Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2020, 03:20 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,058,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
And you apparently think I haven't.
I have no idea how you can say what you did in light of Ephesians 2. It is right there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 03:25 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,613,557 times
Quote:
It's actually shameful how even people within the same denomination of Christianity treat others within their own denomination, based on differences in how various points of doctrine are interpreted. (I'm speaking from experience on this.)
Interpretation was just another omnigods many mistakes.

Especially with such an important message if any of this is true

Old 10-21-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Look at the hyperbole you use in YOUR christianity.

"at war with god" "children of satan".

Now let's start with just this question (cause I wouldn't want to confuse you): who are these children who were not god's creation?
It's what the Bible actually says.

Romans 8:7 "The sinful mind is at war with God. It does not obey God's law. It can't."

And Jesus referred to those that are not in him as children of Satan.

John 8:44 "You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

Old 10-21-2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:
It's actually shameful how even people within the same denomination of Christianity treat others within their own denomination, based on differences in how various points of doctrine are interpreted. (I'm speaking from experience on this.)
Yes. It is shameful. I've quoted chapter and verse and you guys continue to attack me, suggesting that I'm lying.

Just read the text. That's all I ask. This is not personal. I'm simply quoting Scripture.

Old 10-21-2020, 03:29 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,613,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

Romans 8:7 "The sinful mind is at war with God. It does not obey God's law. It can't."

John 8:44 "You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
It sounds like jesus is a big failure

Old 10-21-2020, 03:55 PM

50,979 posts, read 24,476,005 times
Quote:

1. But you admit that you are all sinners...so you are at war with god.

2. So again, are you saying that some children when they are born were not created by god? Perhaps another god in the next county over?

Old 10-21-2020, 04:04 PM

50,979 posts, read 24,476,005 times
Quote:
Yes. It is shameful. I've quoted chapter and verse and you guys continue to attack me, suggesting that I'm lying.

Just read the text. That's all I ask. This is not personal. I'm simply quoting Scripture.
Mostly people are not suggesting that you are lying. Most are suggesting that you are wrong.

Old 10-21-2020, 04:46 PM

28,115 posts, read 30,036,941 times
Quote:
I have no idea how you can say what you did in light of Ephesians 2. It is right there.
The only verse I can imagine you are thinking of is verse 3, in which we are described as being "by nature the children of wrath." I don't know if it would come as a surprise to you that Mormonism actually teaches that "the natural man is an enemy to God." That's pretty much the same thing, as I see it. But the fact remains that we're not guilty of sin until we commit sin. Yes, we as human beings are very much pre-disposed to be sinful, to do things our consciences tell us are wrong. But sinning requires an intent to disobey, and you can't have that intent until you're of an age when you can understand the difference between right and wrong. Do you honestly believe God sends newborn babies who die to an eternity of eternal torment. If you say He does, I've got to wonder what kind of God you worship. If you say He doesn't, and that He's merciful in instances where a baby or small child dies, you're saying He is inconsistent and doesn't even judge according to His own rules.

Old 10-21-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:

When have I EVER suggested that you're lying? I've suggested that you're incorrectly interpreting scripture, but that's not the same thing as suggesting that you're lying. It's not even close.

Old 10-21-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
It sounds like jesus is a big failure
Why blame Jesus? It sounds more like people are misunderstanding His gospel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality