Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2017, 07:35 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times

Advertisements

Do you believe in love?

There is no tangible evidence of love. It must not exist.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:37 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Do you believe in love?

LOL, good one. Peace

Old 04-21-2017, 07:39 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,170,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
It's not about "us" being more "special", there are a lot of factors that enter into obtaining a healing sometimes, and the top one is that He is sovereign. Peace
See, the problem here is that we live in a world where miraculous claims, that are proven false, are a dime a dozen. So, we are left with evidence we can see first hand, which for me was lil Rosalie(among many failed prayer attempts). This lil girl was a bid deal around here and social media as a heart wrenching call to god for restoration, which never happened. So, don't be offended if I don't believe your stories are evidence worthy.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:41 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
See, the problem here is that we live in a world where miraculous claims, that are proven false, are a dime a dozen. So, we are left with evidence we can see first hand, which for me was lil Rosalie(among many failed prayer attempts). This lil girl was a bid deal around here and social media as a heart wrenching call to god for restoration, which never happened. So, don't be offended if I don't believe your stories are evidence worthy.

Why would I be offended? I'm used to this reaction from people that have never seen or experienced such things. I still remember how I was pre conversion, although probably it would do me good to remember it a little more. Peace

Old 04-21-2017, 07:43 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,170,668 times
Quote:
Do you believe in love?

Well hell, this lil nugget of profound wisdom has changed my mind. Now, where is that Flying Spaghetti Monster I've been wanting to ride.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:56 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Do you believe in love?

Actually there is plenty of tangible evidence for love. Why would a parent sacrifice themselves for their children, or a husband for his wife and vice versa?

Tangible doesnt = physical .

Old 04-21-2017, 08:12 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
First of all, this happened 31 years ago, and as I said, I have MANY witnesses. And my doctor was not a Christian. You have to understand that in my circles, this is not unusual. I know of many people who have been healed of various things, including cancer.

Yeah, as a matter of fact, I do know a guy who lost his entire frontal lobe from a car battery blowing up in his face and G-d somehow healed him. He now creates websites in 8 languages. Then there's also the miracle He did for my son who sustained 4 types of brain injuries and was as good as dead.

How about you post your medical history and personal information on the internet? Peace

My medical history is boring, and I do not use it to present evidence of anything. But if I were claiming miraculous cures to me as evidence for a supernatural being, I do expect that these cures would be a recorded part of my medical history, and would become common knowledge among medical circles. Science is about gaining knowledge. To present miraculous cures as something the doctors would just shrug and wonder at holds little logic, especially the cancer type, as reseachers have long believed that the ultimate cure for cancer is triggering the human body to attack it, as a normal body does every day to prevent them. Having proof that a guy walked away from terminal cancer because of his religious belief would raise a red flag to researchers about the potential for a placebo affect of the mind upon the body to attack the cancer, and how they might deliberately induce this. They are already doing this with polio, using it to ID cancers and trigerring the body to attack them.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:28 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Actually there is plenty of tangible evidence for love. Why would a parent sacrifice themselves for their children, or a husband for his wife and vice versa?

There are also areas of the brain that can be measured demonstrating that love stimulate our brains releasing hormones that aid in us feeling good. These have been discovered in dogs and chimps. They are partly correct though, if you exclude evert source of information except for what is in the Bible then God is the answer for everything. What does amaze me the most on this form is that those who show the most hatred or the least love for their fellow man tend to be some, and I mean just some, of the most religious posters.

There are several books written about love from a science perspective, if religious people would only consult these sometimes before they make their proclamations perhaps they would word them a bit more difficult to dismiss,

Old 04-21-2017, 08:40 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
My neice, when she was three days old was not expected to live, then she was expected to be a vegetable, then to never be able to walk or to understand a single word. But she is 19, can walk but is blind and severely handicapped mentally and somewhat physically and understands some words. Her parents are atheists?.

My vet could never get over how my one dog kept recovering from her heart failing disease, living for 3 or 4 years beyond what he expected her to do. I never once caught her praying for recover.

My points are doctors and medical science is still not at the level of simply applying a Tricorder and solving all the problems. If it happens to you and you are religious then God intervene but for the atheist you are part f the lucky small percentage that survives or self cures. If it is God then he does not care what religion you are, if you are a good person or even if you are an atheist. Or even if you are a dog or a cat.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:04 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post

If you find this as evidence for Love ^^^ then the fact people will sacrifice themselves for God is proof that God exists. Behavior proves nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality