Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 08:42 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,399,551 times

Advertisements

I started reading and posting here on CD and I was worried about some of the questions I had about god, jesus and the bible. The point-counterpoint helped me understand and form solid understandings. Here is a quick summary of what I learned:
1. The bible is full of contradictions.
2. The concept of free will is incompatible with biblical teachings.
3. Gods concepts of morality allow slavery, torture, and hate.
4. The original bible has been lost.
5. Christians don't think enough of their own scriptures to learn the original languages.
5. Killing is ok, as long as it is a convicted person, not an embryo.
6. Christians are duplicitious: gay people go to hell (old testament citation) while slave owners (old testament citations) will not.
7. Christians confuse the icon of a cross with their creator.
8. The bible was actually assembled by a guy named Esubias (or similar) who was an employee of emporor constitine--who, by the way murdered his mother and refused to be baptised until he was on his deathbed--so he could lead a wicked life..Catholics call him "Saint" and "Pope."

I am glad that I spent the time and effort on this--I read 5 books, participated in this forum, studied Greek and Hebrew (a little). I worked as hard on this as I have ever worked on anything.

Thank you for your kind assistance and support.

I now KNOW that I do NOT need to spend time or effort in pursuing Christianity--or any other religion, as it is all just a group of enticing myths.

Last edited by dcashley; 02-14-2009 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: typo--left out a word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 08:58 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
I started reading and posting here on CD and I was worried about some of the questions I had about god, jesus and the bible. The point-counterpoint helped me understand and form solid understandings. Here is a quick summary of what I learned:
5. Christians don't think enough of their own scriptures to learn the original languages.
6. Christians are duplicitious: gay people go to hell (old testament citation) while slave owners (old testament citations) will not.
8. The bible was actually assembled by a guy named Esubias (or similar) who was an employee of emporor constitine--who, by the way murdered his mother and refused to be baptised until he was on his deathbed--so he could lead a wicked life..Catholics call him "Saint" and "Pope."

I am glad that I spent the time and effort on this--I read 5 books, participated in this forum, studied Greek and Hebrew (a little). I worked as hard on this as I have ever worked on anything.

I now KNOW that I do NOT need to spend time or effort in pursuing Christianity--or any other religion, as it is all just a group of enticing myths.
It's a shame that your posts seem to reflect that you already had your mind made up before you came here. Nevertheless, it is your decision to make. I hope you'll be happy with it.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:51 AM

3,196 posts, read 5,399,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
It's a shame that your posts seem to reflect that you already had your mind made up before you came here. Nevertheless, it is your decision to make. I hope you'll be happy with it.
You don't know me. You don't have any idea of my personal thoughts. For you to decide that my personal thoughts are any different from what I've explained is highly arrogant.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:04 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,538 times
just a suggestion:

imho it would be a great step forward if people could stop this habit of "leading each other on" by asking for opinions on inadequately expressed "questions"!

Old 02-15-2009, 01:05 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:

Well dcashley, before you rush off, could you yourself show me one countradiction in the Bible? Or are you just taking the word of a non believer?

Old 02-15-2009, 02:08 PM

512 posts, read 712,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well dcashley, before you rush off, could you yourself show me one countradiction in the Bible? Or are you just taking the word of a non believer?
What's the point? We have all shown you contradictions in the bible and you will not listen. But just because you asked:

A List Of Biblical Contradictions

Losing Faith In Faith (http://www.ffrf.org/books/lfif/?t=contra - broken link)

and for those who are only interested in the NT:

New Testament

Old 02-15-2009, 02:56 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOKThe1stTime View Post
What's the point? We have all shown you contradictions in the bible and you will not listen. But just because you asked:

A List Of Biblical Contradictions

Losing Faith In Faith (http://www.ffrf.org/books/lfif/?t=contra - broken link)

and for those who are only interested in the NT:

New Testament
Well you have showed me those countradictions, and I have answered the one's put before me. And you keep showing me these countradictions from you local athiest web sites. Now the reason you do this, is because it's obvious you have not actually researched them yourself. You just show me one of these long list, and feel comforted, that there are so many of them on the list that there has to be real contradictions there. Of course, you would really have to research them to know this is not the case. Yet when you forget my previous answers, you can always show me these long bogus lists. Now can you show me your best countradiction?

Old 02-15-2009, 02:59 PM

512 posts, read 712,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well you have showed me those countradictions, and I have answered the one's put before me. And you keep showing me these countradictions from you local athiest web sites. Now the reason you do this, is because it's obvious you have not actually researched them yourself. You just show me one of these long list, and feel comforted, that there are so many of them on the list that there has to be real contradictions there. Of course, you would really have to research them to know this is not the case. Yet when you forget my previous answers, you can always show me these long bogus lists. Now can you show me your best countradiction?

I have read the contradictions. And the entire bible for that matter. The contradictions still stand as far as I'm concerned. I don't recall you refuting the over 100 contradictions in the bible, but if you say so it must be true.

Get a life.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:03 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,919 times
My dear Campbell - to make it short. Explain for us these 2 examples of clear contradictions. Just curious

[LEFT][SIZE=2]Did Joshua and the Israelites capture Jerusalem?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2](a) Yes (Joshua 10:23, 40)[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[SIZE=2](b) No (Joshua 15:63)[/SIZE]

[LEFT][SIZE=2] </I>The gospels say that two thieves were crucified along with Jesus. Did both thieves mock Jesus?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2](a) Yes (Mark 15:32)[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[SIZE=2](b) No. One of them mocked Jesus, the other defended Jesus (Luke 23:43)[/SIZE]

Old 02-15-2009, 03:06 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times
Quote:

I only had to read a few words of your post and I can say that I agree with you.

We are being had; somebody is getting us real good and I know that unless the REAL truth comes out all if us are going to be in for a real surprise when we; as the Egyptians say; "pass over" to the other side.

YouTube - 666 - Part 1 : The Hexagram, its origins and hidden meaning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality