Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 03:30 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
You are basing all of this on the most Spurious Bible ever created and translated. Again, (AKJV) is a "Revision" of other previous "Versions" and not an accurate true Translation, but obviously no ones going to prove that to you. Time after time Scholars have proven one spurious, (That means diliberately changed to prove beliefs that cannot be proved without corruption of TEXT) scripture after another spurious scripture in the King James Version. You apparently refuse to read the points on both Death & Hell being cast into the "Lake of Fire" (which according to Revelations own definition means only, "The Second Death") which in turn means they are totally done away with. There is Zero purpose in making humans suffer for all eternity , except to give some group of perverted Clergyman a kinky thrill. Every single Trinitarian-Hellfire & Damnation Minister has turned this world into an ugly place, and they have failed miserably to help and teach anybody anyhing positive. As stated before, if there truly is such a place, then ALL Reverends, Pastors, Priests, Rabbis, Monks, Nuns, Mullahs, witchdoctors, etc are first in line before anyone else, including athiests & agnostics.

You know, you strike me as a lonely man Campbell. No wonder they give you the Graveyard shift at work. I've never met an individual with so much hatred of their fellow man.
My first love is Jesus Christ. And if I truly hated my fellow man, I would hide from them the truth of the Scriptures. And you can go to just about any Bible translation you like, and you will find that what I have stated here is accurate. You are trying to make a case that the real translation would never have such wording of Hell. Yet that is a fales belief held by you. If it is not false, show me where I am wrong in the verses I have given. And not only does the Bible state there is such a place, it also states that most people are going there. If God was interested in numbers He would of drowned the nine in the Ark and saved the world. Yet God is looking for true hearts that are sold out to Him, and not the world.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:39 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
My first love is Jesus Christ. And if I truly hated my fellow man, I would hide from them the truth of the Scriptures. And you can go to just about any Bible translation you like, and you will find that what I have stated here is accurate. You are trying to make a case that the real translation would never have such wording of Hell. Yet that is a fales belief held by you. If it is not false, show me where I am wrong in the verses I have given. And not only does the Bible state there is such a place, it also states that most people are going there. If God was interested in numbers He would of drowned the nine in the Ark and saved the world. Yet God is looking for true hearts that are sold out to Him, and not the world.
Everybody goes there Campbell, it's the GRAVE. The "King James Version" Translates the words of Sheol & Hades using three different english words, Hell, Grave & Pit. The actual word Hell is only an old English word derived from the verb helling which had to do with harvesting potatoes and putting them in deep dark cold storage in a root cellar. That's it!!!!!!!!! It had nothing to do with roasting them.

You can drink the "Jim Jones - Branch Davidian" Hatred Kool-Aid all you want, but it does'nt change the truth on matters. What a sick sad individual.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:55 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by bluepacific
Quote:
You can drink the "Jim Jones - Branch Davidian" Hatred Kool-Aid all you want, but it does'nt change the truth on matters. What a sick sad individual.
Bluepacific you can't change people who do not wish to be changed.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Everybody goes there Campbell, it's the GRAVE. The "King James Version" Translates the words of Sheol & Hades using three different english words, Hell, Grave & Pit. The actual word Hell is only an old English word derived from the verb helling which had to do with harvesting potatoes and putting them in deep dark cold storage in a root cellar. That's it!!!!!!!!! It had nothing to do with roasting them.

Are human body goes to the grave until the time of the end, but our spirit goes to be with God, or a place of torment. Death is only experienced by our human body, not our spiritual body. On April 24,1969 I accidently got caught on a 7,400 volt eletrical line. Even thought I was unconsious I could see what was happening around me. I was laying face down, yet the woman from across the way was looking down on me and kept asking the question. "Is he dead" I could not understand why she kept saying that, because I could see her very well, and could not understand why she could not see that I was alive. Yet I now understand that I was not seeing her with my physical eyes, because they were closed and my head was face down. It was my spiritual body, and my spiritual eyes that were in use at that time. Death only means that our physical body dies, not our spiritual body.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:28 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
I'm sure you will rather believe that your OBE was a spiritual event, but here is what really happened.

Out of body experiences, sensing ghosts and other seemingly supernatural phenomena can be explained by misfiring nerves in the brain, reports the NY Times. I'm sorry, but the world, it seems, is a little less mystical today.

The Times is reporting on some of the latest neuroscience experiments where the application of "mild electric current" to certain parts of the brain causes subjects to feel as though they're leaving their body.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:21 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm sure you will rather believe that your OBE was a spiritual event, but here is what really happened.

Out of body experiences, sensing ghosts and other seemingly supernatural phenomena can be explained by misfiring nerves in the brain, reports the NY Times. I'm sorry, but the world, it seems, is a little less mystical today.

The Times is reporting on some of the latest neuroscience experiments where the application of "mild electric current" to certain parts of the brain causes subjects to feel as though they're leaving their body.
Normally, after a person stops breathing and the heart beat ceases, it is several minutes before gradual cessation of the life-force in the body cellsbegins. If the body is subjected to severe cold, that process can be delayed for hours. For this very reason, it is even sometimes possible to revive a persons by means of cardiopulmonary resuscitation. These people were what was termed "Clinically Dead", but their body cells were still alive.

There's also a medical explanation for all these experiences

The medical editor of "The Arizona Republic", "When physical prowess is at it's lowest ebb, as under anesthesia, or the result of disease or injury, automatic control of bodily functions diminishes accordingly. Thus, the neurohormones and catecholamines of the nervous system are released and pour out in uncontrolled quantity. The result among other manifestations, is the hallucination, rationalized after returning to consciousness, of having died and returned to life. -- May 28, 1977, page C-1 You can also Google more references as above.

Another excellent reference would be the German medical journal, "FortschritteDer Medizin", No 41, 1979 . Also another reference would be "Psychology Today", January 1981. There are also other articles such as your refernce to the "New York Times" article. Good find BTW.

The bottom line is that many of these people have been doped up on medication. They hallucinate what ever they've been feeding their brain cells with in their life time. Look at all the Hollywood crap that modern man watches continually. The stuff he's spewing is the stuff sensationalised movies are made from. I'm sure in his warped mind, he believes that all the "Indiana Jones" movies are all factual things. This would make all the Greek and other Pagan Mythology comes true if they make movies on it. The Hellfire/Damnation mythology came ONLY from these ancient pagan cultures and were apostasized into Christianity around the 3rd and 4th centuries. Also we cannot discount the demonic source for such corruption of clean pure worship. After the death of the Apostles and other prominent men and women of the New Testament, they had already forewarned that there would be centuries of Apostate Christianity before the coming of "The Last Days".

It's certainly not that tough to see how the Christianity of today is nothing even closely reminicent of what Jesus Christ taught and what was practiced by his first followers. I don't think "Ding-Dong" really cares.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Misfiring nerves will not explain why I could clearly see her face, and hear her talking, while I was unconscious with my head down and my eyes closed. The world is only less mystical if you ignore the truth.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:38 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,472 times
During my triple heart by-pass, my heart was stopped for some time, I don't know how long.
What I can say is that I experienced no out of body sensation, I wish I had.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Normally, after a person stops breathing and the heart beat ceases, it is several minutes before gradual cessation of the life-force in the body cellsbegins. If the body is subjected to severe cold, that process can be delayed for hours. For this very reason, it is even sometimes possible to revive a persons by means of cardiopulmonary resuscitation. These people were what was termed "Clinically Dead", but their body cells were still alive.

There's also a medical explanation for all these experiences

The medical editor of "The Arizona Republic", "When physical prowess is at it's lowest ebb, as under anesthesia, or the result of disease or injury, automatic control of bodily functions diminishes accordingly. Thus, the neurohormones and catecholamines of the nervous system are released and pour out in uncontrolled quantity. The result among other manifestations, is the hallucination, rationalized after returning to consciousness, of having died and returned to life. -- May 28, 1977, page C-1 You can also Google more references as above.

Another excellent reference would be the German medical journal, "FortschritteDer Medizin", No 41, 1979 . Also another reference would be "Psychology Today", January 1981. There are also other articles such as your refernce to the "New York Times" article. Good find BTW.

The bottom line is that many of these people have been doped up on medication. They hallucinate what ever they've been feeding their brain cells with in their life time. Look at all the Hollywood crap that modern man watches continually. The stuff he's spewing is the stuff sensationalised movies are made from. I'm sure in his warped mind, he believes that all the "Indiana Jones" movies are all factual things. This would make all the Greek and other Pagan Mythology comes true if they make movies on it. The Hellfire/Damnation mythology came ONLY from these ancient pagan cultures and were apostasized into Christianity around the 3rd and 4th centuries. Also we cannot discount the demonic source for such corruption of clean pure worship. After the death of the Apostles and other prominent men and women of the New Testament, they had already forewarned that there would be centuries of Apostate Christianity before the coming of "The Last Days".

It's certainly not that tough to see how the Christianity of today is nothing even closely reminicent of what Jesus Christ taught and what was practiced by his first followers. I don't think "Ding-Dong" really cares.
As I have stated in another post misfiring nerves will not explain why I could clearly see the woman leaning over me and asking if I were dead. I was unconscious with my face down towards the ground, and my eyes closed. Yet I could clearly see her face, and hear what she was saying.
Misfiring nerves will not allow one to see a person when you are unconscious, with you eyes closed. Again, trying to rationalize away such an event with false assumptions, is irrational. Yet if your humanistic belief system does not allow you to accept that, then perhaps the only thing you can do, is to imbrace irrational assumptions.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:08 AM

Quote:
In 1611 they translated your "Version" from corrupted manuscripts. The nation of Israel mentioned in 'Revelation' isn't even listing the same exact original tribes of Israel who had the original land inheritances when they took possession of the inheritance promised them. It's a figurative Israel. And what about the 1800s ?????????? Gee, how could anyone possibly believe anything after the year 1611 ?????????? Come to think of it, would'nt that also rule out you ??????? LOL LOL
The Christians spoke of how God would return the Jews to the land of Israel. And they said this around the year 1660, so I guess that 1611 translation was not that corrupted was it. It appears it prophecies are still true. God states He would return the Jews from the nations where they have been scattered. It is not a figurative Israel, because the prophecies of the Bible have always been fulfilled literally. And the Jews that have returned have returned in the way the prophecies said they would. The prophecies said they would first return to southern Israel which they did in 1948. Then second the prophecies said they would recapture Jerusalem which they did in 1967. Also the prophecy stated Jerusalem would have a Porch Gate built onto the orginal East Gate. It does. And the prophecy states the Porch Gate would be sealed. It is. And the prophecy states that all attempts to break through the Gate would fail. They have. The prophecies of the Bible are true, and can be trusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.