Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 10:06 AM

661 posts, read 1,184,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
Hell is real! That is why Jesus died on the cross...to save us from Hell. If you reject Jesus, you reject his free gift of heaven. Hell is a real place and thousands perish into hellfire each and every day. Please give your life to Christ and start reading the New Testament. You can get one for free at freenewtestament.com or if you'd like I can mail you a real nice one.
Please call out to Jesus and ask him to save you. Here is a prayer you can say to give Christ your life.
I believe in God and is his son Jesus Christ. Jesus I believe you are Lord and you died on the cross to cleanse me of my sins so that I can be saved. I believe you rose again on the third day. In this moment I am asking you to forgive me of every sin that I have ever committed in my life. I am sorry. Jesus, I have made the decision to hand over my life to you. I give you all my life and will follow you the rest of my life. I invite you into my heart. Please come into my heart and put your holy spirit in me. Please wash away the sins of my past with your precious blood and make me new. I give you all my mind, heart and soul. Please make me new through your holy spirit. Please help me discover what your will is for my life. Please take my life and guide me for the rest of my life by your holy spirit. I surrender to you Lord Jesus. Thank you for my salvation. Thank you because I have just been saved and am now your child. Amen
I would find that offensive if I didnt find it so sad.

How can people 'perish' into Hell as Hell is LIVING in eternal torment, is it not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 10:42 AM

33,554 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr jack View Post
WHY DO YOU QUESTION YOUR SENSE OF SELF ....YOUR LIKE A DEAD MAN WALKING SO COME ALIVE AND LIVE ...
If you must be insulting and patronizing in you posts to me I request that you ignore me instead...I will return the favor.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:59 AM

205 posts, read 374,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If you must be insulting and patronizing in you posts to me I request that you ignore me instead...I will return the favor.
ok den.......... if you listen to good talk for one hour and then negative talk for two hours ,you will have faith for the negative

Old 05-01-2008, 01:36 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
I would find that offensive if I didnt find it so sad.

How can people 'perish' into Hell as Hell is LIVING in eternal torment, is it not?
Perishable food doesn't disappear, it just "goes bad".

Old 05-01-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
or dont breath any air ,you die, or flys dont land on hot stoves they only land on cold ones

Old 01-22-2009, 02:26 PM

end of that

Old 01-22-2009, 04:15 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,017,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffan View Post
If God want;s us to know something more than what we are born to know why dosn't he just say it and save us all the agony?
Because there is no god. If god existed then there would be an objective way to 'hear' said entity, although all of this listening and not listening to a divinity is relying on questionable sources.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:32 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times
rr jack wrote:
Quote:

or dont breath any air ,you die, or flys dont land on hot stoves they only land on cold ones

[+] Rate this post positively

mr jack
View Public Profile
Send a direct message to mr jack
Send email to mr jack
Find all posts by mr jack
Add mr jack to Your Contacts

#146 Today, 03:26 PM
mr jack
141 posts, read 33,053 times

end of that
I couldn't help but notice that mr jack responded to his own post from May of last year with the statement today of "end of that". I thought that was interesting. Have you been pondering that one for the last year jack?
Anyway, it is a topic worth considering, why doesn't God say something and why is he such a wallflower? I know he's kinda shy and likes to maintain his privacy but if I was as smart as God I think I'd try to pitch in and help some of the problems around the world like starvation, wars, the destruction of our environment, etc.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:44 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,880,495 times
All I can say is "what can God say, that he has not already said?"

Why hasn't anyone listened to the stuff he has said previously and what makes you think people will listen this time? They wont.

Basically, God is saying stuff all the time, and it is up to you to discern which you take note of and which you leave behind.

It is personal responsibility we all need - we need to be responsible enough to do it all on our own and not be like a little helpless bird "Please help me, I am a victim in this big bad world and all the huge companies and the governments that are grinding me down".

Old 02-05-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
rr jack wrote:

I couldn't help but notice that mr jack responded to his own post from May of last year with the statement today of "end of that". I thought that was interesting. Have you been pondering that one for the last year jack?
Anyway, it is a topic worth considering, why doesn't God say something and why is he such a wallflower? I know he's kinda shy and likes to maintain his privacy but if I was as smart as God I think I'd try to pitch in and help some of the problems around the world like starvation, wars, the destruction of our environment, etc.
god gave man dominion and authorty to man and to look after the earth remember the book of genesis says ok ....hey man has created the problems on earth, we destroyed our earth our selfves... earth is mans problem....we created the wars we created starvation bye not givin to the poor...we are all like children spilling things on the earth to destroy our own environment earth ........why to you seek for gods help when man created it we can help it......alot of men are thinkers and like to talk but never wanna do do do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality