Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 09:07 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I have always been high, I don't want to live not being high, I do good enough staying off heroin or methadone and that is what I truly want to do, I would do Methadone every day for the rest of my life if I could, I mean, I know I could easily get it and do it the rest of my life, thing is, it will be the vehicle by which I die. I know it sounds stupid, but I do feel spiritual when I am on heavy drugs. I know that it is wrong, I know that nobody should do drugs, I know it's unhealthy and a very bad habit that leaves a seriously flawed example for everyone concerned. I have no choice in doing drugs though, If I want to live, I have to do drugs and there is no other way around it if I ever want to sleep. I am not a mean drunk or a person who freaks out, if I get high lol, I study the bible no matter how much a hypocrite I may seem to be, I would never study the bible if I was not high, I am just not interested the same way as when I am buzzed. It doesn't matter if it's a glass of wine, a beer, a dube, they all push me to study and that is the truth.

Now see, it used to be in my 20's that I would try and quit smoking cigs and weed, and then I could study the bible, and then I would go out and party and feel so ashamed, I would run from reading the word, and I was always putting the study away because I was never righteous enough to read.

But then one day I finally realized that I was living in a fantasy world, and the fact was, that I was never going to be righteous enough to read the word of God, that I was always going to sin, and if I waited until a time came after I had overcome my misdeeds, that I would be waiting forever because of the fact that I would never be able to be the man I always wanted to be.

I finally decided that if I was ever going to learn the bible, I would just have to study in sin because I was never going to overcome my sin.
Just because a drug is criminally wrong, does not mean its also morally wrong.

I know Im going to be on Suboxone for the rest of my life, and I have no problem with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
It can happen. My wife is sensitive to even some prescription drugs. She was given some Lunesta once to help her sleep and it caused weird auditory hallucinations (she heard elaborate classical music) that persisted after she stopped taking the meds and she still has a tendency to these once in awhile, a full decade or more later. She never experienced this before. This is not listed as a side effect of that drug, either.

Sometimes I think drugs make connections in the brain (or perhaps break down inhibitions to connections) and this has unintended side effects in some people. It's why I'm a minimalist and cautious about anything I put in my body, legal or not.
Yes, when it comes to LSD, mushrooms, MDMA, etc, I think there is something these drugs CAN do to a persons mind, that we do not yet fully understand yet. Maybe they can unlock some capabilities or knowledge.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:41 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Just because a drug is criminally wrong, does not mean its also morally wrong.

I know Im going to be on Suboxone for the rest of my life, and I have no problem with that.
I have just been reading about that and how it may help me, but I don't know anything about it, doesn't it help you not get high?

Old 01-07-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I have just been reading about that and how it may help me, but I don't know anything about it, doesn't it help you not get high?
Sort of, it seems to work different for everyone. For me, it saved my life, I can take 8mg per day and never feel an urge to use any other drug.

Suboxone does not get you 'high, but it does make you feel normal again, and to some users that have forgotten what normal feels like, it does resemble a 'high' in that regard.

BTW, if you are taking Suboxone and use another drug with it, the combination will send you into instant withdrawl, and you will be sicker than a dog! It binds to the opioid receptors and doesnt let any other drugs latch on.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:47 PM

479 posts, read 431,743 times
DMT is a naturally occuring substance that exists in one of the two plants used to make the ancient amazonian ritual drink ayahuasca. For centuries, native tribes in the amazon have used this medicinal brew to heal the body, mind and soul. It is not a drug they use to get high and party on. It is a medicine of their culture. For them, and (hopefully, and/or ideally) for anyone else who pursues the experience, it is a spiritual, sacred thing.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:49 AM

19,993 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, when it comes to LSD, mushrooms, MDMA, etc, I think there is something these drugs CAN do to a persons mind, that we do not yet fully understand yet. Maybe they can unlock some capabilities or knowledge.
From what I've read these drugs generally remove filters and allow one to make connections one would not otherwise make. But it appears to be a bit of a crap shoot as to whether those are beneficial connections or not. Even when they're experienced as positive it's unclear that they actually are advantageous.

Sure it's great when smoking pot for example that one is easily amused and open and so forth and people with anxiety issues generally are temporarily freed from most of that torment. But it's rather like the problem Buddhists face -- it's very calm on the meditation mat but while there, you aren't in any condition to actually get anything done in your actual life, either. You actually need your ego and your neuroses and even anxieties to function in the real world. So the open question is whether meditation / drugs / etc have much of an effect once they wear off. Some claim that they do. I suspect some of those claims are likely to be somewhat true. I'm just not sure if they are true enough, often enough, to be worth the risks. That calculus would change for me if these drugs were decriminalized and properly regulated so that you could (1) be sure what you're actually taking and (2) not have to do it surreptitiously and without competent assistance (doctor's advice, etc).

Old 02-05-2018, 03:30 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
For anyone who's curious to know what the hallucinations were really like with 1960s orange sunshine, this video is a very close approximation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGfmRnV9BKw

I could watch that alllllll day long.

Last edited by Tantalust; 02-05-2018 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: I forget.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:03 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
For anyone who's curious to know what the hallucinations were really like with 1960s orange sunshine, this video is a very close approximation:

I could watch that alllllll day long.
I personally think that's rather boring...I find looking into Space much more fascinating.

Old 02-06-2018, 05:14 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Tried it once in college. I enjoyed the experience and never forgot it, but it wasn't religious to me.

I was watching a movie, Vacation with Chevy Chase, with a friend. The walls started breathing so I got up and went to the dining room to sit down. I heard my friend swallow in the other room over the TV and mentioned that to him. Then it started to snow and we both went outside still only in our T-Shirts walking down the street with our arms up going "look at this beautiful snow". If people saw us, it certainly would have appeared religious like we were talking to God or something. Hours later we came down hard and was sitting on my kitchen floor just talking.

No connection to any higher power. Just another form of drug induced haze, that's all.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Tried it once in college. I enjoyed the experience and never forgot it, but it wasn't religious to me.

I was watching a movie, Vacation with Chevy Chase, with a friend. The walls started breathing so I got up and went to the dining room to sit down. I heard my friend swallow in the other room over the TV and mentioned that to him. Then it started to snow and we both went outside still only in our T-Shirts walking down the street with our arms up going "look at this beautiful snow". If people saw us, it certainly would have appeared religious like we were talking to God or something. Hours later we came down hard and was sitting on my kitchen floor just talking.

No connection to any higher power. Just another form of drug induced haze, that's all.
Connections like that are not going to magically happen, just because you have taken a dose or two, for the most part, you have to be open to it and sort of learn how to access/ experience/ utilize, it over time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality