Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 11:05 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
How does this increase our understanding to love him more?
Excellent question, Data.
I should only answer this for myself, shouldn't have said, 'we or our', oops.

When I realized that my Father was only pure love...not wrathful, punishing, murderous, etc., it made a lighbulb
go off in my head and heart (figuratively).
I KNEW He couldn't be this shizo Father as portrayed in the Bible...when I understood how
Man blamed and laid so much incorrect human personification onto this BEING of LOVE...it just increased
MY love of Him, (Him that has no gender, that is).

When we understand someone that we love even more...I feel it increases our love for that person...
Because we are closer and more real and more intimate with what makes that person tick.
That's what I mean. Our love matures and deepens...
Thank you for asking.
Tale care,
Miss Hepburn

Old 05-17-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
It seems as if one of us is delusional. You claim that whatever one asks of God, he gives, except when he doesn't want to or when one asks incorrectly. Sounds like a way out of your claim that God gives whatever is asked. You can't have it both ways.
1. Did u interpret "according to His Will" as when He "wants to"?
That means, if I ask in Jesus' Name of my Father, "Lord, please don't let me get caught robbing this bank..."
No, all bets are off, this is not according to His Will...karma, sowing and reaping takes over...there are laws
that work in the Universe, that the Lord
Himself has put into place and I must say brilliantly.
(Health, abundance, love, peace, harmony, sheltor, food are His Will for all of us.)

2. Praying or asking incorrectly means (one of many), for example..."Lord please cure my cancer."
Next day, "Lord please cure my cancer."

I know IDEA ...what do YOU see incorrect about this prayer? Or do you Not see how this would be ineffectual.
Maybe we could start with me seeing how your mind is thinking and approaching this.
I use caps more than italics bec it's easier when typing from my Smart Phone, excuse me for that.

Later,
Miss Hepburn

Also, you don't have to talk to me with the jabs of rudeness incinuating I am delusional, let's drop that if we r to carry on.
Deal? I am sure I am much older than you and deserve a little more respect even if we don't see eye to eye.
Thank you in advance.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Did not God command "Thou shalt not kill"? and "Thou shalt not steal"
Yet he ordered the Israelites to kill...

Yes, I agree that any god such as this would be corrupt and this
has been easily shown that the bible god did exactly that.
It takes a smart person to figure this out, imo.
Bravo.

My point exactly around these threads...sorry, my Father did not do these many things
Attributed to Him...tho in their little bitty brains back then, they thought it was so...and
wrote it down as such.

Early Man couldn't do much better than think these things...bless his little heart...and now
for centuries future generations are under this delusion of a wrathful, punitive God.

If people want to believe this...there is not much that can be done.

You have allegiance to words on paper...or you have allegiance to the actual unchanging,
loving Father, God, Creator.

Oh no, those will be 'fightin words' to many here.
Sorry.

MY truth is in my eternally loving Father that has no punitive qualities.
So sue me!!!

Old 05-17-2013, 11:54 AM

588 posts, read 796,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I certainly never said that, no.

So you're whining about having a choice? Really?
In heaven, there is supposedly no sin. Do people in heaven lose their ability to make choices throughout eternity?

Old 05-17-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Thank you for asking.
Tale care,
Miss Hepburn
Thank you for your answer. Have a nice weekend.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:55 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,695,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
1. Did u interpret "according to His Will" as when He "wants to"?
That means, if I ask in Jesus' Name of my Father, "Lord, please don't let me get caught robbing this bank..."
No, all bets are off, this is not according to His Will...karma, sowing and reaping takes over...there are laws
that work in the Universe, that the Lord
Himself has put into place and I must say brilliantly.
(Health, abundance, love, peace, harmony, sheltor, food are His Will for all of us.)

2. Praying or asking incorrectly means (one of many), for example..."Lord please cure my cancer."
Next day, "Lord please cure my cancer."

I know IDEA ...what do YOU see incorrect about this prayer? Or do you Not see how this would be ineffectual.
Maybe we could start with me seeing how your mind is thinking and approaching this.
I use caps more than italics bec it's easier when typing from my Smart Phone, excuse me for that.

Later,
Miss Hepburn

Also, you don't have to talk to me with the jabs of rudeness incinuating I am delusional, let's drop that if we r to carry on.
Deal? I am sure I am much older than you and deserve a little more respect even if we don't see eye to eye.
Thank you in advance.
Well, in your next post you call other generations "delusional", so I don't understand the double standard. Also, you don't know that you're older than me and, besides, age in itself doesn't garner respect. One EARNS respect. But, as long as you answer my questions truthfully and don't disrespect me by making unsubstantiated claims, with no cop-outs, I'll play,

1. Did u interpret "according to His Will" as when He "wants to"? Yes. If someone, or in this case something, doesn't have the will to perform some act, then that person or thing doesn't want to perform it. Besides, this is all moot if you believe your god to be omniscient and omnipotent, because this would mean that your god's granting a prayer request would be his/her/it admitting that the original plan was wrong and that it can/needed to be changed. Would it not? Are these your god's attributes?

Next day, "Lord please cure my cancer." I suppose your objection who be to asking multiple times, insinuating that God didn't hear you the first time and/or that he/she/it didn't answer quick enough. Or, I suppose that some would require using "if it be your will" or some other hoop as that. Personally, I wouldn't see that it would matter so long as your god knows the prayer's intent.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:31 PM

17,803 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Why?
Cuz he likes the way it smells.

Leviticus 1:13

13 He is to wash the inner parts and the legs with water, and the priest is to bring all of it and burn it on the altar. It is a burnt offering, an offering made by fire, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.

The idea that the creator of the universe (if there is one) NEEDS animal sacrifices for atonement of sin is beyond stupid. However there were probably a lot of happy sheep, bulls, goats, pigeons and doves when 'ole Jesus went on that cross......

But wouldn't have made more sense to burn him?

Old 05-17-2013, 02:07 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
In heaven, there is supposedly no sin. Do people in heaven lose their ability to make choices throughout eternity?
We won't want to. Personally, I believe God is sovereign. The Bible says that God predestines us and gives us the Grace to know him. Ultimately though, we all choose to sin--it's just that some of us are given the Grace to know him. I have no problem with the idea, but I find it interesting to see that someone else is whining about the fact that we get a choice.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Cuz he likes the way it smells.

Leviticus 1:13

13 He is to wash the inner parts and the legs with water, and the priest is to bring all of it and burn it on the altar. It is a burnt offering, an offering made by fire, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.

The idea that the creator of the universe (if there is one) NEEDS animal sacrifices for atonement of sin is beyond stupid. However there were probably a lot of happy sheep, bulls, goats, pigeons and doves when 'ole Jesus went on that cross......

But wouldn't have made more sense to burn him?
Dying human flesh, as opposed to dying goat flesh, on fire - does not produce an aroma that pleases the Lord. As long as human blood was spilled, that was sufficient enough to please the Lord. The last thing the Lord needs is a bad unpleasing aroma ascending up into heaven.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
We won't want to. Personally, I believe God is sovereign. The Bible says that God predestines us and gives us the Grace to know him. Ultimately though, we all choose to sin--it's just that some of us are given the Grace to know him. I have no problem with the idea, but I find it interesting to see that someone else is whining about the fact that we get a choice.
We won't want to because of why? Because we will no longer have a sinful nature? Why not just create us in the first place without that sinful nature?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality