Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2017, 08:14 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,170,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Just correcting your incorrect statement that billions do not worship God. It matters little that others worship other gods in the light of your incorrect statement. Billions DO worship God.

Everybody knows there are other gods in the spiritual world.
The only reason someone would assert that billions worship a particular God is to assert it as proof. I'm reminding those that billions worship other gods and that how many worship any God does not make it real.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Yes...all those "Unverified Gods"...that have supposedly snowed BILLIONS of sophisticated and educated people. Yeah, sure!
Y'all keep deluding yourselves that you could put over any kind of scam on that scale and magnitude. THAT is the "Reality" of it.
All those metaphorical deities represent God or that which comprises God. You just aren't hip to that yet.
http://youtu.be/Y201QzDdzbg
http://youtu.be/P0A_iF1B3k0

Last edited by maat55; 04-21-2017 at 08:31 PM..

Old 04-21-2017, 08:47 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Ahhhhhhh....I see the problem.
Confusing "The Truth" with a "Ridiculous Claim".
Most know the truth...but some are like the blind that think what they can't see doesn't exist.
The God I perceive has full substantiation and objective evidence of its existence. Some confuse Metaphorical Deities of Religion with actual God, instead of just an allegorical representation. But that is just a mistake, not a complete error, like thinking the truth that "God Exists" is some kind of ridiculous claim.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:20 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Why wouldnt a person want some proof that what he/she
was committing their lives to follow was in fact real and valid?
Exactly!
And this is why I am not into 'blind faith'.
Seeing is believing.

Hey, reading a menu is fun...but savoring the food is better.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:21 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
The only reason someone would assert that billions worship a particular God is to assert it as proof. I'm reminding those that billions worship other gods and that how many worship any God does not make it real.
Oh please!

Old 04-21-2017, 09:38 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Most know the truth...but some are like the blind that think what they can't see doesn't exist.
The God I perceive has full substantiation and objective evidence of its existence. Some confuse Metaphorical Deities of Religion with actual God, instead of just an allegorical representation. But that is just a mistake, not a complete error, like thinking the truth that "God Exists" is some kind of ridiculous claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Oh please!
Denialist restatement of debunkd claims and impatient waving away of unpleasant truth.

That looks like game over, folks, if you have nothing better.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:11 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Denialist restatement of debunkd claims and impatient waving away of unpleasant truth.

That looks like game over, folks, if you have nothing better.
Y'all are the denialists.
"God Exists" has been crushing and trouncing "No God" for thousands of years.
You call "Game Over" to the Champion!! Why would the Champion in The Arena of World Merit, Power & Influence need better?

What they have has been more than sufficient to dominate...and even currently growing in strength and power...for a score of centuries.
It is "No God" that has never had any "game" and needs to find better than what they have going if they ever hope to make any kind of showing.
Y'all like "evidence" and "verifiable facts"? Try those!

Old 04-21-2017, 10:25 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
How do you know it was a moment in time? Did you have a CT scan or biopsy, then feel healed , and have the doctor redo the test immediately and nothing was found a moment later? And then the Dr simply said " wow, cool",and went on to his next patient?

I have enough family and friends in medicine to know how big a deal this would have been , and I simply dont buy the notion that all this happened and it just went under the noses of medical folks with no comment or attempt to figure out what happened.
Did you read the part about 3 biopsies, done a week apart each? And yes, that's exactly what happened. I told him I was healed all 3 times, and after the 3rd one I walked out and never went back. That was 20 years ago and I'm STILL healed. Peace

Old 04-22-2017, 06:00 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
All we are getting is appeal to tradition and anecdotal miracle claims. We still have game over, but denying they lost.

That is what we have come to expect, but it doesn't matter. We know we can't persuade those who have a personal vested interest in not being persuaded. What matters is the thousands who look in and see just who really had the best case. Yes, the lurkers and browsers (like the Floating vote) are ones who matter most.

What I hope most of all is that some will see the rhetorical techniques of the theist polemicists, how they are countered, debunked and discredited, and may be inspired to do and do likewise on other sites, or even start their own.

We are badly in need of more of the Austin Atheist -type TV shows.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
No, there is 0 objective proof. Religions present unbacked claims(biased old books, unverifiable testimonies, opinions) as evidence that would never see the inside of a courtroom. Again, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, which you have none.

The ridiculous claim video presents a rational explanation for how ridiculous claims become cultural traditions. The other video shows just how diverse God claims are and how inept a single God would be at defining itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality