Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 08:05 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times

Advertisements

Grandfather, Great Mystery, teach me how to trust my heart, my mind,my intuition, my inner knowing, the senses of my body, the blessings of my spirit. Teach me to trust these things so that I may enter my Sacred Space and love beyond my fear, and thus Walk in Balance with the passing of each glorious Sun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 06:42 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Stopping in will lift all your requests.

ptsum thanks for your prayer we all could learn from it too.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:29 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Grandfather, Great Mystery, teach me how to trust my heart, my mind,my intuition, my inner knowing, the senses of my body, the blessings of my spirit. Teach me to trust these things so that I may enter my Sacred Space and love beyond my fear, and thus Walk in Balance with the passing of each glorious Sun.

Amen, ptsum. Still beautiful.

<><

Old 03-15-2010, 11:36 PM

968 posts, read 2,618,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Perfect. I truly could not have said this better myself. Exactly what I feel but I did not have the words to articulate as such.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:49 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,797 times
Dear Lord,

Please give me the strength to get through the next few months/weeks/days/hours.. through the first night of him gone, even.

This relationship may not be meant to be, the only thing that is certain, is that as a struggling alcoholic, I am doing him more harm than good by trying to stay with him right now. I didn't know it was a weakness in him. I didn't know I was his prime enabler, on top of being most likely his prime reason for turning back to alcohol as well, within the past year. And more importantly, I have absolutely no idea how to combat the inner battle waging war within my fiancee of 1 year who is struggling with alcohol abuse.

These next few days will be very critical while he attempts to locate and maintain a new place to stay, by himself. I pray that any hardships he faces while he is on his own now, he does not turn in resentment against me.
This is not a comfortable situation for either of us, but it hasn't been comfortable stable environment for awhile, now.

I loved him enough to confront him for the sake of our relationship, to yield no positive results. I love him enough to make him leave this morning, to try to sort this out and give him his space to focus and work on himself, before we work on fixing us as a couple, even if in the long haul, it may ultimately mean I risk never being able to reconcile with him once the dust has settled.

At least, that is how I'm trying to rationalize it tonight.

Lord, please bring me strength, and wisdom, to know what I need to improve upon during this seperation, and please let him find peace, and responsibility, and the steadfast assurance that I love him, no matter what the outcome may be.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:00 AM

968 posts, read 2,618,795 times
This morning I woke up feeling weak and uneasy; all the troubles of yesterday that brought me no worry seemed to have burden me today. I ask that your restore the power of faith, patience, and courage in me so I can can stand tall against the roadblocks that I face. Please allow me to use my faculties to help the deserving in their time of need. I am letting my guards down so goodness can infiltrate my being.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:14 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
On this beautiful morning He has given me, I humbly and sincerely pray for each of you who have come here for prayer, encouragement or are in need of someone to send good thoughts your way.

May you all receive the blessing of peace, hope and healing..

Old 04-05-2010, 04:43 PM

Please remember the coal miners in Raleigh County West Virginia in prayer..There was an explosion underground around three this afternoon..Six confirmed dead and 21 unaccounted for..Rescue workers are on the scene..

I have a grandson who works for that company, but at a different mine..

Old 04-06-2010, 08:07 AM

25 miners confirmed dead...4 still unaccounted for..deadly gas has halted rescue workers from entering..Please continue to pray for these families who have lost their loved ones ..One family has lost three..

Old 05-04-2010, 11:41 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,865 times
Prayers for those in Nashville, Tennessee and those along the Gulf Coast. Having lived in both of these areas, my heart is breaking for so many right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality