Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 10:50 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times

Advertisements

Somebody needs to lose their job..

News Radio 1200 WOAI San Antonio Texas

Old 02-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,123,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Somebody needs to lose their job..

News Radio 1200 WOAI San Antonio Texas
That is a screwy requirement. Why just male dogs? Why set the cutoff at 20 pounds?

Don't worry. It'll never make it to the floor for a vote.

I think I'll start a thread about it in the Texas forum.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:41 PM

Just got an e-mail from Delta saying they now have paperless check-in via smart phones in 52 cities and SAT is one of them

too bad my next flight is on Southwest..

Old 02-11-2011, 10:16 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,481,358 times
I had a bad experience with Delta so it's no surprise they have the most customer service complaints and they're now sending employees to "charm school."

Old 02-12-2011, 01:45 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,713,617 times
Interesting.......

Is your Wi-Fi secure? | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

Old 02-12-2011, 06:30 AM

Hopefully that isn't breaking news to many...

Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,446,284 times
Well guys - I'm gone! Leaving San Antonio and moving to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I'll miss breakfast tacos, taco cabana, bill millers, GOOD bbq, wearing shorts/ t-shirt practically all year, am 1200, the drive straight up highway 16, beautiful hills right outside the city and one very steep road whose view makes you feel like you're on top of the world, the small town feel while being in a big city, and having so much to do!

I will not miss - traffic! graffiti, violent crime, a lack of seasons, seeing graffiti ruin nice buildings, fast food joints on nearly every corner, the excessively sad number of stray dogs/cats in certain areas, rivers being mostly dry or low, water rationing, droughts, brown grass, brown golf courses, having to deal with the "boom" of drivers trying to make themselves deaf, high number of homeless/homeless scam rings, car state inspections, being stranded in doors because going out will put you in a heat stroke, cockroaches, hm...what else.

Anyway, I've been up here a month, my wife and I are closing on our first home soon, and I need to go buy a snow blower because like hell am I shoveling a driveway + sidewalk of snow each and every time it storms. I've never thought I'd learn how my car drives on ice (hint - not very well), or that one night out in -10 degrees will quickly kill a new car battery (thanks AAA!). I've never thought I'd yearn for a Russian hat because my ears are freezing, seriously consider insulated underwear, or give in to the wife and put on a scarf...

Goes to show, life is funny! My Texas license plates may go, but that "San Antonio Spurs" bumper sticker will stay!

Just thought I'd say bye...

Old 02-13-2011, 02:19 AM

Default "Porque Mi Corazon Nunca Ha Pertenecido Aqui......."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Well guys - I'm gone! Leaving San Antonio and moving to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I'll miss breakfast tacos, taco cabana, bill millers, GOOD bbq, wearing shorts/ t-shirt practically all year, am 1200, the drive straight up highway 16, beautiful hills right outside the city and one very steep road whose view makes you feel like you're on top of the world, the small town feel while being in a big city, and having so much to do!

I will not miss - traffic! graffiti, violent crime, a lack of seasons, seeing graffiti ruin nice buildings, fast food joints on nearly every corner, the excessively sad number of stray dogs/cats in certain areas, rivers being mostly dry or low, water rationing, droughts, brown grass, brown golf courses, having to deal with the "boom" of drivers trying to make themselves deaf, high number of homeless/homeless scam rings, car state inspections, being stranded in doors because going out will put you in a heat stroke, cockroaches, hm...what else.

Anyway, I've been up here a month, my wife and I are closing on our first home soon, and I need to go buy a snow blower because like hell am I shoveling a driveway + sidewalk of snow each and every time it storms. I've never thought I'd learn how my car drives on ice (hint - not very well), or that one night out in -10 degrees will quickly kill a new car battery (thanks AAA!). I've never thought I'd yearn for a Russian hat because my ears are freezing, seriously consider insulated underwear, or give in to the wife and put on a scarf...

Goes to show, life is funny! My Texas license plates may go, but that "San Antonio Spurs" bumper sticker will stay!

Just thought I'd say bye...
I sincerely-wish you and your wife My Best on your move, TEBM.....

Here lately, as well I have actually finally found myself also seriously thinking in-depth of my own eventual leaving of San Antonio.....and Texas.....but due to Certain Family Ties, well, you know what I mean, I quite cannot just yet.....

Good for you!

Old 02-13-2011, 03:19 AM

Interesting.....found them elsewhere:

* Eleven Rules of Life:

RULE 1 Life is not fair - get used to it.

RULE 2 The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

RULE 3 You will NOT make 40 thousand dollars a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice president with car phone, until you earn both.

RULE 4 If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss. He doesn't have tenure.

RULE 5 Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger flipping they called it Opportunity.

RULE 6 If you mess up,it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

RULE 7 Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you are. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

RULE 8 Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life has not. In some schools they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as many times as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

RULE 9 Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself. Do that on your own time.

RULE 10 Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

RULE 11 Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:51 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,996,643 times
Default Song in this video?

OK, my culturally-aware friends, I need a little help. There is a song in this segment of Top Gear that starts around 8:10 in this video that I am racking my brain in trying to figure out what it is called and who does it...

It is very Celtic and I was thinking Enya (it is very similar to Boadicea), Loreena McKennitt or even Sinéad O'Connor; but haven't gone digging through collection to see if it's here.

Any ideas?

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio