Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2008, 07:57 AM

139 posts, read 153,584 times

Advertisements

He speaks all the time. The challenge is to learn how to recognize His Voice. First step is read what He said. Spend time with your Bible. There is no substitute for THAT. You must READ it and prayerfully think about it. Its a sure mistake to ask other people what it means. God promised to provide to YOU a special tutor called the Spirit of Truth who will lead you into all Truth. It is none other than the spirit of Jesus Christ himself. In St. John it tells the Christian exactly what to expect from this special personal tutor. No one can do anything at all without appropriate tools. God would be unjust if He commanded us to be Holy without clear methods and tools to achieve this goal. Of course, the Grace of God has provided the blood sacrifice of Jesus to redeed us from our sinful condition. When we acknowledge our sins to God, He has promised to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. This is the FIRST preparation by which one learns to LISTEN to the Voice of God. Obedience is better than sacrifice and God knows the heart that yearns for Him. God yearns for you MORE than you could ever want Him. Imagine THAT! God is more than able to prepare you and to guide you into the special relationship planned for you. Its an intensely personal event. Scientists claim that 150000 years ago the human race numbered only 2000. From 2000 people emerged the five and a half billion living today. If YOU were the ONLY human being living on our planet, God would have provided the plan of salvation with its fullest dividends for YOU. God loves YOU just THAT much. I am praying for your success in learning how to listen to what God is saying RIGHT NOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 08:02 AM

139 posts, read 153,584 times
Yes, 'talk' is cheap. Thinking is what costs. Add thinking to talking and its the most potent mix known to mankind. Careful thought can lead to careful living. Success is not an accident nor is it a gamble. Happy living is not a lottery prize. WHY are you alive?

Old 04-25-2008, 08:48 AM

205 posts, read 374,572 times
yes yes yes.... these are just words or like you said , talk is cheap ....but......when you really ask that spirit of god in your life for real ....those words become life .. those words become a water of life to your spirit the real you......but.. if you dont understand, how it works ...these words will still be dead in you ...no meaning in life to you

Old 04-25-2008, 08:50 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,551,669 times
In the New Testament there are 3 greek words translated 'love'.

1.The least used is thelo, which is to will or to wish..." scribes, which love to go in long clothing..." etc.
2.Phileo;To be a friend ( 'loving of the brethren' is philadelphia ; 'love as brethren' is philadelphos ; 'lover of husband' is philandros ; 'love ones children' is philoteknos ; 'love of mankind' is philanthropia ; there are a few other variations. I will not list them all.
3. The most important one is : agape ; love ( to love; agapao ) these are the most used in the New Testament. This is the love commanded by God. It is a Godly love. It is the kind that makes you want to do undo others as you would want them to do unto you. It is the kind that motivates you to put others before yourself. It is the kind that does not want to see any one lost It is the kind that makes you want to help those who are in need. It is compassion. It is kindness. 1 John 1:10 " There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear." 2John 6 " This is love, that we walk after His commandments"
I would love ( thelo) to post them all , but there is too many to do that!

It is too bad that our language has lumped them all together into one word. And it is a much missused word.

BTW, another greek word for love is eros, it has the meaning of so many of the words used for love now days....i.e. things that pretain to sex ( and I don't mean gender! ).
This word is not used in the scriptures.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
In the New Testament there are 3 greek words translated 'love'.

1.The least used is thelo, which is to will or to wish..." scribes, which love to go in long clothing..." etc.
2.Phileo;To be a friend ( 'loving of the brethren' is philadelphia ; 'love as brethren' is philadelphos ; 'lover of husband' is philandros ; 'love ones children' is philoteknos ; 'love of mankind' is philanthropia ; there are a few other variations. I will not list them all.
3. The most important one is : agape ; love ( to love; agapao ) these are the most used in the New Testament. This is the love commanded by God. It is a Godly love. It is the kind that makes you want to do undo others as you would want them to do unto you. It is the kind that motivates you to put others before yourself. It is the kind that does not want to see any one lost It is the kind that makes you want to help those who are in need. It is compassion. It is kindness. 1 John 1:10 " There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear." 2John 6 " This is love, that we walk after His commandments"
I would love ( thelo) to post them all , but there is too many to do that!

It is too bad that our language has lumped them all together into one word. And it is a much missused word.

BTW, another greek word for love is eros, it has the meaning of so many of the words used for love now days....i.e. things that pretain to sex ( and I don't mean gender! ).
This word is not used in the scriptures.
...yes i agree with that

Old 04-25-2008, 12:07 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,972,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
My mom's cousin is schizophrenic. When he was a kid, the electrical outlet was telling him to kill his family.... Now tell me... was it just his familys' inability to believe his delusions the only reason why they didn't hear them or was it because the delusions weren't real at all??? Think about it.
Often I believe the name schizophrenic is a code name that makes possible the more professionals to overlook the real cause of being a schizophrenic. Perhaps not always, but I believe sometimes there is real evil that motivates the schizophrenic. Some believe it is only a mental disorder. And I believe they believe this only because these same people do not believe in the spiritual. I believe real evil often works through the mind, yet it is not the mind itself that is sick, but what is being placed into it.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:00 PM

33,551 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Often I believe the name schizophrenic is a code name that makes possible the more professionals to overlook the real cause of being a schizophrenic. Perhaps not always, but I believe sometimes there is real evil that motivates the schizophrenic. Some believe it is only a mental disorder. And I believe they believe this only because these same people do not believe in the spiritual. I believe real evil often works through the mind, yet it is not the mind itself that is sick, but what is being placed into it.
You have obviously had no personal contact with a schizophrenic. It seems that you think satan made them that way. Well I have known a schizophrenic for years. He is a member of my ex wife's family, and trust me his illness is real, and not caused by any mythical evil...You people unfailingly try to use your dumb blind faith to explain away everything. If everyone was like you, medicine would still be in the dark ages when illness was thought to be caused by evil "vapours" inhabiting the body.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:02 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
My sil is both schizophrenic and bipolar..He believes in God, reads his bible and attends church most Sundays..I would say he is a religious person..Before he was put on his meds, he talked to God during an episode of one or the other of his diseases..I never noticed any evilness in his onesided conversations even when he answered himself and thought it was God..He is mentaly ill folks, not posessed by evil spirits

Old 04-25-2008, 01:09 PM

i work with people that are schizophrenic for15 years now

Old 04-25-2008, 03:58 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
My wife is a schizophrenic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality