Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 10:42 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,016,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
you just have to look in our solar system to know that evolution really is man made using scientific calculations made by greek philosophers. they are presenting a life cycle process that was made/designed that way. apparently those complex processes only happen here on earth. they have been on the moon and space since 1960s or earlier, but didn't find any evolutionary process in other planets. and ur link in vedic thingy is good. i thought einstein is atheist?

and they are talking about strawman. what do they call what they are doing? they say they have evidence to support it, like the DNA and the like NOT knowing it HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE. the difference is: it ONLY took them what, 2000 or so years to discover it. pleeease.

it is just like when columbus or other voyagers discovered america and the countries we know now, it HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE.
There you go again baket, making claims you have no evidence for. There are several flaws in your argument. For one, you're assuming life on other planets will be the same as it is on earth. Secondly, you're making the assumption that every other planet works the same as it does on earth. Thirdly, you're making the assumption that every planet has been observed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 10:48 AM

354 posts, read 749,590 times
well then how can you say evolution is a fact if it only applies on one planet of the solar system? for it to be a fact, it has to be universally applicable. in this case, the universe. literally.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:55 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
well then how can you say evolution is a fact if it only applies on one planet of the solar system? for it to be a fact, it has to be universally applicable. in this case, the universe. literally.
This has to be a chain-pull right?

Old 03-29-2010, 10:59 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

The true driver of evolution, and there really is one, is the adaptability of the DNA molecule
so lifes here not because of some intellegent designer but rather something that has no intellegence at all-a DNA molecule,even Einstein and Issac Newton could admit their was intellegence behind it all-they were intellegent enough to know that their are greater things than themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
But if there's some chance mutation that happens to be positive? Why of course, logically, that one will benefit the organism, make it more effective, more complex perhaps, and more likely to pass on that newly engrained information to all of it's subsequent offspring, their offspring, and on up the line.
im just wondering what is the chance of the mutated gene positivly effecting the species
would it need almost 100% chance for the theory to work
what i mean is that out of all the mutations that we know of how many actually benefited the genome-ive heard from yas 1 or 2 ,white skin/malaria bug -but what about the rest ,i dont know meself so im asking yous honestly

Old 03-29-2010, 11:09 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
I have explained to you carefully why this is untrue, but apparently you have no intention of learning anything new, but would rather remain ignorant...Silly me because I actually thought you wanted to learn something...Fool me once.....

Old 03-29-2010, 12:06 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,016,556 times
Quote:
Is learning too challenging baket. It has been clearly explained to you a multitude of times why this claim is untrue, yet you still purport it is true.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:35 PM

310 posts, read 589,537 times
Quote:
It boggles the mind how you cling so desperately to your misconceptions, even when you've been repeatedly shown how very ignorant and incorrect they are.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:58 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Frankly, what I don't understand, well actually I do, is that if you have even a basic appreciation of the science of evolution and cosmology, god would seem so immeasurably grander than anything the Bible could possibly conjure up. Spacetime, quantum theories, black holes, nebulas, the immense diversity of speciation and the complexity of the organisms that comprise life on Earth, so far outstrip the picayune miracles of the Bible as to make them seem like the most mundane of events. No more important than a summer rainstorm. Of course that would require abandoning the literalness of the Bible. What a pity.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:30 PM

354 posts, read 749,590 times
ovcatto: but u know your scientists themselves is so damn proud of what they "discover" that they claim it is not from God, since a god can't create complex and grand stuff like that. scientists proved their evidence and claim it a "phenomena", natural occurence, not God's. it can NEVER or even be possibly created by a supreme being. i also don't know if u know, but everytime i watch discovery channel, or any space explorations, that EXACTLY is what i realize, the very thing u say.

what i am against is science's denial that it is God's creation.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:36 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
ovcatto: but u know your scientists themselves is so damn proud of what they "discover" that they claim it is not from God, since a god can't create complex and grand stuff like that. scientists proved their evidence and claim it a "phenomena", natural occurence, not God's. it can NEVER or even be possibly created by a supreme being. i also don't know if u know, but everytime i watch discovery channel, or any space explorations, that EXACTLY is what i realize, the very thing u say.

what i am against is science's denial that it is God's creation.
Science neither confirm nor deny. However, there are scientists that do, as well as scientists that don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality