as a slow healer & being fresh out of surgery, comfortable rest & sleep has been a bit of a bear.

I'd also like to ask for good thoughts for my 75-yr old mom, who came along with me today for moral support. She worried herself so much that she became dehydrated & fainted once we arrived home. She's comfortably resting but does far more physical things than she should. I'd like her to rest comfortably over the next week & be abundantly aware of her limits & need to treat herself gently, rather than worry about my comfort. I'll be fine. I'm a strong-willed philly who cries if I break a nail, but I'm still tough!

Thank you very much. I'm grateful evermore for authors & film makers, as that's how I'll be spending the better part of a week. So, all is well in the world.

Good healing, comforting thoughts & wishes to those whose posts I've read here, too. I wish you all a peaceful weekend & thank you all for thinking of me... VV

Old 06-01-2007, 07:29 PM

190 posts, read 686,546 times
Dear KITTENS PURR,

I am glad you came through your surgery. I do pray you will have a quick recovery and a restful sleep tonight. Just think of the Lord who is always near, comforting you and holding you close to His heart. I also pray your mom will take it easy this week-end knowing her "little girl" will be ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:42 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Love you kitten..I along with all your wonderful friends will be praying for you and your mom. Sleep well.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:28 PM

740 posts, read 2,014,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Thank you all so very much for your prayers for my daughter and our family. It means such a great deal to me to have so many of you right here at my fingertips .
Right now I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by this. I might as well let it all out here ....my daughter contracted an STD (sexually transmitted disease) from the baby's father (which is no longer in the picture THANK GOD). Because of this, there is a 95% chance that she will have to have a c-section. Now on top of that, the possibility of a blood transfusion.

Again, THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH, for all of your prayers in this situation!!
kawgpz550, I will be praying for your family, your daughter and her baby.

Father, I would ask you to use this adversity to strengthen this family. Strengthen them as a family, and individually in their faith. God it is times like these that send us to our knees... bringing us closer to you. I would just pray that you would use this situation for your glory with healing, and a healthy momma & baby. I ask this in the name of our precious Lord & Savoir Jesus Christ. Amen

Old 06-02-2007, 08:49 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,218 times
Default Patience, patience, patience

Please everyone, pray for my husband to have patience with my children over the next week. Also, please pray that the children do fine without me. They know that mommy is sick and I know that must be confusing to them, especially with no being at home. So please lift up my family in your prayers. Thank you. It is good to know you are all out there.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:22 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,057 times
Thumbs up KittensPurr, of course you know I love you and I'm praying for you

The fact is, they don't say CATS have 9 lives for nothing ! And I understand that you are just a 'kitty' , but I believe that comes with at least 3 lives . So I know that God has so much more in store for you KP and will not allow you to go through more than you can handle !

I am so glad that you are out of surgery and back home recuperating. Poor momma cat . I hope she isn't ill?! Just worried about her baby kitten??? I will add momma cat to my prayer list also .

And forget those Authors & Film Makers KP . You really need to start writing a book . Please include the story of the Cat Napping Burglar and the HUGE Bubble Bee that took over MA . If you could be so kind, maybe you can dedicate the book to Ellie and I (just think about it !).

Hugs and prayers and a speedy recovery sister!

~HDL~

p.s.
I can't give you any rep pts for awhile . I have to lay low and find 19 other friends who want my measley 3 pts . It seems CD Admin doesn't follow the Grandfather Rule and I was demoted from 4 pts . But don't cry for me. I will be okay, I think .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensPurr View Post
Greetings All -

I'd just like to ask of those who are able, to please send some good healing thoughts & wishes my way. I returned home from surgery this afternoon & am in a great deal of pain. The pain pills I'm not allergic to, of which there are few, can't be taken as they cause blood thinning, so I only have high doses of Tylenol as an aide. I'm grateful, but as a slow healer & being fresh out of surgery, comfortable rest & sleep has been a bit of a bear.

I'd also like to ask for good thoughts for my 75-yr old mom, who came along with me today for moral support. She worried herself so much that she became dehydrated & fainted once we arrived home. She's comfortably resting but does far more physical things than she should. I'd like her to rest comfortably over the next week & be abundantly aware of her limits & need to treat herself gently, rather than worry about my comfort. I'll be fine. I'm a strong-willed philly who cries if I break a nail, but I'm still tough!

Thank you very much. I'm grateful evermore for authors & film makers, as that's how I'll be spending the better part of a week. So, all is well in the world.

Good healing, comforting thoughts & wishes to those whose posts I've read here, too. I wish you all a peaceful weekend & thank you all for thinking of me... VV

Old 06-02-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
kawgpz550, I will be praying for your family, your daughter and her baby.

Father, I would ask you to use this adversity to strengthen this family. Strengthen them as a family, and individually in their faith. God it is times like these that send us to our knees... bringing us closer to you. I would just pray that you would use this situation for your glory with healing, and a healthy momma & baby. I ask this in the name of our precious Lord & Savoir Jesus Christ. Amen
I agree. Kaw, I wish you a successful, quick solution & comfort & healing along the way. I'm sorry for your troubles. Stay strong & keep posting so we can all send love & healing along your journey. Best of luck to you & your family, now & in the future... VV

Old 06-02-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydawglady View Post
The fact is, they don't say CATS have 9 lives for nothing ! And I understand that you are just a 'kitty' , but I believe that comes with at least 3 lives . So I know that God has so much more in store for you KP and will not allow you to go through more than you can handle !

I am so glad that you are out of surgery and back home recuperating. Poor momma cat . I hope she isn't ill?! Just worried about her baby kitten??? I will add momma cat to my prayer list also .

And forget those Authors & Film Makers KP . You really need to start writing a book . Please include the story of the Cat Napping Burglar and the HUGE Bubble Bee that took over MA . If you could be so kind, maybe you can dedicate the book to Ellie and I (just think about it !).

Hugs and prayers and a speedy recovery sister!

~HDL~

p.s.
I can't give you any rep pts for awhile . I have to lay low and find 19 other friends who want my measley 3 pts . It seems CD Admin doesn't follow the Grandfather Rule and I was demoted from 4 pts . But don't cry for me. I will be okay, I think .....

Greetings HDL, my favorite Dawg Lady this side of the Pacific Ocean!

Thank you for all of your prayers, because they worked. I'm a huge believer in the magic of positive prayer healing. I'm in no pain today other than a horrific migraine (which has decided to hang on like a barnacle) & a great deal of swelling, no doubt caused by all the meds they administered during surgery (they wear off fast on me, so I need multiple injections - I lost count after 12) & the stress of it all. I had a great doc & we talked about my dealings with the Sex Pistols/Clash (another post entirely!) & his living in NYC on a 38th floor walk-up (geesh!) during med school with a 2-yr old & a pregnant wife. I'll soon finish up my med degree, once home renovations are complete, my health is in order & I relocate - hopefully early 2008 at the latest. So, doc was lovely & has a lovely staff. I'm very blessed.

Oh, thank you for your good wishes for my mom. Your prayers worked there, too. She's great today. I can tell she's horribly worried, although she's the type to hide her feelings, but yesterday she looked worse than me & I had to take care of her. Challenging evening, I must say! She looks herself today, which is very comforting. Today, she ventured out & bought me cranberry flowers (daisies?), picked up my antibiotics & did my laundry. Very kind of her. Again, I'm very blessed.

Hahaha. Yes, I actually have written several books, none published (only a poem in a compilation book - another, another post!). Didn't include the bee/lecherous neighbor stories, but I continually write, so we'll see. No one would believe 1/2 the things I find myself involved in, but I always see the humor in it, so all is well in KittensPurr's world. El & HDL dedication? Absolutely. No worries, there.

Thank you so much for thinking of me & your kind prayers. I'll PM you in a day or two. I'm feeling a bit narly today, so I'm offline for now.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind healing prayers. They are genuinely appreciated & abundantly helping. See ya soon... VV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality