Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2016, 08:28 PM

1,042 posts, read 875,003 times

Advertisements

I painted another old, stained formica cabinet, and now it really looks and feels like granite. It was boring cleaning the bricks on the red fireplace, and the red brick planter, and the red brick 60s' retro bar, but I am so Excited to paint them all a creamy beige this weekend.

And really, I do things like this rarely, but I was looking for lasagna noodles in my pantry, and came across a box of those bad as twinkies swiss rolls. I made a pot of coffee and ate the entire box while watching movies online. this is a rarity. I really enjoyed them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 10:42 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times
I finally got to book 20 days in Europe on my credit card awards. I might be able to book another week some where free. Not the best hotels but I don't care. They are good enough for me and my husband.

Old 02-05-2016, 04:50 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
Glad to see this thread is still going with new examples of happy folks. We can all smile in posters allowing us to share their good times.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:42 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,911,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Glad to see this thread is still going with new examples of happy folks. We can all smile in posters allowing us to share their good times.

I'm glad to see it too. I'm enjoying it. And I'm still happy!

I was offered a Customer Service Mgr. job at work. It would have been a little more money but I turned it down. I'm getting another raise in March anyway so it's okay. I don't like their schedules. I don't want to have to be there before 6 AM or stay till 11 PM, have weird days off and open availability...ALL hours. It took me five years to get a truly acceptable schedule and I LIKE it. I know I would have done a good job but, no thanks. Also, I would have lost my training position and I like training newbies.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:35 AM

812 posts, read 795,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
I painted another old, stained formica cabinet, and now it really looks and feels like granite. It was boring cleaning the bricks on the red fireplace, and the red brick planter, and the red brick 60s' retro bar, but I am so Excited to paint them all a creamy beige this weekend.

And really, I do things like this rarely, but I was looking for lasagna noodles in my pantry, and came across a box of those bad as twinkies swiss rolls. I made a pot of coffee and ate the entire box while watching movies online. this is a rarity. I really enjoyed them!
Haha! Those swiss cake rolls are pretty darn good!

Old 02-06-2016, 08:30 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,589,099 times
Crossed off three Items on my Honey do list! Wifey very happy

Old 02-06-2016, 07:20 PM

1,042 posts, read 875,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Crossed off three Items on my Honey do list! Wifey very happy
"Happy wife. Happy Life!

Old 02-06-2016, 10:35 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,537,988 times
My gorgeous and talented great-niece came through town this week while traveling cross-country. She's an aerial silk artist on her way to Vermont to attend a rigorous 3-year course in that art. I haven't seen her since she was in high school but we immediately bonded. She's a free spirit who is self-supporting and living her dream. Her energy and zest for life were contagious.
She's one of several vagabond artists in my and DH's life, we cherish them all.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:14 AM

14,254 posts, read 14,754,235 times
I been having a hankering for oysters. Last night (early, about 5) I went to an Oyster Bar. A scotch and 12 oysters later I was feeling content but wanted something more to eat but nothing on their menu appealed to me. I left and headed back to my car but I remembered a bar/restaurant place (close to my car) that I was told it was a mixed (black and white, I am white) and an over 40 crowd. I decided to stop in for a drink and an appetizer at the bar. Was about 6pm. I sat at the bar. About 4 stools away was a good looking black woman also eating at the bar. The bartender was very gregarious and doing card tricks. Soon 3 or 4 of us were gathered at the bar watching the card tricks, chatting, laughing. The lady and I hit it off. Both single. Her about 50ish. Me 70ish. Her first time there and also mine.

Long story short. I walked here to her car (was about 8pm). Gave her my calling card and said if you care to meet again call me. She hugged me , kissed me on the cheek, and said I enjoyed you. I will call.

Great night. Oysters and a good looking woman..........LOL

Old 02-08-2016, 08:16 AM

251 posts, read 244,849 times
My husband early-retired 6 months ago and it has been such a time of transition and adjustment. Things are finally starting to feel like a "new normal" (yay) and we just booked a monthlong trip to the blue ridge mountains������
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement