Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2019, 06:46 PM

63,937 posts, read 40,202,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
If heaven isn't just chock full of things we all love and enjoy, including, but not limited to sex, is it really heaven? Just something to think about!
As Spirit beings conditioned in physical bodies, we associate pleasure with their physical antecedents. We will have no physical bodies when we are reborn as Spirit after death. That is why we are ill-equipped even to imagine what sources of pleasure will be available. I for one will just be grateful to be rid of the need to urinate and defecate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 08:15 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,099,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As Spirit beings conditioned in physical bodies, we associate pleasure with their physical antecedents. We will have no physical bodies when we are reborn as Spirit after death. That is why we are ill-equipped even to imagine what sources of pleasure will be available. I for one will just be grateful to be rid of the need to urinate and defecate.
That’s the concept of Christian heaven, and I don’t have an issue with it.

However, in the Islamic heaven, there are all different kinds of pleasures with no side effect of any sorts.
Fruits and wines of highest quality, all kinds of foods, and any other thing one wishes for, and yes, lots n lots of sex.

There is no more obligation of worshiping God in the Islamic heaven, and no responsibility or duty or worry of ANY kind. If this is not heaven, then I don’t know what else is?

Old 06-14-2019, 01:13 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,877,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
How's that been working out for you?
Not very well. They keep complaining of headaches.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:22 AM

1,489 posts, read 484,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
That’s the concept of Christian heaven, and I don’t have an issue with it.

However, in the Islamic heaven, there are all different kinds of pleasures with no side effect of any sorts.
Fruits and wines of highest quality, all kinds of foods, and any other thing one wishes for, and yes, lots n lots of sex.

There is no more obligation of worshiping God in the Islamic heaven, and no responsibility or duty or worry of ANY kind. If this is not heaven, then I don’t know what else is?
In Islam they claim Mohammed as their prophet and they say he is the final prophet, which only leaves them boxed in with second hand knowledge that they claim. And they can only seek self-fulfilling prophecy according to that, just as they say the suicide bomber "assumes" 70 virgins in heaven. While their actions reveal that they are only walking in a cut-throat existence as the pinnacle of their identifying factor. While they assume their own singular and personal, altogether goodness. So, in that all they have is themselves.

I figure in the spirit realm all they could say, is that Mohammed told them to do it, and carrying on with the cut-throat fashion they are walking in. Those are the circles that they travel and dwell in.

In this mortal realm they are free to kill me. The life and death decision in the world to come belongs to the One True God, according to the life He shares.

Last edited by chief scum; 06-14-2019 at 09:37 AM..

Old 06-14-2019, 09:25 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,099,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
In Islam they claim Mohammed as their prophet and they say he is the final prophet, which only leaves them boxed in with second hand knowledge that they claim. And they can only seek self-fulfilling prophecy according to that, just as they say the suicide bomber "assumes" 70 virgins in heaven. While their actions reveal that they are only walking in a cut-throat existence as the pinnacle of their identifying factor. While they assume their own singular and personal, altogether goodness. So, in that all they have is themselves.

I figure in the spirit realm all they could say, is that Mohammed told them to do it, and carrying on with the cut-throat fashion they are walking in.

In this mortal realm they are free to kill me. The life and death decision in the world to come belongs to the One True God, according to the life He shares.
lol haha... look who is "boxed in".

You can believe all what you want, and I don't have an issue with it.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:32 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,611,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Maybe so, but if I am not "me" in heaven (meaning the same "me" that enjoys the same things), then what is the point? I am not too keen on becoming someone else in the afterlife, simply because I lack a body. If you know what I mean?

Old 06-14-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Genesis : 19 ….it says; Before they had gone to bed , all the men from every part of the city of Sodom- both young and old- surrounded the house. They called to Lot "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out so that we can have sex with them."...……...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
So your bible is saying that every male in the city, both young and old were gay - because every man, young and old wanted to have sex with the two male visitors?
I guess he didn't have an answer.

Old 06-14-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Sodom and Gomorrah were places where sexual deviance was practiced in every way. Which you can see by how the two Angels who went to warn Lot were received there by the towns people.

Part of God's judgement on the beguiling serpent was that the seed of the woman would crush the serpents head. The serpent was not greater than the birth of the child.

The reason I chose the name chief scum, is because I know by experience that for the most part, the internet offers no respect.
Quote:
But (re the bible story) Sodom and Gomorrah were not destroyed because of 'sexual deviancy'.
Quote:
Your 'God's word' doesn't say anything about sex being the reason for the destruction of S+G
Quote:
Genesis : 19 ….it says; Before they had gone to bed , all the men from every part of the city of Sodom- both young and old- surrounded the house. They called to Lot "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out so that we can have sex with them."...……...

In chapter 18 it says; Then the Lord said, the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know. The men turned away and went toward Sodom...
Quote:
Yes, but the 'sin' of S+G was that they were haughty, inhospitable and uncaring.

Ezekiel 49-50, 'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.'

Can you point out where it mentions that the cities were destroyed because of sex?
NO answer Scum?

Old 06-14-2019, 10:57 AM

7,197 posts, read 4,596,865 times
There isn’t a heaven and dead people can’t do anything. What a silly question.

Old 06-14-2019, 11:04 AM

1,489 posts, read 484,315 times
Quote:
NO answer Scum?
I didn't reply because the answer was contained in the quote from Ezekiel...They were haughty and did detestable things before me.

Last edited by chief scum; 06-14-2019 at 11:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality