Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would God punish His children forever
definitely 9 24.32%
never in an eternity would He 28 75.68%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 07:42 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
that very last sentence-do you live in sinful nature-if so your no better than anyone else who does-and if you ask Jesus for forgiveness then keep on sinning then you are not sincere in your repentance
Like every other believer, I live according to the Spirit, who indwells me. Believer's sins have been forgiven, once & for all. God has promised to "remember then no more".

IA (and so does Scripture) with your last sentence.

Quote:
who wrote the book of romans
Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 07:43 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yes! Christ is preparing Heaven for those who love & serve Him. Why would those who reject Christ want to be with Him for eternity?

I plan to be deliriously happy in Heaven!!!
even though you know that people will be suffering so much probly even alot of people you know personaly as freinds and family-thats bad.

what if you dont go to heaven after this life-will you be dissapointed

Old 03-29-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
even though you know that people will be suffering so much probly even alot of people you know personaly as freinds and family-thats bad.
There will be no sorrow in heaven, only rejoicing.
"And there will be NO MORE death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever." Rev. 21:3-4

Quote:
what if you dont go to heaven after this life-will you be dissapointed
John 3

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son

Old 03-29-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
There will be no sorrow in heaven, only rejoicing.
"And there will be NO MORE death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever." Rev. 21:3-4

John 3

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son
o.k. jimmiej whatever you say-everytime i ask you somethin or your opinion you just keep blurting out bible quotes -its seems to me that your not able to have an opinion maybe youve been brainwashed-well that is how it appears anyway -are you not allowed to question your beleifs or does the bible teach blind faith-actually dont awnser that because i know im goin to get a bible quote-you have completely missed the point of this whole thread -illusion sucks m8,im so glad i dont have all that in my head anymore-the truth will set you free-beleive me it does-and i know where your comin from and your probly not even a bad person but dont be throwing your condemnation at me-i know God is LOVE and that LOVE wouldnt have anything to do with a system like that-maybe satan would he probly would'nt mind watching people suffer for eternity(that is if he exists)but not God -God has a better plan,one that will make sure we all Go home, because that is where we came from and that is our destination- could take billions of lifetimes or just one but in the end we will all go back home-if what you say is true then God is no better than satan -but if you can let go of the fear you have of this eternal hell place and God then maybe you can start loving Him for the sake of love and not fear-do you really think God wants you coming to Him out of fear, or out of love-actually dont awnser that because i know ill just get a load of bible quotes again-anyway if you want to beleive that God is going to destroy His children just because its written in some book then go ahead but its only common sense to understand that LOVE would not do that nor would I(and im only human,my love is flawed at the moment)nor would you nor would any sane man ,so dont think that we are better than God because His LOVE is unconditional and He has an unlimited amount of mercy,commpassion and tolerance-He set this life up for us to learn He wouldnt punish us forever just because we didnt get it the first time around.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:54 PM

701 posts, read 800,848 times
Quote:
That there is no Hell is a lie from Satan. You would do well to run from such thoughts. Read your Bible! Read Jesus' words concerning Hell.
Actually, Biblically speaking, Hell (as it is most commonly portrayed by most of Christianity) does not currently exist. Check out this site for some great exposition on the subject. The Truth About Hell - Does Hell Burn Forever?

Old 03-29-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
what im tryin to say is that if this one life is going to determine whether we live in bliss forever or live in hell or be annhialated then wouldnt God give us all the same chance-would He bother putting people here as hindus or bhuddists or anything apart from that which gets you into heaven-if He realy wants everyone to go to heaven then everyone will go to heaven,for Gods will must and will be done,if He sent someone here to be a hindu then He would only be tricking them into a false life that they are not going to know any difference about-if they are brought up a hindu then its a 99.999% chance that they will die a hindu-why would God leave such a small % of a chance for them to be saved bye some other faith that they would probly never hear about-if you say then that they dont hear about the bible and God will judge them on their charachter then wouldnt it be better that none of us hear about it and thus be judged on our charachter.

if your saying that Gods just decision on kids will be that they all get to heaven-after all they are only kids-then wouldnt it be better for us all to die as kids and get the best result in the after life-if this were true i'd kill me own kids now and gaurantee them a place in heaven rather than them growing up and make a decision that could ultimately end their existance or worse suffer for eternity
God does not "send" people here. He created Adam here on this planet and gave him something called free will. From that moment on humans have come together to procreate and their offspring are free to make their own choices. Choice, it is a powerful thing. God does not "put" people here as Hindus, Muslims, Christians, or any other group.

Now, here is a reality that you don't here from Christians very often; God's will is not always done. God wants every person to choose Him, but He will not force them to. What is your understanding of free will? What your understanding of true love as it relates to free will? Can someone truly love you if they don't have the ability to hate you?

I never said what God's decision would be regarding kids. I only said that whatever His decision is, it will be just.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:23 AM

290 posts, read 388,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
1 John 4:8 says that "God is love." He has proved this love to the world through His Son Jesus. However, little thought is given to the fact that He is also Holy, Righteous and Just and that He will do exactly what John 3:36 says will be done ... "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."
That doesn't necessarily mean literally thrown into a physical place of hellfire and pain. It could be a metaphor or represent spiritual suffering or confusion. I disagree that a God who is supposed to be all-loving and all-merciful could allow his children to suffer eternally without the possibility of reformation.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
o.k. jimmiej whatever you say-everytime i ask you somethin or your opinion you just keep blurting out bible quotes -its seems to me that your not able to have an opinion maybe youve been brainwashed-well that is how it appears anyway -are you not allowed to question your beleifs or does the bible teach blind faith-actually dont awnser that because i know im goin to get a bible quote-you have completely missed the point of this whole thread -illusion sucks m8,im so glad i dont have all that in my head anymore-the truth will set you free-beleive me it does-and i know where your comin from and your probly not even a bad person but dont be throwing your condemnation at me-i know God is LOVE and that LOVE wouldnt have anything to do with a system like that-maybe satan would he probly would'nt mind watching people suffer for eternity(that is if he exists)but not God -God has a better plan,one that will make sure we all Go home, because that is where we came from and that is our destination- could take billions of lifetimes or just one but in the end we will all go back home-if what you say is true then God is no better than satan -but if you can let go of the fear you have of this eternal hell place and God then maybe you can start loving Him for the sake of love and not fear-do you really think God wants you coming to Him out of fear, or out of love-actually dont awnser that because i know ill just get a load of bible quotes again-anyway if you want to beleive that God is going to destroy His children just because its written in some book then go ahead but its only common sense to understand that LOVE would not do that nor would I(and im only human,my love is flawed at the moment)nor would you nor would any sane man ,so dont think that we are better than God because His LOVE is unconditional and He has an unlimited amount of mercy,commpassion and tolerance-He set this life up for us to learn He wouldnt punish us forever just because we didnt get it the first time around.
Your posts are very difficult to read. You should try using puncuation & paragraphs. That's got to be the world's longest sentence!

Old 03-30-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
God does not "send" people here. He created Adam here on this planet and gave him something called free will. From that moment on humans have come together to procreate and their offspring are free to make their own choices. Choice, it is a powerful thing. God does not "put" people here as Hindus, Muslims, Christians, or any other group.

Now, here is a reality that you don't here from Christians very often; God's will is not always done. God wants every person to choose Him, but He will not force them to. What is your understanding of free will? What your understanding of true love as it relates to free will? Can someone truly love you if they don't have the ability to hate you?

I never said what God's decision would be regarding kids. I only said that whatever His decision is, it will be just.
do you know what a soul is
do you know that the soul is different than the material body
do you know that although the body goes through many changes in this life,the soul does not
do you know that the soul can live without the body but the body cant live without the soul
do you know that the soul is made of the same energy as God's energy-pure spirit
do you know that this pure spirit is eternal
we've always existed-if this is our only life then God would give everyone the same chance-people wouldnt suffer more than others-it just would'nt be fair-
have you ever asked yourself why good people suffer
our life dosent begin with birth nor end with death

if what you say is true then God has created a very imperfect system that works against mankind

Old 03-30-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
do you know what a soul is
do you know that the soul is different than the material body
do you know that although the body goes through many changes in this life,the soul does not
do you know that the soul can live without the body but the body cant live without the soul
do you know that the soul is made of the same energy as God's energy-pure spirit
do you know that this pure spirit is eternal
we've always existed-if this is our only life then God would give everyone the same chance-people wouldnt suffer more than others-it just would'nt be fair-
have you ever asked yourself why good people suffer
our life dosent begin with birth nor end with death

if what you say is true then God has created a very imperfect system that works against mankind
A soul is simply, a human life. I did not exist, prior to my birth, and if I die I will cease exist until I'm ressurrected. A human being use their brain to process every though, either subconcious or concious. When a human being dies, that brain, decomposes rendering it useless and non existant, which what happens to our conciousness. Immortality is reserved for God alone. The reason will live forever in heaven is because we will once again have acces to the tree of life, not because we are innately immortal. One of Satan's biggest lies, circulated throught the centuries, is this notion of an immortal soul/spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality