Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 07:33 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaminade View Post
Overrated. Makes doing things that requiring thinking a hassle. Makes you lazy and makes you eat too much. Unhealthy to ingest smoke. Sometimes provides euphoria for otherwise pleasurable things like listening to music or enjoying fun things.
Despite weed being sort of legal, employers can still drug test by snipping your hair to see what you've been up to the past several months.
This isn't true as a blanket statement. First of all for people like myself (ADHD) it cuts through the paralysis of inaction due to ADD and gives me energy. I get much more done after I smoke than before. It's not like 1970's pot. In any legal Cannibis store, they have dozens and dozens of strains, developed to treat a variety of different things. There are strains for people with PTSD and anxiety, strains to help you sleep, strains to give you energy, low THC concentration strains, strains for chronic pain, etc.

There is no requirement to smoke. Legal states have edibles, tinctures, vapes. Actually you can buy apparatus to avoid smoke online in any state. The one I have is the same one I see people using in the hospital during segments on medical use. When I worked for a large hospital system, the hospital had educators come in from a local dispensary to give seminars on it to the staff. Face it, it is now a mainstream treatment for many things, it is not just to veg on the couch and eat anymore.

Everyone is aware that you can still be tested by employers. Most often it's only at hire, and very, very few use hair tests as they are very expensive compared to urine. I have had only one hair test in 30 years of working, numerous jobs sites.

Not sure what you mean by "sort of legal" unless you're referring to the Federal ban.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
You gave me a flashback.

I have much love for my LSD experiences at age 16!
I would actually love to be able to do one of those medically guided LSD treatments. There has been much written about it and it appears to be breakthrough treatment for many with depression and other mental problems. Saw a segment on 60 minutes, the woman suffered chronic and debilitating depression that no drug or treatment helped. Then she went through this, and it changed her life. Would love to see if it can help my anxiety. It only takes one time, too. They were actually making strides in this research as early as the 1950's, but when it became illegal in the states in the mid-60's the research stopped.

https://adf.org.au/insights/lsd-therapeutic-treatment/

Old 10-06-2020, 09:33 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,657,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I would actually love to be able to do one of those medically guided LSD treatments. There has been much written about it and it appears to be breakthrough treatment for many with depression and other mental problems. Saw a segment on 60 minutes, the woman suffered chronic and debilitating depression that no drug or treatment helped. Then she went through this, and it changed her life. Would love to see if it can help my anxiety. It only takes one time, too. They were actually making strides in this research as early as the 1950's, but when it became illegal in the states in the mid-60's the research stopped.

I would love it, as well.

I think it's ridiculous that even studies of it have been banned for so long. Evidently, there is current research going on for medical uses. I just hope they hurry so I can try it before I croak.

Old 10-06-2020, 11:47 AM

14,254 posts, read 14,754,235 times
Years back I was active in Legalize Pot movement but I was asked to leave as I kept forgetting where I left the petitions.

Old 10-09-2020, 05:19 AM

7,190 posts, read 9,327,431 times
Quote:

Perhaps magic mushrooms?

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-ar...ushrooms-22085

Magic mushrooms have been used for thousands of years for both spiritual and medicinal uses among indigenous people of America and Europe.

In 2018, researchers from John Hopkins University recommended reclassification of the drug from Schedule I to Schedule IV in order to allow for medical use. Studies suggest that psilocybin can be used to treat cancer-related psychiatric distress, depression, anxiety, nicotine addiction, and substance use disorders.

In 2019, Denver became the first city to decriminalize mushrooms. Oakland became the second city less than a month later. This does not mean that shrooms are legal but that the city is not permitted to "spend resources to impose criminal penalties" on people in possession of the drug.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Perhaps magic mushrooms?

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-ar...ushrooms-22085

Magic mushrooms have been used for thousands of years for both spiritual and medicinal uses among indigenous people of America and Europe.

In 2018, researchers from John Hopkins University recommended reclassification of the drug from Schedule I to Schedule IV in order to allow for medical use. Studies suggest that psilocybin can be used to treat cancer-related psychiatric distress, depression, anxiety, nicotine addiction, and substance use disorders.

In 2019, Denver became the first city to decriminalize mushrooms. Oakland became the second city less than a month later. This does not mean that shrooms are legal but that the city is not permitted to "spend resources to impose criminal penalties" on people in possession of the drug.
I don't think just taking them on your own or with friends does the trick (if it did I'd have been cured in the 70's, lol.) There is a facilitator there to guide you through it during the treatment. Some of the retreats for it (all in other countries) are a week to 2 weeks long. Chelsea Handler did it in Peru I think, and she said it changed her life. She had suffered from mild depression that hung over her like a cloud, and it was gone afterward. But it shows great promise for PTSD, addictions, OCD, even cluster headaches.

That's great that some cities are looking the other way. I had not realized Denver decriminalized it, that's great! They need to do that with all drugs. It's not a policing issue, it's a health issue. People don't realize that having a drug Schedule One (including marijuana which is plain stupid) little research can be done because the hoops to jump through are too onerous.

Old 10-09-2020, 01:38 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,653,002 times
Quote:

Me too! I was reading about it also. I've never tried it, but I would under supervision for depression relief.

At least friends from Colombia finally came through, so we got stocked back up on mj. The uninterrupted good night's rest is so appreciated! We have a vape-machine but I might make some coconut cookies too.

Old 10-09-2020, 04:49 PM

7,190 posts, read 9,327,431 times
The case for funding psychedelics to treat mental health

Scientists are developing psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms, into a treatment for depression.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...silocybin-mdma

Old 10-10-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Me too! I was reading about it also. I've never tried it, but I would under supervision for depression relief.

At least friends from Colombia finally came through, so we got stocked back up on mj. The uninterrupted good night's rest is so appreciated! We have a vape-machine but I might make some coconut cookies too.
Yum, they sound good! I've not tried to cook with it yet.

Old 10-10-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
The case for funding psychedelics to treat mental health

Scientists are developing psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms, into a treatment for depression.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...silocybin-mdma
That's awesome! Unfortunately says it will be years away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement