Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2017, 06:58 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Is it just me, or has anyone else found difficulty in simply ANSWERING an Android smart phone incoming call?
Android.........which smart phone is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 07:23 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,305,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Android.........which smart phone is that?
Any smart phone that uses the Android operating system. To distinguish it from Apple iPhones, for example.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:45 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Any smart phone that uses the Android operating system. To distinguish it from Apple iPhones, for example.
Then an Apple phone is not the Android?

Old 12-20-2017, 07:46 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
No. Android is the operating system, so to speak.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-20-2017, 09:06 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,700,835 times
All my smart phones have been Androids, no problems answering calls. I find the operation of an Android easy and logical.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:49 AM

1,155 posts, read 963,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Seriously? You're paying $100/month with NO data plan? (Who talks 1000 hours anyway?)

I have unlimited talk and text with 4Gb rollover plan with AT&T and my monthly bill is $65 with taxes.
T-Mobile has a 55+ plan that gives you TWO lines with unlimited data, texts, and calls for $60. Only one of the users has to be 55 or over to qualify. I don't even think about data use anymore. And their service works seamlessly overseas for unlimited data and texts. You just arrive in most countries and are greeted with a message saying that all data and texts are free. While you're abroad, though, calls are $0.20/minute, in contrast to back in the USA, where they're free. I never call, though, when I'm traveling. Just text and use data.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:53 AM

1,155 posts, read 963,227 times
Quote:
Apple iphones use the IOS operating system. Google developed the Android operating system, which is used in phones such as Samsung, LG, HTC.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:00 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josie13 View Post
T-Mobile has a 55+ plan that gives you TWO lines with unlimited data, texts, and calls for $60. Only one of the users has to be 55 or over to qualify. I don't even think about data use anymore. And their service works seamlessly overseas for unlimited data and texts. You just arrive in most countries and are greeted with a message saying that all data and texts are free. While you're abroad, though, calls are $0.20/minute, in contrast to back in the USA, where they're free. I never call, though, when I'm traveling. Just text and use data.
Interesting about unlimited data. I thought everyone stopped doing that. I had TM ten years ago and found that anytime I strayed a few miles from the interstate outside of a major urban area I ended up on ATT network with no data. I really got tired of having no data while friends with ATT or Verizon had no issues. Maybe coverage has improved.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:07 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,833,337 times
I know I pay more than I have to by sticking to Verizon, but it is the network that works reliably outside the city and over some of the mtn passes here (although there are still several areas here with no coverage at all, particularly once you get into the mountains).

I always laugh when I see some of the commercials that claim that whatever network has the same coverage and look for the asterisk that says:
*Except for where PNW-type-gal lives.

T-Mobile, Sprint and ATT are particularly bad.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:20 AM

7,899 posts, read 7,114,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
I know I pay more than I have to by sticking to Verizon, but it is the network that works reliably outside the city and over some of the mtn passes here (although there are still several areas here with no coverage at all, particularly once you get into the mountains).

I always laugh when I see some of the commercials that claim that whatever network has the same coverage and look for the asterisk that says:
*Except for where PNW-type-gal lives.

T-Mobile, Sprint and ATT are particularly bad.

You are confusing coverage and reliability. Some of the ads play into this confusion. Reliability pertains to such factors as dropped calls and emails or test messages that are not sent. Coverage refers to the extent of geographical coverage permitting access to a useable signal. All of the networks do well regarding reliability in the areas they cover. There is still a big difference in coverage. "Paul" is not lying through his teeth, but he certainly is taking advantage of the confusion in terms. Personally, I think those Paul ads are enough that I would not want to deal with a con artist scumbag company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement