Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 04:05 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Actually, it has been discovered that the 10 commandments are based on chapter 125 in the Egyptian book of the dead. Well known in Egypt, including at the time of the monotheistic Aten cult was the following passage from The Book of The Dead:
I have not robbed. I have not coveted. I have not killed people. I have not told lies. I have not trespassed. I have not committed adultery. I have not cursed a god.
the Book of The Dead originates at least from 2600 BCE with many versions following. They contain instructions for life after death, a sort of manual. The Hebrew version (10 commandments) originates also IN Egypt bu tmuch later (1490 BCE alleged Hebrew exodus from Egypt).

The main difference is that the Hebrew version is shorter, the 42 gods are replaced by 1 god and the sabbath has been added. This version has been passed on to the Christain community totally disregarding the fact that they took a selective chapter out of the book of dead.

Ooopsie!
Actually, the Book of the Dead proves that the ancient Egyptians once knew God and worshiped Him as the Amen, whom Enoch saw and reported on -pre-flood; They worshiped Him before they changed His truth into a lie, for they wrote of Him as Enoch wrote of Him, whom Enoch alone saw in heaven, hidden in mystery, but who was to come and is now come, revealed.
The Book of the Dead translated by Wallis Budge shows that the ancient Egyptians worshiped "Amen", the "Hidden God in heaven", who was seen only by Enoch there, and who is now come in flesh; and Jesus tells us that He is indeed the "Amen", the same whom the Egyptians worshiped in truth, as all nations once did, before they changed His glory into a lie...

YHWH tells us that Egypt will return to Him again, after all the many years of severe chastising;
Quote:
Isa 19:18 In that day five cities in the land of Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear by the LORD of hosts; one will be called the City of Destruction. Isa 19:19 In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the LORD at its border. Isa 19:20 And it will be for a sign and for a witness to the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they will cry to the LORD because of the oppressors, and He will send them a Savior and a Mighty One, and He will deliver them. Isa 19:21 Then the LORD will be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians will know the LORD in that day, and will make sacrifice and offering; yes, they will make a vow to the LORD and perform [it]. Isa 19:22 And the LORD will strike Egypt, He will strike and heal [it]; they will return to the LORD, and He will be entreated by them and heal them. Isa 19:23 In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian will come into Egypt and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians will serve with the Assyrians.Isa 19:24 In that day Israel will be one of three with Egypt and Assyria--a blessing in the midst of the land, Isa 19:25 whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, "Blessed [is] Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance."
Quote:
Rom 1:21-25 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify [Him] as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Professing to be wise, they became fools,
and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man--and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
Rev 3:14 "And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, 'These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:

Quote:
“God is one and alone, and none other existeth with Him – God is the One, the One who hath made all things – God is a spirit, a hidden spirit, the spirit of spirits, the great spirit of the Egyptians, the Divine spirit – God is from the beginning, and He hath been from the beginning...

He hath existed from old and was when nothing else had being. He existed when nothing else existed, and what existeth He created after He had come into being...

He is the Father of beginnings – God is the Eternal One, He is eternal and infinite and endureth forever, and yes – God is hidden and no man knoweth His form. No man hath been able to seek out His likeness; He is hidden to the gods and men, and He is a mystery unto His creatures...

No man knoweth how to know Him – His name remaineth hidden; His name is a mystery unto His children. His names are innumerable; they are manifold and none knoweth their number...

God is truth and He liveth by Truth and He feedeth thereon. He is the king of truth, and He hath stablished the Earth thereupon – God is life and through Him only man liveth. He giveth life to man, He breatheth the breath of life into his nostrils – God is father and mother, the father of fathers and the mother of mothers. He begetteth, but was never begotten; He produceth, but was never produced; He begat himself and produced himself. He createth, but was never created; He is the maker of His own form and the fashioner of His own body.

God Himself is existence He endureth He endureth without increase or diminution,God hath made the Universe, and He created all that therein is; He is the Creator of what is in this world, and of what was, of what is, and of what shall be. He is the Creator of the Heavens, and of the Earth, and of the deep, and of the water, and of the mountains.

God hath stretched out the Heavens and founded the Earth – what His heart conceived straightway came to pass, and when He hath spoken, it cometh to pass and endureth forever – God is the father of the gods; He fashioned men and formed the gods – God is merciful unto those who reverence Him, and He heareth him that calleth upon Him. God knoweth him that acknowledges Him; He rewardeth him that serveth Him, and He protecteth him that followeth Him.”
Taken from "The Egyptian Book of the Dead," E.A. Wallis Budge, Dover Publications Inc. New York 1967 pp. xcii-xciii
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 04:14 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Instead of just a general charge, be specific about what it is that you, personally, think "Christians" don't "agree" about?
And one who is born into the family of God by second birth of spirit is a baby when born. They are instructed to grow in grace and understanding of Jesus Christ, and to study to show themselves approved unto God, workmen who need not to be ashamed.
Just because one is born into the family of God does not make them mature in understanding. If they contradict themselves and the Word of God, then they have an issue, but the Word does not have an issue -and the Word explains the Word.

And FYI: the Book of 1 Enoch is the Word of God and no one can understand the foundational truths by casting it away. It explains what the Book of Revelation is about, and it explains what the foundational doctrines of the Gospel of Christ; Sheol beneath earth; the Lake of Fire; the Regeneration of the heavens and the earth; the week of thousands allotted to this creation before the regeneration of the heavens and the earth; the origin of demons; the fall of the angles; and every major doctrine which is not explained in the OT and NT is laid as foundation in 1 Enoch, so it behoves all to be literate in 1 Enoch to really understand the doctrines listed above.
Specifics huh?

Well, I'll start with one.

Some churches think you have to be baptized to enter heaven, while other churches don't believe this.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:34 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,798,591 times
Quote:
Actually, the Book of the Dead proves that the ancient Egyptians once knew God and worshiped Him as the Amen, whom Enoch saw and reported on -pre-flood; They worshiped Him before they changed His truth into a lie, for they wrote of Him as Enoch wrote of Him, whom Enoch alone saw in heaven, hidden in mystery, but who was to come and is now come, revealed.
The Book of the Dead translated by Wallis Budge shows that the ancient Egyptians worshiped "Amen", the "Hidden God in heaven", who was seen only by Enoch there, and who is now come in flesh; and Jesus tells us that He is indeed the "Amen", the same whom the Egyptians worshiped in truth, as all nations once did, before they changed His glory into a lie...
Hahaha. It took you awhile to dredge up this latest pile of apologetics bull-shyte. You're slipping deary!

Amon was never worshipped as "the one true god" by the Egyptians. He was but one god in their pantheon. And The Book of The Dead doesn't mention Amon exclusively. The only time the Egpytians had a monotheistic religion was when the cult of Aten held sway.

It is obvious that Ahmose (Moses) borrowed upon the idea to start the Yahweh cult and used the Book of The Dead as an outline to author the Ten Commandments.

Sorry, but The Book of The Dead, along with other pre-Biblical works like the Enuma Elish, Epic of Gilgamesh etc - prove conclusively that your Bible and its god owe their existence to PAGAN sources.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Specifics huh?

Well, I'll start with one.

Some churches think you have to be baptized to enter heaven, while other churches don't believe this.
Do you mean that some teach baptismal regeneration?
But what does the Bible say? That is the point.
The Bible says a wet, unrepentant, unconverted sinner is still not going to heaven.
Water Baptism in the Bible is for converted Believers in Christ, who obey Jesus' command to repent and be baptized. Jesus did not say anywhere that one could be baptized and go to heaven -see?
Now if you say I am 'interpreting' by stating the above, I would ask you to just go look up what Jesus said. -See how simple it is?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Hahaha. It took you awhile to dredge up this latest pile of apologetics bull-shyte. You're slipping deary!

Amon was never worshipped as "the one true god" by the Egyptians. He was but one god in their pantheon. And The Book of The Dead doesn't mention Amon exclusively. The only time the Egpytians had a monotheistic religion was when the cult of Aten held sway.

It is obvious that Ahmose (Moses) borrowed upon the idea to start the Yahweh cult and used the Book of The Dead as an outline to author the Ten Commandments.

Sorry, but The Book of The Dead, along with other pre-Biblical works like the Enuma Elish, Epic of Gilgamesh etc - prove conclusively that your Bible and its god owe their existence to PAGAN sources.
Actually that is quoted from myself from another place which I long ago posted. I just did not see the reply to me on this thread until I responded to it a while ago.

Amon is Amen, one and the same, but changed into a lie, as Paul said in the book of Romans.
and what I posted is from the Book of the dead, and that is what Enoch showed the hidden God in heaven to be.
I also posted what Jesus said about Himself being the Amen.

Before Egypt rose to its post flood glory, only about 35-40 years after the fall of the Tower of Babel, Abram went to Egypt when Osiris was the King of Egypt [Osiris was later deified], at the time of a famine in the land of Canaan; and because of a dream Abram had about being killed for Sarai, by the Egyptians, because she was so beautiful, he asked her to say she was his sister [she was his niece, daughter of his dead brother Haran, and the sister to Lot and Melche, and technically a "sister", but not a sibling], so that they would not kill him. They did take Sarai to be a concubine to the Pharaoh because of her knockout beauty [from my own reading, I surmise that their women weren't so beautiful at that time because of what happened to those who colloborated with Nimrod at the Tower rebellion]; but because an angel of the LORD caused much distress to Pharaoh's household, he discovered that it was because of Sarai being Abram's wife, and he gave her back and the men of Pharaoh asked Abram to teach them wisdom and virtue when they returned her. Abram reports that he read to them from the book of Enoch.
You will find that information by reading in the Genesis Apocryphon in the DSS manuscript collection, and in the [real] book of Jasher.
So the Egyptians had the Book of Enoch's teachings from shortly after the fall of the tower of Babel. They did not rise to the height of their post flood glory until Joseph ruled Egypt as a father to the Pharaoh, for about 80 years. Under Joseph Egypt's enemies were subdued by his own armies, and Egypt rose to their highest glory, which was brought down at the time of the Exodus, which Exodus was less than 130 years [if I remember correctly] after Joseph died. -as pr the history book, the Book of Jasher. Book of Jasher

As to the epic of Gilgamesh, that is from a pre-flood happening, and perhaps rewritten as fiction from the basis in fact after the flood, during Mardon's time. Mardon/Marduk, son of Nimrod was very, very wicked and introduced wicked things, again, that had been done pre-flood by the fallen angels and their offspring.
and Enoch wrote the doom to the giants and mentioned Gilgamesh by name in the book of the Giants, from the DSS manuscript collection.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Actually that is quoted from myself from another place which I long ago posted. I just did not see the reply to me on this thread until I responded to it a while ago.

Amon is Amen, one and the same, but changed into a lie, as Paul said in the book of Romans.
and what I posted is from the Book of the dead, and that is what Enoch showed the hidden God in heaven to be.
I also posted what Jesus said about Himself being the Amen.

Before Egypt rose to its post flood glory, only about 35-40 years after the fall of the Tower of Babel, Abram went to Egypt when Osiris was the King of Egypt [Osiris was later deified], at the time of a famine in the land of Canaan; and because of a dream Abram had about being killed for Sarai, by the Egyptians, because she was so beautiful, he asked her to say she was his sister [she was his niece, daughter of his dead brother Haran, and the sister to Lot and Melche, and technically a "sister", but not a sibling], so that they would not kill him. They did take Sarai to be a concubine to the Pharaoh because of her knockout beauty [from my own reading, I surmise that their women weren't so beautiful at that time because of what happened to those who colloborated with Nimrod at the Tower rebellion]; but because an angel of the LORD caused much distress to Pharaoh's household, he discovered that it was because of Sarai being Abram's wife, and he gave her back and the men of Pharaoh asked Abram to teach them wisdom and virtue when they returned her. Abram reports that he read to them from the book of Enoch.
You will find that information by reading in the Genesis Apocryphon in the DSS manuscript collection, and in the [real] book of Jasher.
So the Egyptians had the Book of Enoch's teachings from shortly after the fall of the tower of Babel. They did not rise to the height of their post flood glory until Joseph ruled Egypt as a father to the Pharaoh, for about 80 years. Under Joseph Egypt's enemies were subdued by his own armies, and Egypt rose to their highest glory, which was brought down at the time of the Exodus, which Exodus was less than 130 years [if I remember correctly] after Joseph died. -as pr the history book, the Book of Jasher. Book of Jasher

As to the epic of Gilgamesh, that is from a pre-flood happening, and perhaps rewritten as fiction from the basis in fact after the flood, during Mardon's time. Mardon/Marduk, son of Nimrod was very, very wicked and introduced wicked things, again, that had been done pre-flood by the fallen angels and their offspring.
and Enoch wrote the doom to the giants and mentioned Gilgamesh by name in the book of the Giants, from the DSS manuscript collection.
Wow. All I can say is that I have never met ANYONE as deep into apologetics BULLSHYTE as you, my dear. Hell, you're beyond apologetics. You're in a world of your own. All your "pre-flood", "post-flood" ramblings are irrelevant since, uhm - there WAS NO FLOOD. Again, REAL history and REAL archaeology show plainly the origins of your god, your Bible and your religion. All are cheap plagiarizations of pagan originals.

As I said before.. PLEASE be a Poe. I can't stand the thought that there is anyone in real life this bat-shyt insane.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:27 AM

240 posts, read 437,144 times
Default The Bible

Quote:
So, stick with THE most edited, error ridden and mistranslated version?

Why?

that is entirely your opinion in order to understand the original King James version you have to pray for understanding because no matter what Bible you read everyone is going to have their own opinion of what they get out of it.No one see's the Bible the same way your understanding will always be different than someone else."The Bible is like a loaded gun put it in the right hand it can be a protector but in the wrong hand it can be a deadly weapon to the soul

Old 08-27-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
that is entirely your opinion in order to understand the original King James version you have to pray for understanding
Ahh yes, the old "pray for understanding" BS. This one's even more ridiculous and contrived than the "you must be lead by the holy spirit" schtik. Just an excuse to ignore all the errors and contradictions in the book.

Quote:
because no matter what Bible you read everyone is going to have their own opinion of what they get out of it. No one see's the Bible the same way your understanding will always be different than someone else.
Then that makes the Bible pretty useless as an objective moral guide and certainly dispells any notion that a god was involved in its creation.

Quote:
"The Bible is like a loaded gun put it in the right hand it can be a protector but in the wrong hand it can be a deadly weapon to the soul
And in an unbiased hand it can be used to cure one of the disease of Christianity

Old 08-27-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Ahh yes, the old "pray for understanding" BS. This one's even more ridiculous and contrived than the "you must be lead by the holy spirit" schtik. Just an excuse to ignore all the errors and contradictions in the book.
Actually, the original language, only, can truly be used to understand difficult passages which are made difficult by the bias', prejudices and misunderstandings of the translators -even the most honest ones. It says what it says, but some don't believe it says what it says, and some are not instructed in the TorahWord to be "teachers", and so they translate without the understanding needed. Be that as it may: Jesus is the Message, and no one can miss that message in any translation.

And as to understanding given by the Holy Spirit:
Psa 119:18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy Torah/Word [law].
Secret, wonderful things are 'hidden' in His Law =Torah, and when He opens the eyes one "sees/understands" -and Jesus the Christ is the Torah/Word made flesh.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:11 PM

Did anyone else hear a buzzing sound?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality