Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 03:59 PM

45 posts, read 142,720 times

Advertisements

In our neighborhood the HOA recently put up video cameras pointing towards the enter/exit gates because cars were repeatedly "bumping" into the gate and breaking them. The day after the cameras were put up someone had covered them with trashbags and put up a sign saying, "big brother is watching." This happened twice in two weeks and after that the HOA reviewed the film from the cameras and apparently caught whoever was doing it because it never happened again.

Point of the story is some people are jerks for no apparent reason.

Hopefully the vandalism stops in your neighborhood.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:26 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,502 times
Did anyone participate in Trash Day and if so was there a big turnout?. I'm On Call this week and my personal Pickup is at work. I had intended to cut down an unwanted bush (My Wife Hates It) but I didn't have a way to haul it to the SportsPark. I'll just put it out for Tiger.

Although it was on the webpage I still don't think there was enough Sign Time.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:33 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,615 times
And would limbs/bushes be considered "household trash"?

Old 11-07-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
And would limbs/bushes be considered "household trash"?

Yeah. When I had called Tiger about Dumpster Rental(s) for the HOA I was informed that it would include branches. limbs, old furniture, fence boards, appliances, bikes, bad neighbors', ex Wife' etc.

No Chemicals, paint, batteries (vehicle), *If an appliance had freon it had to be removed by someone authorized to do so and then tagged.

Although it's a done deal do you think there was enough notice? I would hope there was a big turnout so the HOA can make this an annual event.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:50 PM

18 posts, read 24,710 times
Wellguy,
There was such a good turn out it had to end early. They opened early as there were people in line before the dumpsters got there is my understanding and by 9:05 both 30 yard dumpsters had trash showing over the top. By 9:30 one of the dumpsters was full and reportedly closed. Thankfully the BoD and staff recommended 2 dumpsters, the original concept was for 1. Using 20-20 hindsight more would have been appropriate perhaps but how do you forecast that amount of trash people have been hoarding? And how many dumsters should have been ordered? They are not cheap you know.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFSH1PILOT View Post
Wellguy,
There was such a good turn out it had to end early. They opened early as there were people in line before the dumpsters got there is my understanding and by 9:05 both 30 yard dumpsters had trash showing over the top. By 9:30 one of the dumpsters was full and reportedly closed. Thankfully the BoD and staff recommended 2 dumpsters, the original concept was for 1. Using 20-20 hindsight more would have been appropriate perhaps but how do you forecast that amount of trash people have been hoarding? And how many dumsters should have been ordered? They are not cheap you know.
That's Great that it worked out well and I'm glad that they went with two dumpsters. To the best of my knowledge Tiger told me they would be about $300.00 for 5 Tons and an extra cost per ton after that. It's been a while back so I don't exactly remember.
* Although I mentioned this in the past Tiger will provide this service for free (I don't know how many dumpster's) if all of the VOWC switched to them. I would like to see them as our sole provider. One day a week pickup is great and we would have less Garbage Trucks on our streets. Some of those guys drive a little crazy and there are alot of times when trash cans are not emptied all the way. The cans tip /blow over and trash is blown into yards. There is no doubt we would get a better price than their already great price.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:55 AM

88 posts, read 169,152 times
Taggers are moving on to houses in Westcreek. There is a home on Rambling Rose in the Vistas that has BK tagged all over their garage door. Aside from the tagging, the home looks well maintained. What a shame. So...is security still not an option?

Old 11-08-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal39 View Post
Taggers are moving on to houses in Westcreek. There is a home on Rambling Rose in the Vistas that has BK tagged all over their garage door. Aside from the tagging, the home looks well maintained. What a shame. So...is security still not an option?
You're correct that it is a shame. Like you it pisses me off that those punks are out there and they have no respect for other's property. Someday the will have a home (if it isnt the Big House) and when it happens to them they will know exactly how we felt when they tagged our neighborhoods. I see those BK tags mainly in the rear of Westcreek near Talley. Although I don't know for sure I'll bet it's local kids.

It appears that the Roaming Security Proposition has been tabled. So it is more thean likely not going to happen.I found that there were those that were against it stating that it is our own responsibility to insure our possessions are safe. That is correct but we cannot stand guard 24 /7. I also know that Roaming Security will not be everywhere at all times. It can work to our advantage though.

As I'm certain you will. I would be sure and notify the HOA Staff Monday morning. Pictures and or locations might be a good thing also. Sad but true it will get worse before it gets better. I seems like the HOA /BOD would be more proactive.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:54 AM

41 posts, read 58,284 times
"It appears that the Roaming Security Proposition has been tabled. So it is more thean likely not going to happen.I found that there were those that were against it stating that it is our own responsibility to insure our possessions are safe. " Wellguy

Where did you hear the tabling of this from? Last I heard they were getting quotes from 3 companies. If history is any guage, it takes longer than a couple of weeks to get a bid/quote. Interesting. . .

Old 11-08-2009, 09:54 AM

88 posts, read 169,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
You're correct that it is a shame. Like you it pisses me off that those punks are out there and they have no respect for other's property. Someday the will have a home (if it isnt the Big House) and when it happens to them they will know exactly how we felt when they tagged our neighborhoods. I see those BK tags mainly in the rear of Westcreek near Talley. Although I don't know for sure I'll bet it's local kids.

It appears that the Roaming Security Proposition has been tabled. So it is more thean likely not going to happen.I found that there were those that were against it stating that it is our own responsibility to insure our possessions are safe. That is correct but we cannot stand guard 24 /7. I also know that Roaming Security will not be everywhere at all times. It can work to our advantage though.

As I'm certain you will. I would be sure and notify the HOA Staff Monday morning. Pictures and or locations might be a good thing also. Sad but true it will get worse before it gets better. I seems like the HOA /BOD would be more proactive.
It appears that our area tagger lives in Wynwood, according to a post on another thread. I agree with you that we can not stand guard of our possessions 24/7. Roaming security would not only help with protecting our homes and vehicles, but some of the other crimes going affecting the common areas as well. It's costing us lots of money to clean up tagging in the Sports Park, on the mailboxes, on the signage and even the sidewalks.

Yes...I do plan on calling the office on Monday morning. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to share. I'm a little nervous about taking pictures of other folks homes. But if you want to drive by...the home is on Rambling Rose in the Vistas it's the second to the last street before the exit to Potranco. If traveling from Texas Mulberry towards the Talley it's on your left hand side...sorry I don't have the specific address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio