Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 08:38 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualVisitor View Post
Why do SOME of the nonbelievers here act in a similar manner at times? I'm really interested if you'll care to share. I mean, I understand the difference in beliefs, the difference in opinions, etc...but, why the hostility? The mocking? The disrespect?
Many reasons.

I have been respectful and cordial to you, because you have returned that courtesy. Other Christians have not, have deliberately twisted what others have said, avoid arguments that they have no good answers for, and are generally dishonest. Not all posters of course, but some. These posters, through their actions, are not as deserving of respect as others.

Some Christian beliefs are simply absurd, and deserve a good teasing, which may be viewed as disrespectful or mockery.

Look at the recent attacks on abortion rights in Alabama, Ohio, Georgia and Ontario, all led by religious people. That is hostile towards women, and deserving of hostility in return.

Sometimes I just have a bad day and write testy posts. Just one of those things, and not necessaril6 directed at Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 09:16 PM

8,667 posts, read 3,871,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. The point I am making is that those laws were put on the books to begin with, and in many cases nothing has been done to remove them.

2. If you wanna kiss up to pushy christians, go right ahead, Mr. Chamberlain. The pushy ones better stop pushing me.
Chamberlain - lol, give me a break; the type of emotional anger/hysteria displayed in thread after thread by many does nothing to get the laws ‘off the books’ or fight Project Blitz. Fighting ‘pushy Christians/national conservatives’ is what I do - I simply choose to do it in a more effective, rational manner.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:19 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Chamberlain - lol, give me a break; this type of emotional anger/hysteria (as displayed in thread after thread by most) does nothing to get the laws ‘off the books’ or fight Project Blitz. Fighting ‘pushy Christians/national conservatives’ is what I do - I simply choose to do it in a more effective, rational manner.
No, it is exactly what you are doing...at least here on this site. You appease them.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
No, it is exactly what you are doing...at least here on this site. You appease them.
How is fighting Project Blitz (or stating I don’t care if Christians think I’m going to hell) - appeasing them, exactly?

Old 05-17-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
How is fighting Project Blitz (or stating I don’t care if Christians think I’m going to hell) - appeasing them, exactly?
You're fighting PB. Yeah. I'm sure if they fail it will be thanks to you.

Old 05-17-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
You're fighting PB. Yeah. I'm sure if they fail it will be thanks to you.
You didn’t answer the question. How is stating I don’t care if Christians think I’m going to hell - appeasing them? And, I’m not fighting Project Blitz alone - lol. Come on, you aren’t even making sense.

Old 05-17-2019, 10:39 PM

5,485 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I don't think any non-believer worries about liberal Christians who have a live-and-let-live philosophy.
Sam Harris does; he makes that clear in 'The End of Faith'

Old 05-17-2019, 10:42 PM

5,485 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
and Ontario
This can't be true, can it? I live 15 minutes from Ontario and listen to Canadian radio most days; haven't heard anything about them dialing back abortion rights in recent times. Google results indicate nothing and in fact return some results that indicate progress on assisted dying being made there in the past few days...abortion is mentioned in this one, with the courts upholding the rights of patients to receive an abortion-related referral from a 'conscientious objector' doctor...and assisted dying was actually legalized there three years ago, interestingly. But the case here seems to have been rather narrow in focus, relating only to the rights (or lack thereof) for a religious, anti-abortion/anti-euthanasia doctor to provide any referrals relating to these things

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...ying-abortion/

Last edited by Matt Marcinkiewicz; 05-17-2019 at 10:50 PM..

Old 05-17-2019, 11:12 PM

Quote:
You didn’t answer the question. How is stating I don’t care if Christians think I’m going to hell - appeasing them? And, I’m not fighting Project Blitz alone - lol. Come on, you aren’t even making sense.
Why don't you share with us what fighting you are doing.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:02 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Inability to forgive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality